How Can I Process Credit-cards 'offline'?

simon43

A simple question. For no-show/cancelled bookings, my hotel policy (and that of the internet travel agent who makes the hotel booking), authorises me to levy a no-show fee equivalent to 1 night of accomodation.

But my CC machine requires the CC to be swiped! So how can I process this payment? I have all the CC details and authorisation from the travel agent to levy the fee, but I don't have the CC itself!!

Advice much appreciated!

Simon

Depending on the model, it is sometimes in the functions section of the machine, needs a pin sometimes. Similar to refund area, can be hard to get to in order to prevent fraud.

In the event the manual ( :D ) is in English, look for the section on down time processing. eg What to do when there is a power failure, as it never (?) happens in LOS they may not have that in the book. :o

Another way to process it is to use a manual voucher, write in the card details, and in the section next to the amount write "late cancel fee" or "booking cancel fee". Bank with other banking. Have a set of your booking conditions in Thai on hand to show the bank.

Thanks for all the advice. I need to process these 'no-shows' within 5 days of their occurence, so I will probably miss out on these 2 cases...

However, since no-shows are bound to occur in the future, I should really sort out a solution for CC processing without the card being present.

Authorizedotnet seems only to cater for US companies. What about 2checkout.com? (I think I might already have an account with them - better check quickly.....)

Simon