711 purchasing contact

Rc2702

A company in the UK believe they have an imminent deal with 711 for a product which has just this week been approved by the Thai FDA.

Problem is the company who have brokered the deal have fallen out (husband and wife business)

Does all sound a bit strange but the product does have a green light for resale in thailand (TFDA) and the manufacturer is certain 711 want the product.

We need to confirm 711 are up for it and if they are we need a company to handle the sale to 711 here in thailand.

The item is applicable for pharmacies also.

Serious Private Messages only please.

This could be as simple as a call to a contact at 711 who handles these matters and if it is true and you are comfortable representing the item in thailand then this deal is imminent now FDA is approved.

1 minute ago, tonray said:

What ? You want someone to call 7-11 for you ? 

I don't get it.

We need to first confirm this deal is in the sights of 711. The only way that can be done is by contacting a purchaser at 711. So we need someone that has a contact in 711 purchasing. 

If you know the product and the company and 7-11 wants to carry it...why do you need anyone else.

From the sound of it, you have nothing ....how can you know that 7-11 wants the product if you don't even have any contact with them ?

You realize how this sounds like a scam right ?

1 minute ago, tonray said:

If you know the product and the company and 7-11 wants to carry it...why do you need anyone else.

From the sound of it, you have nothing ....how can you know that 7-11 wants the product if you don't even have any contact with them ?

You realize how this sounds like a scam right ?

I have explained there has been a comms breakdown with the company who have apparently struck a deal with 711 for the item. (Wife and husband business (split up). I believe it could be a scam hence why I need to know if 711 were even pitched. I have a guy in the UK mailing me everyday upset as he has got the Thai fda completed and this company have gone awol. 

Just now, Rc2702 said:

I have explained there has been a comms breakdown with the company who have apparently struck a deal with 711 for the item. (Wife and husband business (split up). I believe it could be a scam hence why I need to know if 711 were even pitched. I have a guy in the UK mailing me everyday upset as he has got the Thai fda completed and this company have gone awol. 

Believe me if 7-11 wanted your product....they don't need any middleman to get it.....sorry man...maybe someone is scamming you

3 minutes ago, tonray said:

Believe me if 7-11 wanted your product....they don't need any middleman to get it.....sorry man...maybe someone is scamming you

Im not sure I do believe you actually. I know topps prefer domestic suppliers and I can understand why it may be a preference. 

The owners of the company I work for also own a business which produces a FMCG food item that is stocked in 7-Eleven (as well as other modern trade businesses).

Knowing the way they got their deal, at this point you should already know how much you have to pay 7-Eleven to stock the item, their provisional initial order quantity and the discounted first order price you would had to offer.

Not knowing any of those details is quite strange.

2 minutes ago, blackcab said:

The owners of the company I work for also own a business which produces a FMCG food item that is stocked in 7-Eleven (as well as other modern trade businesses).

Knowing the way they got their deal, at this point you should already know how much you have to pay 7-Eleven to stock the item, their provisional initial order quantity and the discounted first orfer price you would had to offer.

Not knowing any of those details is quite strange.

BC, as advised the company who apparently pitched 711 have had some form of breakdown internally. (Husband and wife team) as previously explained.  Situation as it stands is the manufacturer in the UK believes a deal was agreed based on production of Thai FDA. Manufacturer has correct cert TFDA and all of a sudden this breakdown occurs wirh the domestic co pitching 711.

So at this stage we need to first check to see if the deal was really pitched and the interest was really there? 

So you understand we are not privy to the shelf space costs, costs like that would normally be factored into price anyway. Not sure about here of course.

I think it's legit but clearly we need to know it is not think it is.

This is not my area of expertise, but I do know my employers had to pay a separate amount for shelf space. Obviously this was correctly invoiced/receipted.

The initial order was also discounted to the point of being unprofitable.

But surely they gave the UK company any kind of info right? If there was a deal then a contract was signed? Right now it sounds very unsure if anything at all was done. If husband and wife split up then often one of them wants to continue the business instead of being left with nothing. Both went silent? They just said something along the lines of "we split up, don't call us again"? I dunno, a bit weird and whatever is going on, it's very unprofessional. Usually these middlemen make the connection and maybe some pitch and in some cases the initial dealing but they always should get the both parties in direct contact. CP All which owns the franchise rights for 7-11 in Thailand is not exactly a small local company, they are used to dealing with suppliers from other countries.

Good luck to you. Hope you didn't pay them anything and got scammed.

57 minutes ago, eisfeld said:

But surely they gave the UK company any kind of info right? If there was a deal then a contract was signed? Right now it sounds very unsure if anything at all was done. If husband and wife split up then often one of them wants to continue the business instead of being left with nothing. Both went silent? They just said something along the lines of "we split up, don't call us again"? I dunno, a bit weird and whatever is going on, it's very unprofessional. Usually these middlemen make the connection and maybe some pitch and in some cases the initial dealing but they always should get the both parties in direct contact. CP All which owns the franchise rights for 7-11 in Thailand is not exactly a small local company, they are used to dealing with suppliers from other countries.

