Thailand Best Country to Start a Business in the World!

snoop1130

19 hours ago, sweatalot said:

Thailand was awarded the best country to start a business in 2017

I would have never expected that

It's fake news , a direct link to the US news site shows this : 

Open a business :

OVERALL RANK #13 OVERALL SCORE 7.5
ATTRIBUTES SCORE
Corrupt 3.4
Favorable tax environment 1.5
Bureaucratic 0.9
Transparent government practices 0.3
Cheap manufacturing costs 9.9

8 minutes ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

Has the author owned and operated a business in Thailand? I very much doubt it otherwise they wouldn't pen such a misleading and misinformed article. 

I have owned several and my only advice to anyone would be thus:

Don't. 

:jap:

Or proceed with caution and intelligence. Need a little luck and skill - right place, right situation, all planets aligned, etc. 

I've always found it odd, to the point of disturbing, that such subject matter can be broached vacant of experience, exposure, and real perspective.

Akin to a historic interpretation/position that doesn't exist, yet promoted as if it does.

29 minutes ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

The main factor is Thai involvement.

If you don't have them involved you will have a greater chance to succeed.

Get them involved in any capacity; supplying goods, managing others, planning, on the board etc. you will have a very high chance of failure. 

Sound and sane.

Absolute BS takes ages to setup a business here and loads of red tape. Netherlands took me 30 minutes to setup a company and open a bank account. Same in Singapore

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Having been involved in setting up 100% foreign owned businesses in 9 countries in Europe, Asia and Middle East, I would not rank Thailand number 1 for new start ups,  It's not the worst (That's anywhere in the Middle East, Australia and China), but for Thailand the limited foreign language skills, significant restrictions on foreign workers, restricted professions, lengthy visa and work permit processes, poor internet speeds, terrible traffic and two international airports in Bangkok that make international travel excessively time-consuming - I would rank Thailand well below Singapore.

In Singapore you could set up a business within 2-3 weeks using on-line Government forms.  Overall I would rate New Zealand as No 1 and Singapore as No 2.  Thailand would still be in the top 20, just not in the top 3.

On 8/8/2017 at 6:17 PM, Ralf61 said:

Hm, "best country to start a business" looks somewhat different:

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-countries/thailand

From Google: "US News is a recognized leader in college, grad school, hospital, mutual fund, and car rankings.", meaning they are 'experts' in international investment and business start-ups! :partytime2:

4 hours ago, JohnLick said:

It's not Thai oriented pool so I assume they made a mistake and it should be 

#1 Best Country to Start a Business AND immediately lose 51% of it

I was about to say...

I could not agree more with the survey.

Some people made 1 million dollars in Thailand.

They started with 5 million.

On 8/8/2017 at 6:02 PM, snoop1130 said:

Thailand also ranks overall at 26th for best countries of the world.

What an extraordinary statement to throw into a press release without any supporting or clarifying information.

Journalism in its most sensational hyperbolic mode.

Why let a few facts spoil a good story?

To a traditional US audience - if you know your American history - the outlandish claim might have some justification.

No rule of law here. The things that count are 1 how much money you have access to, 2 An intimate, jolly relationship with those who wield power and dispense privilege, 3 access to weaponry linked with an understanding of coercion (an extension to a businessman's skillset closely related to 1 and 2).

Research comparisons with the Wild West or tales of imperialist adventures still justified by "Manifest Destiny". A ruthless, racist-based principle to pander to greed.

The comparisons with modern Thailand abound.

Many US corporate monoliths would get sentimental about "the good old days" and recognise the lack of morality and nintegrity that makes business in contemporary Thailand so unashamedly free-wheeling.

On 9.8.2017 at 9:30 PM, lkv said:

I was about to say...

I could not agree more with the survey.

Some people made 1 million dollars in Thailand.

They started with 5 million.

How to leave Thailand with a small fortune

Arrive wit a big fortune - just like in Las Vegas

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/8/2017 at 11:03 PM, Dave67 said:

The 4th place for the Best Countries for Adventure
The 6th place for the Best Countries for Movers
The 7th place for the Best Countries for Heritage
The 8th place for the Best Countries to Travel Alone

They've left a few out

The 1st place for the Best Countries to die in a car crash 

The 2nd place for the Best drowning

The 3rd place for the Best Junta

You forgot:
The 3rd best place to commit suicide

On 8/8/2017 at 8:03 PM, bill014 said:

Having followed the link from Ralf 61, it never fails to amaze me how the Thai press corrupt, distort and false report anything that may be detrimental to the image of Thailand. Is Big brother censoring them, I wonder???

Perhaps that's a big contributor as to why the thais think they are number one and the rest of the world thinks they are number 100

Archived