Tesco Lotus shop online !

Farang two dot zero

You have 2 hours from booking a slot to confirming your order - if you do not do so it expires and you must select the deliver time again.  There is no requirement to select delivery prior to final order process (but new software does ask you if you want to do so when you enter site).

Would add to my above - you can obtain slot at log in and make the order within 2 hours and amend until 11PM on day before delivery and it is very easy to do.  So if you believe you will have last minute change or addition just make order and then amend it later when you know what else you need - that way you have a confirmed delivery time.

We used it for a while, but typically when they came to deliver, it would only be about 25% of the order. They'd say they were out of stock on everything else. And what they would be out of stock on would be really common items. So I'd have to go to their store and buy them ( they were in stock at the stores, but not for delivery). So we just stopped using the delivery.

They do have stock issues - like all Thai stores - but in general get about 95% what I order here in Bangkok but it is dependent on your address/the shipping point used (their software does offer different items for different locations on normal stock items but is often behind on items temporarily out of stock) - but here in Bangkok they try to offer an alternative (yellow bag) that you can accept or refuse on delivery for items out of stock.  They do offer about a 10% discount on large orders if you can use their e-coupon.

Perhaps that is a Pattaya experience - here in Bangkok I have been using for 3 years and it has been very reliable.  On occasion there have been a number of non available items but the same was true if you visited stores at that same time.  But as said believe it has been about 95% over the last 3 years with average weekly expenditure of 1,500 baht.  

Have used Tesco delivery many times and now that I know what to do everything works fine, received a 3K Baht delivery this a.m., nothing missing and everything is as ordered except one substitution of Hellmans mayonaise for another brand... Should caution that I don't buy fresh meats, and items like that with close expiry dates, I prefer to get those from the store, but do buy tomatoes, potatoes etc. Have found the middle of the week is best for the least substitutions, but don't know why. I'm in Bang Na, Bangkok. BTW, 

I bought several times online and booked the delivery time at 08:00pm. The most time they called around 04:00pm and brought it around 05:00-05:30pm.

But it's ok. Specialy if you order some heavy things like rice, water and beer.

Few problems with Chiang Mai delivery. As others have said, it's terrific for heavy items such as beer, water, cola. 

I generally get a free ice cream or popsicle thrown in, too.

I’ve ordered three times in Pattaya (Jomtien) and every time a few items were missing despite trying to keep the list quite simple. Vegetables have been in good shape in every order and the service is good for heavy items. Except the last time a couple of weeks ago they forgot the water so I guess I give up and go back to IRL grocery shopping.

Been using it for years and never had any problems until this week - The whole site has gone to POT!

I can no longer even log in using Microsoft Edge, so that has gone out of the window.

I moved it over to Google Chrome and tried to amend an order that is still within the window to amend or cancel and it is now locked, unable to edit or cancel the order!

Don't know what they have been doing but they have screwed it up! They are not replying to E mails either.

Must be problems with the entire site as I am in Chiang Mai.

6 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

I am not having any issues here in Bangkok using normal website and all appears to be normal and just signed in to confirm.  I am using Chrome but also tried Edge and all appears fine there too.  Are you sure it is not your ISP? 

https://shoponline.tescolotus.com

Don't think it is the ISP - It is TOT, just phoned Tesco and they seem flustered and seem to know that there is a problem. Like I say, I tried Edge again just now and it will not even log in, just keeps refreshing the login page. Chrome has actually placed the order but is not allowing cancellation or amendments, it just comes up with a tick next to the order saying Your Order Is Due - This normally does not appear until after 23:00 on the day before delivery.

Well, got to admit it but it is Tail Between The Legs Time!

I Just spent best part of today installing Win 10 on my new NVME drive, in fact, i had to reinstall it 3 times, after screwing up where the Docs/Vids/Music files were stored - Anyway, seems like I was wrong about Tesco being all to pot, (It is still all to pot as far as Edge goes) but the order amending and cancelling is my fault! 

It appears that it is all down to the way i installed Time Zones and Time Updates on Win 10 - despite telling windows I was in Thailand and using local settings, it appears to have set the time as UTC, even though the time displayed was actually correct on my screen.

The changes I made to correct everything are -

Set Time Automatically

Set Time Zone Automatically.

