BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
cutethaigirl

Pedestrian Crossing All Over....

Be that as it may, super spiffy illuminated crosswalks, guard rails, and crossing lights will certainly improve the quality of roadkill. The targets now in defined well lit areas and escape could require vaulting!

I really like the super spiffy illuminated crosswalks....I think the countdown clock is also an interesting addition, too.

Great to see the city doing something to make crossing the street maybe a little safer and less traumatic for some...fingers crossed

A much needed intersection control light system was installed at the I/S of Mae Rim Road and Highway 121, 6 kilometers north of Super Highway, to be knocked down, literally, three or four days after installation.

A month later it has been re-installed and life is a lot safer. It is not a pedestrial intensive intersection, but sure makes a turn there a lot safer for those who follow the traffic laws. I haven't seen any violations as yet, but the dearly departed light control pole might disagree!

I would hazard a guess that the two souls who departed this life there the other week might disagree also.You can see the two sites of mini sandcastles and little flags on the left hand in the Fang direction.