Communithai Magazine

sceadugenga

I usually say 'contact the magazine' because I've had emails and web addresses

erased from my posts before an I'm not sure it won't happen again.

I'm hoping anyone with any feedback at all will pick up the mag and look at the

contact info. All the email comes to me. So do the phone calls.

The reason that email and web addresses have been deleted from your posts is because they're not permitted by forum rules. If people want to contact you on Thaivisa they should use the Private Message (PM) facility.

• 1 month later...
whats the rate for a 1 full page color ad?

cheers

bf

Email him through the website Buddha.

Don't bother the bloke has done a runner with other people's money!

"Kon KRU" - that smaks of slander and libel. Amazing to me that this kind of thing seems to be allowed on this forum. Yes, there is an unpaid bill at the printer (no, not good), and a couple places paid for ads for a magazine I - at least - have not seen yet... but I have been informed that a new issue is out. I do not know who is distributing it, or where, or why people prefer to be so negative about something free which does not diminish things for them in any way and might even add something to their lives... but I certainly hope moderators will put a stop to illegal messages here.

cheers

bf

"Kon KRU" - that smaks of slander and libel. Amazing to me that this kind of thing seems to be allowed on this forum. Yes, there is an unpaid bill at the printer (no, not good), and a couple places paid for ads for a magazine I - at least - have not seen yet... but I have been informed that a new issue is out. I do not know who is distributing it, or where, or why people prefer to be so negative about something free which does not diminish things for them in any way and might even add something to their lives... but I certainly hope moderators will put a stop to illegal messages here.

I hope you're right about the magazine Joel, you're certainly right about certain forum members who 's contribution is usually negative.

Information is that the new CR magazine is available at Silver's Bed and Breakfast - advertised in the old magazines (near Ban Du I think, but am not sure).

The magazine wants/needs a new manager (willing to work for small pay) - but I fear the work would be great and the frustrations large!

Hello all,

Yes, I believe Silver has the magazines today and a couple of good friends are helping with distribution. Northstar B&B #1 is just over the bridge (your first real left) on the way to Bandu, but still basically in town.

I've sent a message to KonKru to clear up his comment - let's see if he responds.

Thanks for your support, Joel. Although you are not as handsome as myself, you have some great qualities....

Yes, the mag needs a manager. Someone stable and reliable and likes the idea of the job. They would basically be someone good at dealing with Thai culture and work style able to manage the monthly distribution and follow up on sales. Probably someone married to a Thai person and living in this area and planning to die here. Hopefully not soon - the death part.

Hello all,

Yes, I believe Silver has the magazines today and a couple of good friends are helping with distribution. Northstar B&B #1 is just over the bridge (your first real left) on the way to Bandu, but still basically in town.

Would this be the 1/2 Jan/Feb issue promised in mid Jan or

the almost finished month of Mar/April issue or

the missing Oct issue.

Ozark, you had a good idea in the beginning, but you never followed though like promised.

Originally you promised your advertisers 5000 issues monthly. 3000 for here, 1000 for CM, and a 1000 in Patters. If this was ever followed through, and i had a business, i would of halve thought

of using u. Everyone (not all) here is defending you here, but excuse me, i have to call foul.

Yes, the mag needs a manager. Someone stable and reliable and likes the idea of the job. They would basically be someone good at dealing with Thai culture and work style able to manage the monthly distribution and follow up on sales. Probably someone married to a Thai person and living in this area and planning to die here. Hopefully not soon - the death part.

Why would anyone take over your mag as manager?? Anyone can start there own, just as you

did, and don't have to carry the baggage. I don't think anyone will because of the history of Communithai. Sorry, but some things have to be said to set the record straight. :o

Edited by Jai Dee
quote limits corrected for clarity

Mumbo,

From an online dictionary:

================

mum·bo jum·bo or mum·bo-jum·bo (mum'bo-jum'bo) pronunciation

n., pl. -bos or -bos.

1. Unintelligible or incomprehensible language; gibberish.

2. Language or ritualistic activity intended to confuse.

================

You'd like to be able to set the record straight, but

you're living up to your name instead.

As for the moderators of this thread:

Why don't you have any rules against slander? This person is able to say that

5,000 copies were never printed when in fact they were and he didn't even contact the printers to find out. As I've said before, this forum is not taken seriously by anyone I know, but you should try to maintain some level of integrity. Any level. Erasing emails and URL's doesn't really count.

You have to understand that hosting a thread doesn't only mean covering your butt legally.

There is a social responsibility you have here whether you are aware of it or not.