But then you need to manually go in there and make a change and set the time to local time, even though local time is actually displayed on the bottom right of the desktop!

So, apologies Tesco and apologies TOT and all the others I have cursed tonight.

And just to add even more humiliation and self loathing....I just checked Edge and it is again working correctly, I can now log in to Tesco on both browsers!

Well, looks like I will be off to the "Foot Of Our Stairs" for that one. Anyway, to make me feel a bit better, i can at least say that i was unable to login to the Tesco site at 3000MB/s now with my new NVME Disk as opposed to a paltry 540MBs on my old fashioned Intel SSD!

I have been using this service for two years now in Jomtien. For the most part very satisfied. Occasionally they send a substitute but if not what I want (usually lot more expensive) I just don't accept. I must also add the delivery people are very courteous and helpful and I  tip accordingly. A couple months ago I had a big problem. I ordered a 3500 baht order with a 400 baht discount. When the order arrived the discount was not there. I talked with someone on phone at the time and assured them I put in for the discount. They said no, so I sent the order back. Well, what happened was that i amended the order and the amended order fell below the 3,500. However I re-amended the order later and the final order was above the 3,500. When you amend your order, the order number stays the same only the amount changes. However even if you add more items to same order number the discount is not reapplied. This should have been handled over the phone when the items arrived instead of sending them back and reordering again to get the 400 baht discount. All in all I think this is a good service.

20 minutes ago, willyumcr said:

I have been using this service for two years now in Jomtien. For the most part very satisfied. Occasionally they send a substitute but if not what I want (usually lot more expensive) I just don't accept. I must also add the delivery people are very courteous and helpful and I  tip accordingly. A couple months ago I had a big problem. I ordered a 3500 baht order with a 400 baht discount. When the order arrived the discount was not there. I talked with someone on phone at the time and assured them I put in for the discount. They said no, so I sent the order back. Well, what happened was that i amended the order and the amended order fell below the 3,500. However I re-amended the order later and the final order was above the 3,500. When you amend your order, the order number stays the same only the amount changes. However even if you add more items to same order number the discount is not reapplied. This should have been handled over the phone when the items arrived instead of sending them back and reordering again to get the 400 baht discount. All in all I think this is a good service.

Confirm that is how it works as have also had that happen (but noticed on computer and re-entered the coupon) - the good point is they do not remove the coupon discount if you refuse substitute items making total lower than original order. 

I used this service a lot in the last year in Bangkok, but as was mentioned earlier, first a 'few' things were out of stock, and the percentage just grew and grew until the norm seemed to be 20% or more. It became a waste of time.

I would order online in English, the list emailed to me was in English, the list of items missing was in Thai. That's good!

Big C even worse (well, their selection on website is worse, not necessarily their delivery / availability).

Tesco is truly shocking for online shopping in Bangkok.

My last order was last week and of 56 items ordered 50 were delivered and of the 6 unavailable 2 acceptable (on sale) alternatives were OK so only 4 short shelf life items unavailable (salids).

It is unfortunate that paper receipt is a combination of Thai/English but expect that is needed for delivery men; and most times I can make it out without asking for a translation.

Just now, Farang two dot zero said:

Indeed every time here in Pattaya it missing items, i will not renew the experience !

And if you go into store there will be missing items but you will buy what is on the shelves so do not notice it as much.  It is a pain I agree - but understandable as what is available at the time you place order may not be what is available when they pack order next day (or later).

3 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

And if you go into store there will be missing items but you will buy what is on the shelves so do not notice it as much.  It is a pain I agree - but understandable as what is available at the time you place order may not be what is available when they pack order next day (or later).

I go to Tosco Lotus twice a week and find everything I need ! :smile:

Just now, Farang two dot zero said:

I go to Tosco Lotus twice a week and find everything I need ! :smile:

But it is not always the specific size or brand you may have had in mind - you pick what is shown on shelf which is what is currently available - on-line you pick full stock of what is normally sold but something you pick may not be on shelf the next day when your order is prepared - in most cases they try to provide an equal item for your consideration but do not press you to buy it.

20 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

No - it normally costs 60 baht.  Which is cheaper than most people could do themselves.

Here in Pattaya I have not seen the 60 baht charge for at least 8 months. Always free. However yesterday for first time when I booked a slot there were some 30 baht slots in the early morning slots.

Archived