Six missing as diving boat capsizes in Krabi

snoop1130

Six missing as diving boat capsizes in Krabi

By The Nation

b7a01fd6a1c1cf781b6ee5288a83d6a8-atwb.jpeg

Six people are missing after a small diving boat capsized in Ao Nang, Krabi province, on Friday afternoon due to strong winds and waves.

The boat, named Profun Divers, carried 12 passengers – two Thais and 10 foreigners – heading for a diving trip at the Viking cave in Nopparat Thara-Phi Phi Beach. 

The incident took place at around 3.30pm. As of 4pm, six people were rescued and six were still unaccounted for.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30322819

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-8-4

I'm back from the rescue mission. It was a longtail boat carrying in total 14 people on a snorkeling tour.

All people are saved, some brought to hospital to clean up their wounds the got from climbing up the rocks at the closest by island.

It happened in front of Hat Nopparathara harbor, between the two islands who are the landmark for this harbor.

Picture taken when the last person is brought back to safety.

IMG_20170804_165419.jpg

Tourist boat sinks near Phi Phi Island - six missing

1(3017).jpg

A tourist boat carrying 12 people - both Thais and foreigners - capsized in heavy winds near the entrance to the Hat Nopparat Tara national park in Krabi on Friday.

Six of the tourists were rescued but Tnews reported that a further six were being searched for in difficult conditions.

The accident happened at 3.30pm.

Source: http://www.tnews.co.th/contents/bg/344204

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-8-4

All boat owners and tour companies are warned that heavy rain storms with big winds and high waves will hit the area for the next few days.

Small boats are not allowed to go out, this was as the captains love to call it a Big Longtailboat.

This company tells: The tickets where sold, we did not want to postpone and we thought the weather would be ok.

You can implement many systems, but as I have seen pictures from Phuket Beach where the whole beach is now blocked with ropes to prevent tourist getting in the water ignoring all the red flags with warning NO SWIMMING, the only way is: Block harbors so boats can go not out. Not with just a rope, captains will cut it.

6 minutes ago, pookiki said:

With so many boat accidents in rough seas of late, some system must be implemented to prevent boats from sailing in severe weather.

No problem, Super general will enforce a new rule on this, same like he did with the speed limiters on the mini vans a few months ago, which now again pass me as if i stand still when I'm driving 90km/h

Passengers in Krabi boat capsize rescued

By The Nation

e4e084485a6110d14d1956721fa2641f.jpeg

All passengers were rescued after a small diving boat capsized in Ao Nang, in Krabi province, on Friday afternoon due to strong winds and waves.

The boat, named Profun Divers, carried 12 passengers – two Thais and 10 foreigners – and was heading for a diving trip to the Viking cave in Nopparat Thara-Phi Phi Beach. 

The incident took place at around 3.30pm.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30322847

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-8-4

I just seen on a Thai Facebook page a short video of a Scuba Diving Boat sinking at Viking Cave Koh Phi Phi Ley.

I could not share or download the video, but it looks to me we are dealing with two tragedies at the same time

and stories get mixed up with locations and type of boat and amount of passengers.

As far as I could understand the short video also on the Scuba Dive boat at Koh Phi Phi all are safe.

12 hours ago, Khun Robert said:

I just seen on a Thai Facebook page a short video of a Scuba Diving Boat sinking at Viking Cave Koh Phi Phi Ley.

I could not share or download the video, but it looks to me we are dealing with two tragedies at the same time

and stories get mixed up with locations and type of boat and amount of passengers.

As far as I could understand the short video also on the Scuba Dive boat at Koh Phi Phi all are safe.

I saw the same one

I found a picture of the second tragedy.

Definitly not the same location, circumstances or same boat.

In my earlier post I was at the rescue from a sunken longtail boat at the entrance of Hat Nopparathara harbor nearby Ao Nang.

This picture is the Pro fun dive boat which went down at Viking Cave Koh Phi Phi.

20622093_10156475226743135_9069283315593796474_n.jpg

23 hours ago, pookiki said:

With so many boat accidents in rough seas of late, some system must be implemented to prevent boats from sailing in severe weather.

Nope...........no chance this is thailand  :whistling:

Archived