BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

Now you see it, now you don't - questions asked as building in Phuket spoils a great view

Now you see it, now you don't - questions asked as building in Phuket spoils a great view

3pm.jpg

Picture: TNews

PHUKET: -- Online speculation about the legality of building on a beautiful stretch of the Phuket shoreline was rife at the weekend.

A Facebook post by "Bank Thanadon" said that an idyllic view on the Nai Han to Krathing cape had been ruined by the erection of a luxury property.

"I don't know who to blame for this," went the post that was reported on Tnews. ""When I first saw it I just thought what a bloody shame".

The poster said a great place to view the sunset was now blighted by the development.

Tnews reported that the Rawai municipal authorities have known about the development since complaints surfaced at the beginning of the year but the council claimed that the building was legal.

They are now coming under increasing pressure as social media is rife with allegations that the development should not have been given permission.

Many people posted before and after pictures of the area and expressed their frustration at a great view ruined.

Source: TNews

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-07-31

Quite the eyesore looking at it from Nai Harn.  Construction has been crawling along or stopped for a while now over the last few months.

Imagine that! Now people just hav to get a little bit higher up to see almost the same view. 

Looks deserted.Roll on High speed

39 minutes ago, geriatrickid said:

Wait until a truck drives through the wall. That building is unsafe.

Made me laugh

1 hour ago, inThailand said:

This land has a build able title deed? 

The an appropriate thick envelope.

Just now, LivinginKata said:

The an appropriate thick envelope.

Perhaps that's why building has stopped.  Envelopes haven't fully been sorted.

I thought building on govt forest land was a thing of the past? History is already repeating itself?

Its a disgrace. The quality of construction is way above the normal Phuket standard. It should be demolished to avoid bringing shame apon all other builders.

An off-topic post containing an un-related YouTube video has been removed from this thread.

9 hours ago, webfact said:

but the council claimed that the building was legal.

not not not the point; in my area of the country, the golden triangle, sob ruak, people right on the river road can hardly see the Mekong river anymore; city planning ? HA; greed and payments