BANGKOK 26 June 2019 10:38
Sheryl

US Veteran Health Care cover Info

Hi it's blue bruce in Buriram. I know there are 2 mental clinics in Korat. Can you recommend one ?.?.?
Thanks

Suggest changing the title of the topic.  The contents of the post are geared towards a very specific group of veterans.

are there any health providers in Chiang Mai who except tricare from retired veterans

Thanks for doing the homework on this and posting.

i am a retired veteran with 20% disability for blood pressure and back problems.  64 and will soon be switched to Tricare for Life.  I have my final yearly physical under Tricare Monday and then transfer to Tricare for Life.

I visit Thailand, at least, two times a year for under 30 days.  I will be in Pattaya beginning February 15, 2019 for 30-55 days.  

I seem to have a nerve injury in my hand that goes up into the shoulder area or vice versa.  We believe it is a pinched nerve in the shoulder.  The Doctor will, probably, put me on 800mg Ibruprophren, three times a day and may give me a sling.

My concern is that it gets unmanageable while traveling the 30 hours to Thailand or it gets worse in Thailand.  

If I go to Pattaya Hospital or another medical provider in Thailand, would it be best to buy insurance before leaving or can I get reimbursed for expenses.

Appreciate your thoughts.  Thanks.

Thought that I would post the below link.  Seems I would only be covered for stuff associated with blood pressure and back??

https://www.va.gov/communitycare/programs/veterans/fmp/index.asp
That site is not talking about Tricare. Not all veterans are eligible for Tricare.

If you have Tricare for Life it will cover any medically necessary procedure here but on a reimbursement basis.

BTW what you describe could also be a priblem with the cervical spine.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

If you have Tricare for Life it will cover any medically necessary procedure here but on a reimbursement basis.

Sheryl,

Outstanding information.  I would never had known this but for your postings.  Unbelievably helpful.

One more question please.  What would your opinion be for my wife?  She did 16 years in the Navy but did not retire.  She is 61 and she uses Tricare at present.  

She was with me in Pattaya during April-May 2018 visit and will be visiting Thailand with me later on in the year.

Thanks Again.

P.s.  Appreciate the cervical spine part.  I will discuss with my provider in my yearly physical on Monday.

Edited by George36
Spelling

Sheryl,

Outstanding information.  I would never had known this but for your postings.  Unbelievably helpful.

One more question please.  What would your opinion be for my wife?  She did 16 years in the Navy but did not retire.  She is 61 and she uses Tricare at present.  

She was with me in Pattaya during April-May 2018 visit and will be visiting Thailand with me later on in the year.

Thanks Again.

P.s.  Appreciate the cervical spine part.  I will discuss with my provider in my yearly physical on Monday.

If you're qualified for Tricare, you could call them before your travel dates to switch to Tricare overseas select, the coverage will begin on the dates you provided.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app