Working For A Month To 6 Weeks

meme

I am an experienced teacher who will be in Thailand for 3 months July-Sept.

While I will be getting married and being a beach bum for a month or 2 of that time, I am wondering if it is possible to work for for a month to 6 weeks as I am waiting for my soon to be hubby to finish school before we go to Cananda for 6 weeks (then moving to BKK). So thought I could do somethig productive. Yes I will be there on a tourist visa as I am in Korea right now and will eventually be returning to BKK on a student visa when we move there, but for the 3 months I will be on a tourist visa. I am not saying I want to work illegally. Just wondering what, if any, options there are.

Edited by meme

If you just walk into a local government school and volunteer, they may put you to work informally on the basis you're describing. You should know (and they will know) that this work will be technically illegal. The whole process to get a work permit is usually longer than a month to 6 weeks and any work done (even on a volunteer basis) without it is illegal. Chances are no one will mind and no one will try to "catch" you, but you should be warned there's the outside risk.