Video: Drunk Thai man escapes death after mauling from bear at Phetchabun temple sanctuary

webfact

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, webfact said:

Monk Thanet Tikhayano said that the bear had never attacked anyone before.

He said that Fon was drunk and that when the bear got a whiff of the alcohol she didn't like it and attacked him.

Good thing there was a monk at the scene of the incident who could talk to bears, otherwise how could anyone possibly explain what happened?

6 hours ago, tonray said:

He was mauled by a bear trying to steal a boar ?

He got no boar but bored " maybe thought more bile removal for quality chinese tourist by the ever so so faithful 

monks mmm tiger temple "" another possible money making schemes by monks Buddhism sort dies or blurred in thailand 

1 hour ago, MaksimMislavsky said:

Apparently the bear didn't bother to make sure the victim is dead before eating

A bear making sure a human is dead before eating is like me making sure a tuna sandwich is dead before eating.  It doesn't really matter.  You just start taking bites and stop when you are full.

3 minutes ago, malt25 said:

" The large one rai enclosure is used to house more than 100 wild boar." Am I missing something here ?

100 wild boar and a bear housed on 1 Rai, 1600 square metres ?

No, you are probably not missing something. It is a licence to print cash that is untouchable due to use of the

i) the corruption shield (in with the local amphoe)

ii) the religion shield

2 very effective and powerful cards.

I sense also there was an attempt to use

iii) the charity shield (when the abbot talks about giving away boars)

3 cards = absolutely untouchable.

I am only surprised they didn't weave sick kids into the story but that's more of a Western thing.

6 hours ago, Briggsy said:

There is so much wrong in this story it is impossible to know where to begin. From all sorts of illegal behaviour, justification of that with lame excuses and outright lies, pathetic decision-making, failure to plan, cowardice, lack of law enforcement and lots more. I would be listing them all for hours.

yes the ambulance did not have resuscitation equipment, or a medic to accompany the victim.

7 hours ago, Briggsy said:

There is so much wrong in this story it is impossible to know where to begin. From all sorts of illegal behaviour, justification of that with lame excuses and outright lies, pathetic decision-making, failure to plan, cowardice, lack of law enforcement and lots more. I would be listing them all for hours.

yes,

An endless amount of errors/stupidness/lies etc piled sky high

Business as usual

57 minutes ago, Shaunduhpostman said:

Good thing there was a monk at the scene of the incident who could talk to bears, otherwise how could anyone possibly explain what happened?

My pitbull/bear/lion/tiger/elephant never bites etc etc

animal owners in action

Just like the guy who got buried in sand on another thread I was reading this morning. Yet another example that shows that alcohol is not very good for your health!

See:

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/995513-mate-buries-unconscious-man-in-sand-thinking-that-will-make-him-come round-from-electric-shock/?tab=comments#comment-12145101

If the bear had been one in the wild the drunk would have been a goner I suspect. She appeared to be playing with him more than a full scale attack. Looking at the bear's surroundings who can wonder at her being reluctant to release her toy. The poor thing is reported to be a lone bear. Why not take it to a sanctuary where it has some grass and trees? Where are the cruelty to animals people? :sad:

11 minutes ago, Lampang2 said:

My pitbull/bear/lion/tiger/elephant never bites etc etc

animal owners in action

Yep. A variety of a classic human response to the misfortune of others: I've never had a problem with xyz (erroneously assuming they never will have a problem with xyz in the future), so what's wrong with you that you have a problem? 

Drunk Thai man...I'm afraid you will have to be more specific...

Was it a drunk Thai man who doesn't take care of his kids?  Wait...I'm afraid you'll have to be more specific...

Was it a drunk Thai man who doesn't take care of his kids and is dependent on his mother? Wait...I'm afraid you'll have to be more specific...

Was it a drunk Thai man who doesn't take care of his kids and is dependent on his mother and hits his wife? Wait...I'm afraid you'll have to be more specific...

Was it a drunk Thai man who doesn't take care of his kids and is dependent on his mother and hits his wife and claims to be a Buddhist? Wait...I'm afraid you'll have to be more specific...

And of course...if it is a real fight, and a real Thai man, why aren't there 5 of his Thai buddies to help beat up the bear?

I don't know where to start.....  from the monks intensive pig rearing pit, giving away the animals they are supposed to be giving sanctuary to... and to be EATEN.  Keeping a bear in such disgusting cruel environment, drunk people at the temple, stupidity of the drunk guy, and the onlookers.  Wow.  

Archived