Deputy Governor Blames HIV Infections On Gay TV Characters

snoop1130

Deputy Governor Blames HIV Infections On Gay TV Characters

By Chayanit Itthipongmaetee, Staff Reporter

THAWEESAK1-696x522.jpg

Thaweesak Lertprapan in an undated photo. Photo: Matichon

BANGKOK — A deputy Bangkok governor is under fire for suggesting that more young men are becoming infected with HIV because there are more gay characters on television.

After Thaweesak Lertprapan said HIV infections in young men were rising – itself a dubious claim – because they are imitating gay television characters, members of the LGBT community criticized him for making an ignorant and unfounded claim based on stereotypes.

Full Story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/bangkok/2017/08/11/deputy-governor-blames-hiv-infections-gay-tv-characters/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2017-8-11

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I certainly support gay rights,equal rights, but unfortunately that has morphed into the promotion of homsexuality in children. Not only is my little 11 year being told how great male male relationships are, he's been informed that hiv is no big deal and can be controlled. All this by his gay male teachers. In efforts to help hiv victims be accepted, the schools have downplayed the seriousNess of the disease. I would not tell my child that getting a venereal disease is ok, so I also would not tell him getting hiv is ok. I accept that he might smoke/drink /do drugs when he is 18, but I would not promote it to him as a youth so that he feels accepted when he has made that choice. The promotion of homsexuality to children and society has gone too far. 

3 minutes ago, TVGerry said:

Blaming gay people for HIV is so 80s. Which if you think about it is right for Thailand since this country seems 30 years or so behind everyone else.

If you look at the statistics 80 percent of hiv is contracted by gays. The teachers really need to stop telling young boys that getting hiv is no problem, because you can take drugs and live a full life. Considering the increase in hiv infection in Thailand and the hundreds of young boys that contract it every year, the only one with head in the sand and behind the times is you. 

16 minutes ago, Travill said:

Saw a documentary on youtube about hiv had started or originated from vacine for polio

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Lots of really stupid stuff on  youtube.

I started with eating infected monkeys. 

they have shown it was not from a vaccine, monkeys were not used in their production, they suspect it started around 1920 from infected monkey blood cross infecting a human and eventually spread through out the world 

47 minutes ago, Travill said:

yes from eating monkey I had always heard,
but in this film they say it came from using monkey as for testing this polio vacine. they the scientist got this extra virus from the the monkey as a bonus or hiden passenger with the polio vacine.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Nope.

https://www.historyofvaccines.org/content/articles/debunked-polio-vaccine-and-hiv-link

11 hours ago, greenchair said:

I certainly support gay rights,equal rights, but unfortunately that has morphed into the promotion of homsexuality in children. Not only is my little 11 year being told how great male male relationships are, he's been informed that hiv is no big deal and can be controlled. All this by his gay male teachers. In efforts to help hiv victims be accepted, the schools have downplayed the seriousNess of the disease. I would not tell my child that getting a venereal disease is ok, so I also would not tell him getting hiv is ok. I accept that he might smoke/drink /do drugs when he is 18, but I would not promote it to him as a youth so that he feels accepted when he has made that choice. The promotion of homsexuality to children and society has gone too far. 

Oh, please....

13 hours ago, Travill said:

Saw a documentary on youtube about hiv had started or originated from vacine for polio

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

If it was on youtube, it must be true. 

Archived