good school for autistic children

This is a very interesting topic that i have got to know a few very skilled autistic teachers who lived locally in Bangkok. Dr Kwan owns little sprouts in Thong Lor she does a lot of work in organising film festivals on Autism. Care centre of Autism related orders run by sarah nieoff is another one.Stay away from the ones that charge a fortune but treat the kids like an oliver twist movie like the vie(village int.edu), reed inst. and atop

My grandson is on the spectrum and we're extremely happy with a private school in Pak Nam (Samut Prakan), Sarasas Witaed Samut Prakan School, at which he's currently attending Anubaan 1 (he's 4).  Thaivisa will not let me put in a link to the school's Facebook page, which has better information than their website (http://www.sws.ac.th/), but if you're interested, PM me and I'll give you the info.

The school is not specifically geared to autistic children, but they do accept many, due to the school's relationship with and proximity to the hospital in Samut Prakan which specializes in autism, where my grandson attended a serious of courses at age 3 prior to entering the school.  They're very sensitive to the needs of children on the spectrum at the school, and overall, they seem to have a very comprehensive program and great teachers.

All that said, you would really need to live either in Samut Prakan or the adjoining parts of Bangkok to make it feasible to have your child attend, due to traffic, etc..  Also, while they do teach English (and even a little Mandarin Chinese!) to the children, the primary language of instruction is Thai, so your child would definitely need to be Thai language-dominant to attend.

Archived