The latest hit - protection from sun and rain - now there's only the police to worry about!

webfact

"The only thing I am worried about is the police - they might claim I have adapted my bike and fine me".   

If the BIB can make more money by shaking down motorcyclists, then you probably can bet that the covers will be labelled as illegal.  They can double their money.  "No helmet! 400 baht.  Cover on motorcycle! 400 baht.  800 baht, pay at table!"

Me?  I'm happy with a rain slicker and a helmet with a visor.  Works fine and leaves the cops with no excuse to shake me down at road blocks.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, johng said:

Maybe a bit dangerous !  :shock1:

In a strong wind  that could either fly off or produce massive side force  to topple or push you under the wheels of the speeding Minivan/concrete truck/tour-bus or "four too naa"

just what I thought when seen this !!!

7 hours ago, johng said:

In a strong wind  that could either fly off or produce massive side force  to topple or push you under the wheels of the speeding Minivan/concrete truck/tour-bus or "four too naa"

Thai wind bot same farang wind ! No problem with Thai wind !

Not sure where they get 'the latest fad' from, we have had these (or very similar) in Phitsanulok for at least 5 years.

They may protect from the sun and rain, but when up against wind, not so good. Really really dangerous even with the wind generated by a passing bus or truck.

2 hours ago, steveyinasia said:

Ridiculous they would considered this to stop them getting wet yet a helmet is not considered to save their lives.

You got it right Steve!!! 

I have seen the 'Hard' variety around for several years which do not have side walls. These type are also becoming popular but again I haven't seen any with side walls.

For mums taking their kids to school they seem fine, as they do not tend to go fast. Teens would not be interested as they are not a fashion item.

9 hours ago, johng said:

good god  , can you ever see anything except a disastrous ending to anything   ? i think not    ?

9 hours ago, JoePai said:

if someone could make something sturdy, functional, safe and cheap they would make a fortune

They have already - it is called a "car'

A car?

Really?

Sturdy?

Oh well, it depends what you call sturdy

Functional?

OK, mostly.

Safe?

Are you serious?

Cheap?

Not really, and artificially expensive because of price agreements between manufacturers and taxes.

21 hours ago, darksidedog said:

I remember discussing exactly this with a friend a few years ago, after I had got completely drowned one day riding home in miserable weather. I said that if someone could make something sturdy, functional, safe and cheap they would make a fortune, as every bike would want one. We even got to some preliminary sketches on a design to see how it would need to be attached. I am glad that someone has now done it, and I will be buying one when I see them for sale. I note though the comment that they were good "if you didn't go too fast" which seems sensible given the wind factor.

..The Flying Nun ..Sister Patrille comes to mind.

The "bill" of the cap looks like it would catch the wind as you drove , slowing you and it also could break off and hit another vehicle if you go too fast. Might cause steering problems too.

If this is defamatory please delete. : )

Archived