Belgian In Chiang Rai

Jahil

i am coming ,...

just pm jozef or go and try his no1 hamburger in Bandu

there are not many i guess , but it ' s been a too loooong time since i was there

in general i prefer Dutch people ( like our forumleader ) , don ' t you ?

allez salut ,

ps : ben je nog in den Belgique ?

i am coming ,...

just pm jozef or go and try his no1 hamburger in Bandu

there are not many i guess , but it ' s been a too loooong time since i was there

allez salut ,

ps : ben je nog in den Belgique ?

You like Dutch hah? What about a Dutchman living in Belgium BUT leaving for Isaan in one month, forever?

Amay

Joe

Com'on Flupke, I am from Remunj in Dutch Limburg, a town which participated in the Belgian uprising against the Dutch in 1831. So I am a kind of Belgian as well, but from the occupied territories :D .

Also on the late Freddy Heineken's (yes the brewer) new map of Europe (the United States of Europe) Dutch Limburg is part of Flanders.

Soon we are going to hear a lot about the most famous (at least that he should be) Belgian in the history of Thailand: Gustave Rolin Jaquemyns, the General Advisor of King Chulalongkorn (1892 - 1901). He is almost the only foreigner (Falcon the Greek was the other, but that was under King Narai) who entered Thai nobility under the title Chao Phya Abhai Raja. Without him a lot of Thais might have been speaking French now; he saved the independence of Thailand after the Pak Nam incident in 1893.

In ten days in Maechan a book about him will be presented by another Belgian member of this forum, Gerry1011.

I think the restaurant of this 'Tropical Paradise(?)' in Ban Tasaai (road to Toeng, after the bridge with the mill at your right side) is also run by a Belgian chef.

There are probably even more Belgians in Chiang Rai, but it isn't easy to notice them: They are not as loud and omnipresent as the Dutch :D

Limbo :o

I have never been to Holland, but I have noticed that Dutch people are almost all friendly and nice.

In the last 7 years, I have only had one Dutch customer who was kind of a twirp and he really wasn't that bad. :o

Edited by Ulysses G.

I have never been to Holland, but I have noticed that Dutch people are almost all friendly and nice.

In the last 7 years, I have only had one Dutch customer who was kind of a twirp and he really wasn't that bad. :o

Some are twirps...

Like Americans :D

Some are twirps...

Like Americans :D

Like everybody. :D

To say that Belgians are a kind of Dutch hilltribes is going a little bit too far, so you won't hear me say that.

But the French speaking part of Belgium, the Walloons, would probably agree (referring to the Dutch speaking Flemish people).

Anyhow, their beers and French fries are considered the best in the world, but not by themselves.

The Walloons would say they brew the best beers and make the best French fries and the Flemish would deny this vigorously. And the other way around you would hear exactly the same. So they neutralize each other. Don't try to understand them, it seems they even don't understand themselves.

The only thing I can say that they, in spite of themselves, brew the best beers and make the best French fries.

Oh yes, they had some good painters too, Rubens was one of them.

And yes, Tractebel was the Belgian company who got the first electric tramways of Bangkok rolling.

So these Belgians are not as stupid as they present themselves after all :D :D :D

For a better understanding, see:

http://home.scarlet.be/~tse21761/Fotoalbum...el/manneke.html

Anyhow, their beers and French fries are considered the best in the world, but not by themselves.

I cannot understand why no-one outside Belgium have learned to make these French fries! They are absolutely the best in the world but I have never eaten anything close to them outside Belgium.

Why they are the best? Because they are so good so you don't need anything else to them except for a good, cold beer.

And the beer from Belgium!!! I know they have hundreds of them but he ones I have tried all have been more than fantastic. They are very expensive if you find them here in Thailand but I must say they are worth that price. And they make you feel good quick, I must say, very quick!! post-29230-1168129751.gif

Have a very good Sunday everyone!

:o:D :D

I cannot understand why no-one outside Belgium have learned to make these French fries! They are absolutely the best in the world but I have never eaten anything close to them outside Belgium.

Why they are the best? Because they are so good so you don't need anything else to them except for a good, cold beer.

And the beer from Belgium!!! I know they have hundreds of them but he ones I have tried all have been more than fantastic. They are very expensive if you find them here in Thailand but I must say they are worth that price. And they make you feel good quick, I must say, very quick!! post-29230-1168129751.gif

Have a very good Sunday everyone!

:o:D :D

Yes indeed , french fries , one of the best things in Belgium , but why ' french ' ?

for the beers to much to mention

Westvleteren , a trappist beer , was selected in US as best beer in the world , but the production is very limited

this trappist , ( all trappist beers are produced by paters = western monk ) , needs only to cover the cost of the monastery and some charity , they brew to live , and don ' t live to brew

for our famous blond beer , Duvel , 9 % alcohol , i think you need to go to No 1 bar (google for website ) in chiang mai

for such a small country , divided in two parts , french and dutch speaking , we don ' t make a bad impression internationally i think , but always very modest , so hereby i will make an exception :

for example our 2006 world champions

• Stefan Everts ( 10 times ! )
  • Tom Boonen
  • Erwin Vervecken ( this year hopefully Sven Nijs )
  • Tennis champions : Justine Henine and Kim Clijsters

and so on ...

( no football fan , so no comment on this )

and yes one of the closest royal relation of king Bhumibol within Europe was our former Belgian king Baudoin(died in 1996)

they met during WW2 in Lausanne , where many royals where in exile for some years , wher they enjoyed a royal european lifestyle of playing jazz music , fast cars , photography and study ofcourse .

Both received the kings titel at a very young age a few years later both in a political turbulent period

Stefan Everts, Stefan Everts, Stefan Everts, Stefan Everts, 10 times worldchampion in 2006?

It doesn't ring a bell.

Could you please enlighten us about the kind of sports?

Anyhow, you Flupke, are the best foreign bicyclist of Chiang Rai, which maybe also could be seen as you being the local worldchampion. Swiss Roger made some progress however, so you will have to prove yourself again. He, sixty years old, won the last mountainbike challenge of Chiang Khong.

Jozef (also Belgian) is the runner up.

Where can you find Jozef?

Easy cake: You just go to Bandu (the first market town in northern direction from Chiang Rai town) and take the first soi to the left after the fly-over for pedestrians.

You will find Jozef's 'Hamburger One' after three hundred meters at your left.

But you knew already.

Stefan Everts, Stefan Everts, Stefan Everts, Stefan Everts, 10 times worldchampion in 2006?

It doesn't ring a bell.

come on Limbo , as an ex Hels Angel on your ratbike , you should know better

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stefan_Everts

http://www.s72.com/

Anyhow, you Flupke, are the best foreign bicyclist of Chiang Rai, which maybe also could be seen as you being the local worldchampion.

this is to much , anyhow , sponsors are always welcome :o

ok , last thing about Belgian proud

The Belgian Shepherd Dog (Malinois)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belgian_Malinois

http://www.fmbb.net/

does anyone know where to find or who has one in chiang rai ?

i have a lot of experience with them , also ringsport

great workingcharacters

not so good in socializing with thai streetdogs i guess (in case of male to male )