PHOTOS: More long immigration queues at Don Mueang

Airline schedules are published MONTHS in advance, so it is not too difficult to calculate how many passengers will be arriving on a given date. All the lame excuses advanced by those responsible fall flat in the face of this simple fact. 

The Ministry of Tourism wants to encourage more and more tourists to come to Thailand, but there seems to be no effort to promote co-ordination between the various departments -- or to provide the resources to fix the immigration backlog.

The latest claim that arriving passengers will be processed "in an hour" is still unacceptable -- and way longer than it takes in most neighbouring countries. 

2 hours ago, Goethe said:

Airline schedules are published MONTHS in advance, so it is not too difficult to calculate how many passengers will be arriving on a given date. All the lame excuses advanced by those responsible fall flat in the face of this simple fact. 

The Ministry of Tourism wants to encourage more and more tourists to come to Thailand, but there seems to be no effort to promote co-ordination between the various departments -- or to provide the resources to fix the immigration backlog.

The latest claim that arriving passengers will be processed "in an hour" is still unacceptable -- and way longer than it takes in most neighbouring countries. 

Indeed. I have never waited for more than a few minutes in any neighbouring country. Ever. In 30 years.

On 8/9/2017 at 0:28 PM, maingmoom said:

I recently went out of and returned into Don Mueang. Parking, Leaving and returning all a nightmare. I have vowed never to use that airport again.

I feel the same about Phuket and its a brand new terminal.

Archived