Video: Drunk Thai man escapes death after mauling from bear at Phetchabun temple sanctuary

webfact

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Kerryd said:

I won't comment on the:

"Fon entered the cage because he wanted to get a boar. He offered grass to the bear and patted it on the head."

because otherwise 8 hours from now it will be corrected and then for the next 3 days there'd be nothing but stupid comments about how I should READ the original article and stop spreading "misinformation" from all the people who think they are so superior to everyone else.

However, I suspect that if a drunk man was trying to "pat" a bear "on the head" (like it should say in the original post) it is likely the bear thought he was trying to do something else. It could have also thought he was an intruder and was just being protective of it's home. 

If the bear was really angry, after 15 minutes there wouldn't have been enough left of the guy to even bother trying to get to a hospital. It seems the bear has been raised around humans since it was a cub and I doubt that the smell of alcohol would, by itself, cause the bear to attack.

The guy was ok until rescued! Dragged and, thrown in the back of a pick probably doing as much harm as the boar, sorry bear. :sorry:

Hope the guy lives to become a non drinking monk.  Or a full recovery.    Ouch.   

What are wild boars?  I know what they are in Texas and the USA.  

Are they Russian boars? 

Something native to Thailand?

It seems like Thailand could be over run with wild non native boars.

100 boars of 100 kg each is much different than  a family of pigs of all sizes including shoats.  It would not take long for a Few hogs to grow to 100.   Did the bear ever partake of pork?

1 hour ago, Elkski said:

Hope the guy lives to become a non drinking monk.  Or a full recovery.    Ouch.   

What are wild boars?  I know what they are in Texas and the USA.  

Are they Russian boars? 

It seems like Thailand could be over run with wild non native boars.

100 boars of 100 kg each is much different than  a family of pigs of all sizes including shoats.  It would not take long for a Few hogs to grow to 100.   Did the bear ever partake of pork?

For your further edification, I hope you don't find it boaring.

https://www.thainationalparks.com/species/wild-boar

11 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

It appears the alcohol effected his better judgement of what kind of bear hug he was going to receive ?

image.png

It never ceases to amaze me how fast people could get photo that is fitting to the news all the time. 

Well, I would say hello to this female bear and let her eat my cucumber. Not grass bears don't eat grass do they? 

10 hours ago, PremiumLane said:

Is it the Thai version of The Revenant?

Of course it is and it beats the movie "The Revenant" hands down. Why? Because they give you the real stuff. Can that American movie does the same thing? I guess not.

10 hours ago, tonray said:

He's lucky he didn't get gored by the boar while being mauled by the bear. 

Yeah, that was what i was thinking, especially a female boar with little babies following her that's when she becomes very protective, then the guy wouldn't survive if gored by the boar, blood loss, huge gap on the thigh and legs bones sticking out, if you see any of  the pictures you will understand survival chance is not good being gored by boar.

8 hours ago, cyberfarang said:

Just look at the dreadful environment and the horrific conditions that bear is kept in. I would hate to see the ways other animals are imprisoned there. It`s no wonder these animals go crazy.

Why are these places allowed to exist and not closed down?

This is Thailand standard you can't compare your home country conditions with Thailand. Do you expect the veterinarians to visit them too? And the animals have enclosure where they could be bath? Come on, this is Thailand. Maybe rich Thai guys have some private little zoos do have good facilities I am not sure.

Come on guys it is staring you in the eyes.A drunk Thai guy goes in the area.trys to control a Bear.you do not know what he did. A pissed up drunk starts molestering you inthe street, what you going to do. 

Stop talking B/S.

get real.  

What is with monks and the need to cage animals in poor conditions? I see no reason and they should stick to meditating or whatever they do in the course of a day. Monks are animal lovers in guise only.

1 hour ago, madusa said:

This is Thailand standard you can't compare your home country conditions with Thailand. Do you expect the veterinarians to visit them too? And the animals have enclosure where they could be bath? Come on, this is Thailand. Maybe rich Thai guys have some private little zoos do have good facilities I am not sure.

And Thailand's "standard" is questionable.

16 hours ago, Briggsy said:

There is so much wrong in this story it is impossible to know where to begin. From all sorts of illegal behaviour, justification of that with lame excuses and outright lies, pathetic decision-making, failure to plan, cowardice, lack of law enforcement and lots more. I would be listing them all for hours.

But all of it  can  be covered with the word  "misunderstanding".

Archived