"I didn't go out drinking after killing soldier" says hit and run driver shamed on social media

webfact

"I didn't go out drinking after killing soldier" says hit and run driver shamed on social media

2pm.jpg

File photo: Sanook

A Chiang Mai pick-up driver who piled into a motorcycle killing a soldier at the lights has complained about his treatment online.

Natthawit, 31, killed Camp Kawila soldier Thanathon,30, as he was waiting at a red light at Nawarat Bridge in the northern Thai city.

Natthawit then fled the scene. He was later known to have parked his pick-up at an entertainment venue and gone inside.

The online community turned on him but yesterday Natthawit turned himself in to Mae Ping police to say he had been wronged.

He has admitted to killing the soldier but said he didn't go out boozing afterwards. He said he went to see his brother who works in a pub.

"I panicked," he said. "I didn't know what to do so I went to see my brother".

He said that he had been in touch with the family of the soldier and accepted responsibility for what happened. He said he was stressed and has been unable to sleep.

He turned up to police with an insurance representative and signed the rap sheet.

He missed the victim's family at the station. They said they wanted the matter to be dealt with according to the law.

Sanook did not mention what charges he is or will be facing in the matter.

Another person was also injured in the incident.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-08-02

"I ran over and killed someone and fled the scene. Don't criticize me because I didn't go out drinking after!"

This sort of mentality from your average Joe pick-up driver. Never underestimate the detriment of face. 

watch the video.

speeding to a red light with the whole intersection blocked with vehicles waiting.

and the same old Thai "speed up" when you realize there is a problem. not slamming on the brakes.

poor guy never had a chance.

RIP.

500 baht fine.

He killed the soldier, but didn't go out drinking afterwards... oh well.. that all right then

and he turned up with his insurance rep vs a lawyer.... truly amazing thailand

ironically, if it were me, and someone offered me a stiff drink after squashing someone, my shaking hands would be grateful.

8 hours ago, webfact said:

He has admitted to killing the soldier but said he didn't go out boozing afterwards

Well Well Well... what can we say?!

Let put our focus on this and ignore all other matters in this case (even the poor soul you have taken away) SAD

Speeding, no lights on, intersection (his Lane) blocked by vehicles waiting for a green light, and it looks as though he got followed by someone on a motocy to the bar, RIP to the victim, having been involved in an incident as a young child when I was hit by a vehicle I never saw I can assure you he would not have known or felt a thing, I was lucky, 3 weeks with serious concussion, this poor soul was dead on the spot.

I hope they throw the book at him. Unfortunately it will be a fine and a slap on the wrist. 

3 hours ago, lvr181 said:

"twisted" cretin, full stop. Kills someone and worries about people thinking he goes out drinking afterwards. The morals of a sewer rat :post-4641-1156693976:

you need to apply the "sewer rat" thing a lot further and wider than just on this one guy.

plenty of ordinary Thai folks I have known can casually talk about other Thais they have killed. with no exception they all have had some very flimsy narrative on it.... the kind of thing you make up to tell yourself and others.. just like this story. I mean casual.... very relaxed as if talking about the weather or food etc. just like that.

they are practiced at the same narrative and they are casual telling it because it works. everyone saves face... the listener to the horror and the doer.

westerners would never talk like that unless they are nuts. at most a lawyer might do it on our behalf and he or she would get away with it.. doing a job... but not personally.... here it works. 

no doubt on this at all. 

Hope he does not squirm out of murdering the soldier by paying 

some Baht to the family of the victim.the sentences handed out need

to be more severe,,2 years for killing 2 people in regards to the Benz 

driver,is not going to deter anyone.

regards worgeordie

Archived