Flights from Hua Hin to Kuala Lumpur get a little closer

Flights from Hua Hin to Kuala Lumpur get a little closer

airasia-a320.jpg

Image: A320 file photo

Flights to and from Hua Hin and Kuala Lumpur have got a little closer to becoming a reality after Air Asia presented a business plan to airports authority executives.

A meeting held at the Hua Hin airport was told that Air Asia plan to operated a return flight KL - HH - KL once a day.

Manager reported the service is likely to start in December while Thai Rath said on their TV show that November was possible.

The service will use the 180-seat airbus A320.

Manager said that the flights are expected to bring 50-60,000 tourists from the Malaysian capital to Hua Hin in 2018.

They said that flight costs were still being discussed.

Thaivisa understands that Air Asia has already signaled its intention to expand services from Hua Hin airport to destinations both within Thailand and internationally after two more years.

A source familiar with matter told Thaivisa on Sunday that Air Asia plans to offer flights from Hua Hin to other popular destinations in Thailand including Phuket and Krabi, while as many as 40 internationals destinations have been earmarked for international flights.

These destinations include Malaysia, Singapore, Hong Kong, India, Philippines, Australia and even the United States.

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-08-07

This is excellent news for all and mainly the Hua Hinners intending to travel or needing visa runs!

It was about time to use the almost abandoned Hua Hin airport.

Nevertheless, the frequencies of flights would need to be under control, as one could speculate on some inconveniences for those living below the flight corridors, should flights operations be on a 24/7 basis.

What about the infrastructure? Hua Hin is a small town that is already congested in trafic. If no layouts or updates are made, will the town be able to absorb the overnight influx of population generated by the international flights?

this is not good news for me. I live in Hua Hin and traffic is bad during rush hour, and it is really bad on weekends.

I wonder if the super rich Bangkok Thais will be happy with all these Farangs tourists getting in their way in Hua Hin?

Great news but will believe it when it happens. Have followed stories for almost 10 years about new flights from Hua Hin with no real progress.The airport is a few klicks North of the town max capacity 180 pax, not going to cause a traffic problem.  Even with more flights planned it shouldnt impact too much as no doubt some will head to Cha am, some in North Hua Hin and the rest dispersed in the town or Southwards

1 hour ago, NCC1701A said:

this is not good news for me. I live in Hua Hin and traffic is bad during rush hour, and it is really bad on weekends.

I wonder if the super rich Bangkok Thais will be happy with all these Farangs tourists getting in their way in Hua Hin?

It is good news for all international travellers and bad news fro those who were ignorant enough to settle close to an airport hoping it will always be abadoned.

The big traffic problem of Hua Hin will not be infuenced a lot by a few planes. This problem has to be solved independently. Hua Hin needs a well designed backbone road which can be built either along the channel or the train track with bridges and underpasses.

How many times has this airport been open and then closed? flew it once on Bangkok airways but never could again after that as told route closed

Too many dreamers around here but a nice place compared to the rest but going down hill fast.

I will believe it when I see it. Sometimes I booked these rare destinations like Kota & air Asia canceled my flight at last minute when could of rerouted me but didn't & then had 12 hour layover at KLLCT 

Great news if it helps tourist people.

The biggest thing Air Asia could do is to grab a direct flight to the UK from DMK.     give Thai Airways a boot up the rear and avoid the KL connection.

Just off topic how is Udon an INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT when only domestic fly from there  ??

Amazing........ foreigners have settle in Hua Hin because it up to now have been a bit more quiet and with a bit more slow going and well behaving foreign residents and still many want an relative idyllic town only disturbed by Scandinavians crossing the road to be terrorised by until now a relaxing airport turning nightmare with low fare confused tourist most interested in prices at the food court at Marked Village :omfg:

11 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

I agree with you, infrastructure is a nightmare at the moment.

Every parcel of land being built on but with no improvement to the road system, as you say peak times are rally bad.

Ten years ago I loved Hua Hin almost relocating myself... now with the place expanding as it is it's just going to become another huge concrete jungle with very little in the way of beach front to support the growth of a new west coast resort.

Sea connections from the east, proposed high speed rail link, & now the airport, give it 10 years & you'll have the west coast Pattaya.