Good luck to you. Hope you didn't pay them anything and got scammed.

Thanks for your comment and yes I do believe something untoward is in the offing after the discussion I just had.

Ok the manufacturer advises me out of the blue one half of the team has sent through a PO from the retailer. The PO is to the Thai middle co.

Happened in the last week.

Aproximately 45000 units initial order.

Value of order. Aproximately 45000 gbp.

Payment terms: payment on delivery??<deleted>

Ok I think it's a scam and here Is why :

I asked how he knew them? he mentioned he knew an acquaintance who introduced him to the male who in turn introduced him to his wife.

This was in Europe.

They established an agreement verbally for this company to engage thai companies and rep the product.

The middle co 15 months ago indicated the retailer wanted the item but certification was required. During the time CERTS were being processed the middle co husband and wife split up.

Husband apparently divulged to manufacturer the reason for the breakdown was his fault and he had behaved badly and therefore was not part of anything going forward.

( red flags I know on payment terms but this distancing of the initial contact ( farang male of middle co seems very strange and seems like the first step of a scam IMO) 

At this point which is aproximately 4 months ago the deal goes cold no one's on it and then out of the blue a PO is copied and pasted to manufacturer this last week. The PO is to middle co apparently from retailer and it's in thai which I am advised has been translated via Google which I am told worked well.

It could be real but the terms are very unfavourable and it does not sound like he is going to finance deal through invoice finance or anything. The claw back costs likely make it not worth it anyway.

I was shocked when he mentioned the quantities. Seems too big for an untested item which in terms of 711 price points is a high ticket item and no store trials with smaller quantities to begin?

The strategy being sold to him now is ASEAN market so it's as if they are planning ahead and this is a done deal in their eyes. Another good strategy for a scam but on the same note it could all be true. 

Thanks for the comments gents and no its not mine it's a acquiantances company and he's a decent guy but I am sure it would not be the first time he has been hoodwinked. I have explained the climate here for such tricks and he seems to be listening so hopefully no one will lose out.

I can assure you the payment terms would not be payment on delivery. For starters Incoterms would be used to establish who pays for what. (For example you will pay for inland shipping to their distribution centre, etc).

In addition, with 7-Eleven you are probably going to have to give them 90 days credit before you even enter their payment cycle.

Believe me, modern trade does not do payment on delivery.

10 minutes ago, blackcab said:

I can assure you the payment terms would not be payment on delivery. For starters Incoterms would be used to establish who pays for what. (For example you will pay for inland shipping to their distribution centre, etc).

In addition, with 7-Eleven you are probably going to have to give them 90 days credit before you even enter their payment cycle.

Believe me, modern trade does not do payment on delivery.

Incoterms - that's shipping that's nothing to do with payment terms AFAIK.

It's a fair point though but it's a drop in the ocean the freight versus product cost and worth it as a scam. The terms between retailer and middle co are not mentioned it's the terms between middle co and uk co which are P.O.D and your right the whole thing stinks to high heaven but it's the method of the scam if it is a scam that I cannot believe he did not ponder earlier. I think he got so wound up waiting for the TFDA that he has had his judgement clouded.

2 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Incoterms - that's shipping that's nothing to do with payment terms AFAIK.

It's a fair point though but it's a drop in the ocean the freight versus product cost and worth it as a scam. The terms between retailer and middle co are not mentioned it's the terms between middle co and uk co which are P.O.D and your right the whole thing stinks to high heaven but it's the method of the scam if it is a scam that I cannot believe he did not ponder earlier. I think he got so wound up waiting for the TFDA that he has had his judgement clouded.

Sorry - I missed where you said the PO was to the Thai company, which is why I mentioned Incoterms. Clearly, when ordering from abroad everyone has to be clear who is paying for customs fees, duty, etc.

However, why would the PO be made out to the middle company? Why is there even a company in the middle? 7-Eleven tend to deal with the source, not agents.

Just tell the agents you want a Letter of Credit, and you will deduct the cost from the invoice. That will end all problems.

If they are genuine then no problem. Scammers will run a mile or endlessly procrastinate.

If the guy in the uk says he has a deal with 7/11 then surely he has the details of the contact at 7/11 or documentation pertaining to the said deal.

I think you should stick with football quizzes.

1 minute ago, crafty said:

If the guy in the uk says he has a deal with 7/11 then surely he has the details of the contact at 7/11 or documentation pertaining to the said deal.

I think you should stick with football quizzes.

I should say the sane to you with your response here crafty. Perhaps it's past your bedtime chum you overlooked a hell of a lot of info.  Has 32 hacked your account?

Archived