Suspected illegal tour guide caught feeding fish off Phuket

rooster59

Suspected illegal tour guide caught feeding fish off Phuket 

Eakkapop Thongtub

1501302486_1-org.jpg

PHUKET: A Korean man suspected of being an illegal tour guide was arrested yesterday for feeding fish at Batok Bay, Koh Racha Yai.

Tour guide and marine conservationist “Seaman Freeman, or Mr Kanchit Klingklip, 47, yesterday (July 28) posted in the “Healthy Reefs” LINE group video clips and photos showing a Korean man illegally feeding fish underwater at Batok Bay, Koh Racha Yai.

The man, nicknamed ‘Nam’ aged between 30-40 years, was with two women when the incident occurred, but it appears that he only led them out to the sea and that they did not partake in the fish feeding. Nam fed the fish alone.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/suspected-illegal-tour-guide-caught-feeding-fish-off-phuket-63239.php#ZkkBksMCmV4RplFp.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-07-29

This country really has it's priorities skewed when it comes to tourism. They let the locals maim and kill their guests with unsafe practices yet feeding the fish is a major crime.

You can't take Thailand seriously. They grey bureaucracy is killing the place.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

17 minutes ago, digger70 said:

Is this a Joke? Can't feed a fish?what about when you go fishing ,you put bait on a hook and line and wait for the fish to eat it C'mon now, serious.5555

Correct, in snorkeling and diving areas you can not feed the fish.

8 hours ago, TomnearCentral said:

Honest question: Is it also illegal to feed fish in rivers in front of temples?

If so, I would like to report the whole population of Thailand to the police......

I believe not. The issue here is related to the fact that it is a marine national park.

10 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

I imagine they will throw the book at him. It is after all a foreigner and a victimless crime.

The Asians, in this case a Korean, have a better understanding of ways to resolve issues than foreigners from more rule-based societies. So, it is less likely there will be any book-throwing, more likely some grovelling and paying.

4 hours ago, Briggsy said:

I believe not. The issue here is related to the fact that it is a marine national park.

The Asians, in this case a Korean, have a better understanding of ways to resolve issues than foreigners from more rule-based societies. So, it is less likely there will be any book-throwing, more likely some grovelling and paying.

Emphasis on the 'paying'.

7 hours ago, stevenl said:

Correct, in snorkeling and diving areas you can not feed the fish.

Around the world they have shark feeding, ray feeding, but not

in Thailand. :whistling:

4 hours ago, Ulic said:

Around the world they have shark feeding, ray feeding, but not

in Thailand. :whistling:

Conservation activists in general strongly disagree with these shark feeding activities.

22 minutes ago, steelepulse said:

Meanwhile, break ins of houses don't get investigated unless a "reward" is paid, tourists get assaulted and threatened by tuk tuk drivers on a daily basis etc. etc.

Heaven forbid authorities ever get their priorities sorted out.

So the department of marine resources should send their people to Patong or some other place to, as you allege, stop the threatening tuktuk drivers.

That's clearly not what he is suggesting.
It's clear this law is enforced because it's a great money spinner for the corrupt.
You really think they care about down fish being fed by divers?

Let's get real. Please.

The problem is they are feeding them "bread" which contains "yeast" and causes the fish to get constipate and can eventually kill them. The whole myth that bread isn't harmful is not the case.  Using special fish pellets would be better but in the long run leaving the fish to their own devices is even better.  http://oceancrusaders.org/why-you-shouldnt-feed-bread-to-fish/

All for the sake of a photo. 

1 hour ago, sebastion said:

That's clearly not what he is suggesting.
It's clear this law is enforced because it's a great money spinner for the corrupt.
You really think they care about down fish being fed by divers?

Let's get real. Please.

Nothing corrupt about this.

He gets caught, gets fined by the courts, all official, and my guess is he gets evicted for working illegally.

Some people have been trying to get enforcement of these rules for years already, and finally since 1/2 year or so these rules are being enforced and people are fined. Excellent.

Archived