BANGKOK 25 May 2019 01:49
Sign in to follow this  
PeaceBlondie

Police Check Requirements

Where does that cultural test any anything else come into play? Sorry, off topic.

That's a requirement for the TCT teacher license.

Prior to sending people to get a non-immigrant B visa, we have all the paperwork necessary. We submit a copy of the degree/transcripts and the police clearance to the MOE (and any other necessary paper work), they issue a letter to the Embassy/Consulate. The person then returns with the non-immigrant B visa and we process the Work Permit and the extension of stay and initiate the paperwork for the 'waiver' of the Teacher's License.

We submit a copy of the degree/transcripts and the police clearance to the MOE (and any other necessary paper work), t

Is this a Thai or country of origin police clearance?

Either. Actually, one of the last ones I got was from a teacher who had worked in Korea and a police clearance from Korea, which was accepted.

Either. Actually, one of the last ones I got was from a teacher who had worked in Korea and a police clearance from Korea, which was accepted.

So, a UK clearance would be adequate without having to get the Thai one?

I believe the clearance is considered valid if you have spent the last 6 months in the country. I've not known the authorities to be too pedantic about the police clearance yet. If you are from the UK, lived in the UK and the police clearance is reasonably current, it should be OK.

If there is a problem, you can go to the Thai police and they will get a new one.

If you have been in Thailand for 6 months,then you might want to get it from here.

I believe the clearance is considered valid if you have spent the last 6 months in the country. I've not known the authorities to be too pedantic about the police clearance yet. If you are from the UK, lived in the UK and the police clearance is reasonably current, it should be OK.

If there is a problem, you can go to the Thai police and they will get a new one.

If you have been in Thailand for 6 months,then you might want to get it from here.

What if I lived in Thailand previously. In my case 4 years ago, and I lived there for 3 years (on and off)

Really post 49.

Rehabilitation of offender.10 year rule only applies in the Uk.

The record is still present,but you don't have to divulge it on application forms.

A record is never fully expunged.

Therefore it could show on criminal record check but not state offences prior to the ten year,only show record present.

The same if are brought into court,the police can mention you have previous offences,but can not be offence specific,

If committed 10 or more years prior.

No idea about the 'what if's'. I don't know exactly how the police go about doing a criminal record check. I would guess that they take a look at your passport and probably check with countries where you have resided or stayed over a certain length of time.

My experience with a negative police report is limited to a guy who had a criminal record check through the Thai police and it showed a drink-driving offense from Switzerland. He was a Swiss national, but had been living abroad for quite a number of years.

Thanks for the response Scott. I will just have to ask if interviewed with the school I am looking at.

Hi,

One of the other members told me to put this in here

I am from Ireland and I am currently applying for a Canadian visa and I need a Police cert from Thailand. I spent a year in Thailand on different visas. I have been given a link to the Thai police site but it is extremey hard to understand. I was just wondering has anyone on here ever gone through the process or know of anyone?? I have asked the Thai consulate in Dublin but they just said they could do nothing most unhelpfull. Just wondering has anyone gone through this, whats the best way too send money? how long does it take??

Kind Regards

If you are in Thailand, specifically Bangkok, which isn't clear in your post, just go to the police office listed on their website. The one downtown. They will sort you out. I've never done it, but we have sent many teachers to get a police clearance.