Now you see it, now you don't - questions asked as building in Phuket spoils a great view

webfact

Now you see it, now you don't - questions asked as building in Phuket spoils a great view

3pm.jpg

Picture: TNews

PHUKET: -- Online speculation about the legality of building on a beautiful stretch of the Phuket shoreline was rife at the weekend.

A Facebook post by "Bank Thanadon" said that an idyllic view on the Nai Han to Krathing cape had been ruined by the erection of a luxury property.

"I don't know who to blame for this," went the post that was reported on Tnews. ""When I first saw it I just thought what a bloody shame".

The poster said a great place to view the sunset was now blighted by the development.

Tnews reported that the Rawai municipal authorities have known about the development since complaints surfaced at the beginning of the year but the council claimed that the building was legal.

They are now coming under increasing pressure as social media is rife with allegations that the development should not have been given permission.

Many people posted before and after pictures of the area and expressed their frustration at a great view ruined.

Source: TNews

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-07-31

9 hours ago, webfact said:

but the council claimed that the building was legal.

not not not the point; in my area of the country, the golden triangle, sob ruak, people right on the river road can hardly see the Mekong river anymore; city planning ? HA; greed and payments

Perhaps the mayor needs some help to cover his legal woes.

From 2015>>>>>.. Aroon Soroj, Mayor of Rawai, is accused of allegedly approving construction of a pier in Rawai knowing that the fee was larger than necessary, paying 3.7 million baht over real requirements.

I would link to the article but it was from a publication that didn't want any links.

This is the place where I proposed to my wife. Sad to see it ruined.

A little bit before that building site, there is some kind of restaurant encroaching as well. For some unknown reason they managed to bring a few rusty containers and stack them on this world class site. Boggles the mind.

Aside from the legality, why would anyone spend that kind of money to live 1 meter off the road, never mind a curved road -in Thailand no less?  Land of slow buses passing slower buses on blind curves.  Surely there's land available that wouldn't make the resident wonder if that next bus will be the one to come through the wall.

Next thing that would have to go up is the sound mitigating (and crash deflecting) retaining wall, and then it's just 1/2 meter.

1 hour ago, impulse said:

Aside from the legality, why would anyone spend that kind of money to live 1 meter off the road, never mind a curved road -in Thailand no less?  Land of slow buses passing slower buses on blind curves.  Surely there's land available that wouldn't make the resident wonder if that next bus will be the one to come through the wall.

Next thing that would have to go up is the sound mitigating (and crash deflecting) retaining wall, and then it's just 1/2 meter.

This is actually a very quiet road that in the past saw only a handful of vehicles per day as it goes only to a quiet beach and a couple small resorts.  The road also was only wide enough for a single car or truck.  I haven't been on the road for a couple of years, but I can't imagine it's been widened very much.

Archived