The latest hit - protection from sun and rain - now there's only the police to worry about!

webfact

On 7/27/2017 at 8:52 AM, johng said:

Maybe a bit dangerous !  :shock1:

In a strong wind  that could either fly off or produce massive side force  to topple or push you under the wheels of the speeding Minivan/concrete truck/tour-bus or "four too naa"

My thoughts exactly when I saw the picture, when windy and raining that's dodgy enough, with this fixed on look out for an escalation in motorbike accidents or fatalities, they had a fixed one like this on motor bikes many years ago, what happened to that idea.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/26/2017 at 9:55 PM, darksidedog said:

I remember discussing exactly this with a friend a few years ago, after I had got completely drowned one day riding home in miserable weather. I said that if someone could make something sturdy, functional, safe and cheap they would make a fortune, as every bike would want one. We even got to some preliminary sketches on a design to see how it would need to be attached. I am glad that someone has now done it, and I will be buying one when I see them for sale. I note though the comment that they were good "if you didn't go too fast" which seems sensible given the wind factor.

If the weather is so bad, perhaps you shouldn't be riding a motorcycle.  In other words, play it safe.  However, if you are wearing a Buddha amulet, then forget my advice... you should be safe to travel, regardless of the weather conditions.  :whistling:

22 hours ago, AWillOz said:

Just be sure to check if your friend's name is on the manufacturer's list!  The age old invention swipe! (of course just joking... i have come up with many ideas myself, only to see them on market a short time later which has led me to believe that usually many people think alike around the world. What i think, others will think also. It's just a matter of who does first.)

Do not think there will be a patent on it , anyone can copy , make and sell and probably are right now . Top of the range will have  a windscreen with wipers 

On 7/27/2017 at 9:53 AM, JoePai said:

if someone could make something sturdy, functional, safe and cheap they would make a fortune

They have already - it is called a "car'

Indeed.  After  a particularly nasty rain storm on the bike I bought a car.  

I have seen more than a dozen just in the last week. mainly older people have yet to see any youngsters with one. I agree about the wind and stabilization problems. all of the ones I have seen don't have sides and the front windscreen can be unzipped for flow through when not raining.

Archived