Poorest Thais To Get 2,750 Baht Cash Cards

webfact

Poorest Thais To Get 2,750 Baht Cash Cards

By Sasiwan Mokkhasen, Staff Reporter

low-income.jpg  

People fill out the form to register for the junta’s welfare program on April 3 in Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya Province. Photo: Prachachat

BANGKOK — A welfare card to be given to registered, low-income Thais in October will provide 2,750 baht each month to subsidize set living costs, the Finance Ministry said Tuesday.

Instead of distributing cash as was done in the first round of the junta’s welfare program, this year will see cards provided to the 13 million eligible people who signed up. Permanent Secretary Somchai Sujjapongse said the money on the cards is already allocated for five uses: 1,000 baht for train tickets, 800 baht for interprovincial bus fares, 600 baht for Bangkok bus fares, 200 baht for electricity bills and 150 baht for water bills.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/business/2017/07/26/poorest-thais-get-2750-baht-cash-cards/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2017-07-26

7 minutes ago, johng said:

1000 baht for train tickets.....<deleted> ! :blink:

Doh, it's what every poor person in this country really needs you <deleted>!!

Start by taking a 1000 baht return trip to Bangkok, visit temples until you've used up 600 baht for Bangkok bus fares - where you can scrounge rice because you're starving, give the monks 200 baht to help with their electricity bills and 150 baht for bottled water for a week.

29 minutes ago, JohnLick said:

My water bill is never over 150 thb and I live in a high end condo... how much is water in E-San?

Do you do much showering ?, it maybe because you don't have garden.

regards worgeordie

43 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

Do you do much showering ?, it maybe because you don't have garden.

regards worgeordie

He must have overlooked the fact that most Isaan farmers have a garden with irrigation system connected to the communal water system

Without this help the poor would NEVER be riding the new high speed rail....Now they will be forced to spend 1000 baht

on trains...This card will guarantee there are warm bodies in the seats of the new high speed trains....

The new high speed trains WILL be a success failure is

not a option.....  

1 hour ago, janclaes47 said:

He must have overlooked the fact that most Isaan farmers have a garden with irrigation system connected to the communal water system

I haven't been there yet. But considering how much falang money bar girls sent there over the past 60 years I assume they have Tesla Robots taking care of the farming by now.

8 hours ago, johng said:

1000 baht for train tickets.....<deleted> ! :blink:

The 'Current Powers' knows that much of it may go unused and that money left can be used for the submarines........LOL......

If they gave it for food it could all be used (by those Poor), but how then to pay for the subs?

In any case they can have the 'big face' for doing good and possibly get many more votes when they run (later on) in a democratic election, not so different from Taksin and his winning the votes of the poor with inexpensive 'good deeds' to the poor. I think the present 'power' has learned something from Taksin, and that is you can buy more votes from the poor for less cost, than you can from the educated/hi-so folks........ And there are Soooo many Poor (and uneducated)........ and their votes can be bought for 'pennies on the dollar'..... You have to admit that Taksin was smart, (and cunning and selfish)....

9 hours ago, Chris Lawrence said:

Sounds like a Bangkok focused card only. 600 Baht for Bangkok bus use?

The water buffalo will not benefit from such a card.

Should be called 'we are better than you card' as it controls where the money is to be spent.

The card is just a cash card that can be used for anything (One cannot buy local bus tickets with a card so obviously cash needs to be taken out somewhere first - they can't control what you do with the cash). The dumb list is just the government's way to "guide" people to use their money.

A more pertinent question is WHERE is this $1 Billion a month going to come from? :unsure:

11 hours ago, observer90210 said:

Good as there are poor people in Thailand and this would put some butter on the bread... it could avoid some in not getting tempted to become bar girls or to ripoff their farang husbands!!!

No money is allocated for butter !!

5 minutes ago, SABloke said:

The card is just a cash card that can be used for anything (One cannot buy local bus tickets with a card so obviously cash needs to be taken out somewhere first - they can't control what you do with the cash). The dumb list is just the government's way to "guide" people to use their money.

A more pertinent question is WHERE is this $1 Billion a month going to come from? :unsure:

Where????????

From the buying votes from the Poor Fund..... That fund is set aside for when the 'presently un-elected' decide to 'run for election' at such a time there is a real democratic election............  LOL...........

13 hours ago, JohnLick said:

My water bill is never over 150 thb and I live in a high end condo... how much is water in E-San?

I live in a low end house and my water bill is far more than 150 Baht!

Bet you don't need to water your garden very often?

14 hours ago, candide said:

So a poor at the countryside who does not want to travel and uses water from a well gets 200 baht. Great!

Such is the thinking of a third world country. Thailand...you've a long way to go.

My wife has no income.
Therefore my wife is poor and should receive this handout?

She has to register before getting the "handout" think she is too late now for this round.
Does she like train travel ?

Archived