Jump to content
Thai Visa Forum

Aussie falls down the stairs to his death in Hua Hin


snoop1130

Recommended Posts

Aussie falls down the stairs to his death in Hua Hin

 

CiHZjUdJ5HPNXJ92GO1Q1TH1ZHLwWPfSQ4.jpg

 

Hua Hin police said that a 75 year old Australian likely tripped and fell to his death at his townhouse in the city.

Maid Sunee Duangkaew, 69, said she found her boss James Ian Lawrie when she came to do the cleaning yesterday.

He was lying at the foot of the stairs with a wound to his head. Police said there was no sign of a struggle and there was no evidence of theft.

Mr Lawrie lived alone she said and had been in Thailand many decades.

He was working as an agent selling land.

Police believe he stumbled and fell down the stairs hitting his head on the floor. He had been dead about three days when he was found.

The body was sent to the police hospital for autopsy.

 

Source: https://www.thairath.co.th/content/1027204

 
tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-8-4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems to be a tragic accident. However, the standard 'copy and paste' statement appears, as with all foreign deaths here !

9 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

Police said there was no sign of a struggle and there was no evidence of theft.

R.I.P Mr Lawrie. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Thaiwrath said:

 

Seems to be a tragic accident. However, the standard 'copy and paste' statement appears, as with all foreign deaths here

 

Ridiculous "knee jerk" statement with no basis in fact. Just what are the police supposed to say if there is indeed no sign of forced entry, struggle and all valuables in place?

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

How do police know that there was no evidence of theft ?

I don't leave a convenient inventory of all my belongings next to the front door in case I die !!

I don't know. Do you think it could be that his valuables, things like watches, rings, wallet, cash artifacts ect were all sitting in plain sight?  That drawers weren't forced open, that documents were in place?  That would be a pretty good clue.

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, dddave said:

I don't know. Do you think it could be that his valuables, things like watches, rings, wallet, cash artifacts ect were all sitting in plain sight?  That drawers weren't forced open, that documents were in place?  That would be a pretty good clue.

 

How would the police know that "documents were in place", my drawers don't lock so wouldn't be forced and how would you know all his cash and valuables were still there ??

 

It's either slack reporting or slack investigating or both...

 

Not saying he didn't just fall down the stairs but the presumption in most cases amazes me !!

 

RIP cobber

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, worgeordie said:

An agent selling land,sometimes a dangerous profession here,but at 75 most likely just fell down

the stairs,RIP.

regards worgeordie

I was thinking the same! An unhappy customer comes over for a visit! RIP to his family!

Link to post
Share on other sites

One thing I swore I'd never do as I got older, live in a 2 storey house, or anything with stairs. Some of those stairs in townhouses are more like ladders without any grab rails.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

How would the police know that "documents were in place", my drawers don't lock so wouldn't be forced and how would you know all his cash and valuables were still there ??

You have obviously never seen burgled premises..... they scatter the contents wide and far and often urinate or defecate on top of the resulting mess. It is reasonably obvious when it happens!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, scotchonrocks said:

And regardless what they say, we are to believe the BiB?

So if the BiB said that this was a murder, we should then disbelieve them and think that is was an accident ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, sanemax said:

So if the BiB said that this was a murder, we should then disbelieve them and think that is was an accident ?

 

I could see them calling it any way that keeps Thailand's reputation (and their gravy train) intact.

 

A lot depends on who they finger for the murder.   And don't forget assisted suicide, abysmal building safety standards, spiked beverages, pesticide use, and a dozen other dangers here.  

 

It's rarely as simple as murder/accident.  And sometimes, there's no sign of what's been stolen until they check the bank account and business documents.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The elderly and people with health concerns should not have stairs in their homes for many reasons.

 

If they do there should be hand rails for support and security.

 

If there is an angry person behind you near a stairs let them go first!

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, dddave said:

Ridiculous "knee jerk" statement with no basis in fact. Just what are the police supposed to say if there is indeed no sign of forced entry, struggle and all valuables in place?

You are assuming the police did a proper investigation?

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, dddave said:

Ridiculous "knee jerk" statement with no basis in fact. Just what are the police supposed to say if there is indeed no sign of forced entry, struggle and all valuables in place?

 

How'za 'bout "we're still investigating and have no statement at this time"?

 

That way, there is no face to save if things turn out different than they first surmised.  Makes it a lot easier in the event the investigation points to foul play, and no harm if it was a tragic accident.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

How do police know that there was no evidence of theft ?

I don't leave a convenient inventory of all my belongings next to the front door in case I die !!

Yes true ! unfortunately u can trip walking along a footpath in Thailand or else where in the world, same ending accidents do happen sad ending but that's life can happen to anyone RIP to the older fella and his family  .

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, trogers said:

Vertical transportation by a system of cable and pulleys.

 

And maintained by Thais :shock1:.

 

A common exit is direct by air. Hope the balcony is safe, I have seen a number with very low guard rails......

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, steven100 said:

his cleaner seems to know all his details possibly including his ATM pin and mobile phone.

Wow, your sleuthing skills must be awesome, as I couldn't see anything close to what your suggesting. Or of course, your just talking crap, and as usual just Thai Bashing (the latter is more likely).

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, psyvolt said:

Wow, your sleuthing skills must be awesome, as I couldn't see anything close to what your suggesting. Or of course, your just talking crap, and as usual just Thai Bashing (the latter is more likely).

I said possibly ... I didn't say did happen or confirmed ....   and do you think he actually fell down the stairs  ?   I mean alot of people fall down stairs every day and die ??  ....  just my thoughts.  I'm not bashing thai or anybody, I'm thinking the cleaner ( job or role ) rather than where she comes from ... it could be anywhere.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, steven100 said:

I said possibly ... I didn't say did happen or confirmed ....   and do you think he actually fell down the stairs 

And what peice of information would make you even think that. Hell, it's possible the cat did it, yet I see you didn't mention the cat. Just the Thai worker was an easier target for you.

 

No idea what happened, as I'm not one to assume anything without information, less try and lay blame with absolutely no information to do so.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...