12 hours ago, hhinhh said:

It is good news for all international travellers and bad news fro those who were ignorant enough to settle close to an airport hoping it will always be abadoned.

The big traffic problem of Hua Hin will not be infuenced a lot by a few planes. This problem has to be solved independently. Hua Hin needs a well designed backbone road which can be built either along the channel or the train track with bridges and underpasses.

Not sure what gives you the right to call people who bought property close to the airport ignorant! I bought ptoperty beside the airport because it was there and convenient to fly down from Bangkok, then they stopped the flights. Even now with the flights landing at the airport it is not an inconvenience for me and there's a few daily. Air Asia will bring a lot more tourists for sure and I'm not concerned about traffic. Try living in Bangkok!

Anything that can be done to remedy this absolute travesty, is a good thing. I understand an important man did not like the noise before. No longer an issue. Come on guys. Lets get it together. Hua Hin is one of the most underutilized airports in the world, and by far the most underutilized in Thailand. It is a boil on the face of Thai tourism. Get those flights going, and do it as fast as you humanly can. Hua Hin desperately needs an airport. 

Time to man up, and do the right thing by your people, and the tourists that travel here.

On 8/8/2017 at 3:04 AM, Felt 35 said:

Amazing........ foreigners have settle in Hua Hin because it up to now have been a bit more quiet and with a bit more slow going and well behaving foreign residents and still many want an relative idyllic town only disturbed by Scandinavians crossing the road to be terrorised by until now a relaxing airport turning nightmare with low fare confused tourist most interested in prices at the food court at Marked Village :omfg:

There is nothing quiet about Hua Hin these days. It is massively congested, and the development is rampant. What part of quiet are you seeing? Compared to what? Bangkok? Los Angeles?

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎09‎.‎08‎.‎2017 at 1:12 PM, spidermike007 said:

There is nothing quiet about Hua Hin these days. It is massively congested, and the development is rampant. What part of quiet are you seeing? Compared to what? Bangkok? Los Angeles?

I cycle regularly soi 112 and go West. 3-4 hours a Saturday or Sunday morning and just a few cars around. Even midweek and also afternoon its relatively worry free to cycle in that area. (Btw, Its similar to Phuket 15 years ago but not to think about now) But guys/gals keep welcoming tour buses, light rail trams and flights landing in the middle of Hua Hin and yourself and many others are part of squeeze yourself out of Hua Hin eh unless of course soi  bintbath is your style :saai:  I compare with my short experience living 3 years in Bangkok, 15 years in Phuket and now lastely nearly two years on and of in Hua Hin:smile:

8 hours ago, Felt 35 said:

I cycle regularly soi 112 and go West. 3-4 hours a Saturday or Sunday morning and just a few cars around. Even midweek and also afternoon its relatively worry free to cycle in that area. (Btw, Its similar to Phuket 15 years ago but not to think about now) But guys/gals keep welcoming tour buses, light rail trams and flights landing in the middle of Hua Hin and yourself and many others are part of squeeze yourself out of Hua Hin eh unless of course soi  bintbath is your style :saai:  I compare with my short experience living 3 years in Bangkok, 15 years in Phuket and now lastely nearly two years on and of in Hua Hin:smile:

Your point is well taken. In fact, I like Hua Hin quite alot. I visit regularly. I was referring to Phetkasem, and the surrounding areas. But, HH is a very pleasant town, and the hills are quite nice.

8 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Your point is well taken. In fact, I like Hua Hin quite alot. I visit regularly. I was referring to Phetkasem, and the surrounding areas. But, HH is a very pleasant town, and the hills are quite nice.

8 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Do I glimpse another cyclist.....mountain bike :smile:

On 8/7/2017 at 9:31 PM, ginjag said:

Great news if it helps tourist people.

The biggest thing Air Asia could do is to grab a direct flight to the UK from DMK.     give Thai Airways a boot up the rear and avoid the KL connection.

Just off topic how is Udon an INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT when only domestic fly from there  ??

AirAsiaX used to fly to London but won't be doing it again any time soon.

Lao Air used to serve Luang Prabang from UTH as well as a few others that have subsequently trimmed their wings. I flew them to get to work in Vietnam when the yellow's had shut down the Bangkok airports. Tigerair had a brief flirtation to (I think) Singapore via UTH about 10 years ago.

Archived