When I originally saw the destructive and cynical element run free on this forum, I spoke with everyone in town (CR) I knew about TV. The consensus was that no one really takes it seriously and that people with too much time on their hands sit and chit chat/jibber jabber all day because they have nothing else to do. Looking at CR TV, more carefully, I found this to be basically true and stopped any real involvement and interest using the forum as a real community service. But, as I admitted to Limbo, none of us know how tough it is to run a forum unless we've done it ourselves.

When it comes to community, most people have good intentions but are quite naive about what the dynamics are. With most people as idle lemmings, their right hand holding the remote and left hand holding a beer, a destructive element need not be large to be successful. It only takes a few wackos with a box cutter to take down a sky scraper, or a few more to retaliate against the wrong target and kill and maim hundreds of thousands. It just requires the rest of us to do nothing.

Where am I going with this? The moderators of this thread have the responsibility to be aware of destructive lies and slander on their site. If you provide a means of public discourse you are automatically a case for constructive influences or destructive ones. I am sure someone at TV is aware of this - at least they should be.

Mumbo: The new magazine is out now. You should pay for your copy. You don't deserve a free one. And no pudding!

Edited by MrOzark

Mumbo,

Why don't you have any rules against slander?

I am being slandered in this post

This person is able to say that

5,000 copies were never printed when in fact they were and he didn't even contact the printers to find out.

Read my post. I did not say 5000 copies were not printed, i just questioned whether 1k went to Cm

and Patters, and how am i supposed to contact the printers??? Give me name of shop.

When it comes to community, most people have good intentions but are quite naive about what the dynamics are. With most people as idle lemmings, their right hand holding the remote and left hand holding a beer

How did you know??

Where am I going with this? The moderators of this thread have the responsibility to be aware of destructive lies and slander on their site.

And keep false advertising off.

Mumbo: The new magazine is out now. You should pay for your copy. You don't deserve a free one. And no pudding!

Great, just tell me where i can get one, and how much.

Hi Mumbo,

I'm working on posting the locations where to get the mag on its site.

I will finish that and post it sometime tomorrow. If you don't see it

on the site by midnight, you get one free slander card and can slander

the website for exactly one post. It actually may deserve a bit of slandering as

long as its taking to get it fully functional.

When you go to pick up the mag and pay for it, which will you put down:

the remote or the beer?

Happy reading.

- MrOzark

cheers

bf

My apology as he actually came back, which still does not explain where the issues of

January and February are. On top of it is the new issue now not for free.

5,000 copies were never printed when in fact they were and he didn't even contact the printers to find out. As I've said before, this forum is not taken seriously by anyone I know, but you should try to maintain some level of integrity. Any level. Erasing emails and URL's doesn't really count.

You have the same rights as any other member posting on the forum... if you feel that a post is slanderous or offensive, please use the Report function that will alert all online moderators of the problem.

Please however, do not use the forum for advertising your own product. The forum rules are quite clear on this matter. Should you wish to become a sponsor of the forum, then your advertising would be permitted on the forum.

If you are interested in sponsoring the forum, please contact sales(at)thaivisa.com.

Jai Dee,

Thanks. You are also Jai Yen yen. I came down pretty hard on you guys.

I appreciate the work you're doing. Wasn't aware I could report people (maybe I read the rules too fast).

I hope you know my intention is not to use the forum for advertising the magazine.

If you have advice about how to curb things, couch things or otherwise say things

correctly so I'm not taking advantage, please let me know.

As soon as things calm down with misinformation about what's happening (only the destructive posts), then I'll not be so present about this topic. Thanks again.

You have the same rights as any other member posting on the forum... if you feel that a post is slanderous or offensive, please use the Report function that will alert all online moderators of the problem.

Please however, do not use the forum for advertising your own product. The forum rules are quite clear on this matter. Should you wish to become a sponsor of the forum, then your advertising would be permitted on the forum.

If you are interested in sponsoring the forum, please contact sales(at)thaivisa.com.

as per the slander thing - you can't slander a psudonym (though we know who you are...)

You can slander a public institution (as one bookstore owner who advertises here has slandered another who

does not...)

That posters hiding behind psudonmys can flame each other is a time-honored part of this kind of "institution" and certainly not to be expected to stop. I merely consider it annoying when people accuse me of perjury (for excerpting from internet sources for my article on Drugs and Cultural Survival in the Golden Triangle - which does contain first-hand accounts...).

As Mr Ozark kind of pointed out, opinions presented here aren't usually taken very seriously (and why oh why, when a 'popular' - in terms of respondant #s - recent posting seems to be about what to do with 3 "entertainers" while cruising about up here...).

Still, whether Thai laws are printed on toilet paper or not (MumboJumbo), it may be wise to take the fact that they can be enforced at least somewhat seriously.