Italian man found dead in Phuket hotel

webfact

Italian man found dead in Phuket hotel

By The Nation

PHUKET: -- An Italian man was found dead in the restroom of his hotel room in Phuket with his wrists and throat slit in what police believe to be a suicide.

The body of Salvatore Casolino, 59, was found by a hotel maid on Tuesday night when she went to clean the room at the hotel on Phra Metta road in Tambon Patong in Phuket’s Krathu district.

Police said the man checked into the hotel on April 6 and did not give a check-out schedule.

The hotel maid knocked on the room door to get permission for the daily cleaning, police said. She opened the door with a spare key when she did not get a response and found the body.

Police said there was no trace of a disturbance in the room and his belongings were intact.

The body was sent to the Patong Hospital for an autopsy.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30322528

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-08-02

Italian man found dead in Patong hotel room

Eakkapop Thongtub

1501642853_1-org.jpg

Rescue workers and police arrive at the hotel room yesterday (Aug 1). Photo: Patong Police

PHUKET: Police are investigating what appears to be a suicide of an Italian tourist in his hotel room in Patong yesterday (Aug 1).

Staff at The Natural Resort in Patong notified police at 3:30pm.

Lt Col Weeraphong Rakhitho of the Patong Police along with Patong Police Deputy Chief Investigator Lt Col Somsak Thonggleang and Lt Col Khitthisak Chuphueng of Forensic Police Region 8 arrived at the room to find the man dead in the bathroom.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/italian-man-found-dead-in-patong-hotel-room-63285.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-08-02

No matter what we think are the reasons behind what seems like never ending suicides and murders I really feel for the Emergency and Rescue personal that have to deal with cleaning up the mess.

I guess it happens as often in my country but it almost never makes the news so we are some what oblivious to it all.

20 minutes ago, grumbleweed said:

Wrists and throat WOW!

Gonna stick my neck out on this one and say it probably wasn't accidental

Sherlock eat your heart out

Did he stick his neck out to be cut first or after the wrist cut?

I think we need Naomi Blake to keep an eye out for this one too.

1 hour ago, Toshiba66 said:

No matter what we think are the reasons behind what seems like never ending suicides and murders I really feel for the Emergency and Rescue personal that have to deal with cleaning up the mess.

I guess it happens as often in my country but it almost never makes the news so we are some what oblivious to it all.

A country with over 70m registered inhabitants, approx 20m unregistered in addition to over 30m legitim visitors - I assume we should expect a certain amount of crime...

3 hours ago, grumbleweed said:

Wrists and throat WOW!

Yeah, no shit Sherlock !

Carpet up, sweep underneath, life moves on.

1 hour ago, ttrd said:

A country with over 70m registered inhabitants, approx 20m unregistered in addition to over 30m legitim visitors - I assume we should expect a certain amount of crime...

Yea for sure ,,,Could be worse,,,

3 hours ago, smotherb said:

Obviously a determined suicide.

100 % of suicides in LOS  Ohoo no disturbance as per police and homicide! Case solved! Clearly suicide! So if I want to kill Red Bull heir, Make sure NO disturbance in the room. Wash up, vacuum  and leave. Case solved. TIT verdict - Was suicide as too many envelopes... LOL

5 hours ago, grumbleweed said:

Wrists and throat WOW!

Yes suicide again land of smiles rivers of blood 

9 hours ago, webfact said:

Police said there was no trace of a disturbance in the room and his belongings were intact.

If it was a professional Italian hit, he would have probably been hit in the face unconscious, then had his wrists and throat slit to make it look like suicide, any bruise on his face could be attributed to the fall.

I wish I had confidence in their investigations, but the way this country conducts its business, I don't.

RIP

28 minutes ago, Mad mick said:

Yes suicide again land of smiles rivers of blood 

Must be something in the water around here as too many farags join the suicide club, love to know why.

But both wrists and neck a bit unusual, a bit like the guy who stabbed himself 7 times and jumped out of a second floor window and I think he survived but we heard no more about it

Rivers of something for sure

A serial killer would never be  caught or even suspected,all he would

need to do is,tidy the room up after him,shut the door when leaving,

not saying that's what happened in this case,just saying what could

happen,

regards worgeordie

Archived