Find these brazen bikini blaggers - Krabi police hunt foreign women thieves

webfact

I keep hearing stories of Thai theives. Maybe I am lucky. I find Thais to be very honest. I am over 50, ok ok over 60 and tend to be absent minded on so many occasions but usually a Thai person will come up and give me what I forgot, be it a shopping bag, backpack, umbrella or hat. Just the other day a cashier at lotus pointed out I dropped a ฿20 bill, I gave it to him as a reward and he refused it 2 times. That would seldom occur in the US 

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

after beeing in business in thailand for more than 5 years

my experience says USA most likely

also for <deleted>**g in public, bar brawls,breaking bottles sneeking away without pay, mostly USA

never met an east european doing this( even russians do not steal in my place)

19 hours ago, RikDao said:

Hey! What about the US? We want to be on the list! 

But actually, there are four of them, right? I say they're from Moldonegro, Crobaijan, Montezakhstan, and...

A CANADIAN just got caught stealing nail polish so these might be her sisters???

20 hours ago, Tchooptip said:

As you said they "could"

but they could also  be from the following countries :whistling: :Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, and last United Kingdom (too yes)

but to be honest, I am not sure 100%, I have still 2/3 others in mind but less likely:crazy:

Hey mate you missed Australia :cowboy:

22 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

He clearly stated 'they look like'...  thus, its quite obvious that in Xonax's opinion, he thinks they look as if they 'could' originate from Eastern Europe, possibly Russia... Its not a conclusion its an opinion on a web-forum on which many opinions are expressed... and sometimes shot down by someone being critical and offering nothing of benefit whatsoever to the discussion / topic. 

Back on Topic - I think they look as if they could be from the UK.

I'd hazard a guess and suggest that far more has been stollen by locals, but that wouldn't make a decent enough Facebook rant or reach the news.

It's a shame this is happening as some here in Thailand love nothing more than to revel in some xenophobic criticism,

Fortunately the majority of Thai's are smart enough to judge us each based on our own individual merit, I hope this doesn't change and we become tarred by the same brush as these thieving miscreants.

It simply adds to the Thai mindset that many foreigners are the dregs of their societies and should not be allowed in Thailand. I just ran into an old acquaintance and as we were discussing some of the old drinking buddies I noted that several of them were dead, but even more quizzical, several more were in jail.

On 8/14/2017 at 3:24 PM, Tchooptip said:

As you said they "could"

but they could also  be from the following countries :whistling: :Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, and last United Kingdom (too yes)

but to be honest, I am not sure 100%, I have still 2/3 others in mind but less likely:crazy:

5 hours ago, biplanebluey said:

I am sorely disappointed -----none of my new Zealand countrymen(or should I say country women) are on your list.But hey I suppose that's because we are considered---rightly so--- To be honest righteous citizens

The Kiwis I've met in Thailand are exactly that! "Outrageous Fortune" can't have anything to do with reality. I imagine New Zealand to be more like "The Brokenwood Mysteries"...

22 hours ago, Grumpy Duck said:

555555 when I enter my local Tesco Lotus or 7/11 all the staff run the other way.

Actually to be honest I have found staff at all the stores to be helpful & polite. As helpful as they can when I don't speak Thai, but usually they do understand or find someone that does understand

Yes, many are very helpful. Maybe I jave misconstrued and they are just hanginf aroind, hoping to be of service..?

On 8/14/2017 at 3:56 PM, RikDao said:

Hey! What about the US? We want to be on the list! 

But actually, there are four of them, right? I say they're from Moldonegro, Crobaijan, Montezakhstan, and...

I believe the correct spelling is Montezakastan ... there's an "a" after the "k" .... IMHO they look like they are from luxzambing or maybe even Shesacuntland

6 hours ago, Bill Miller said:

Yes, many are very helpful. Maybe I jave misconstrued and they are just hanginf aroind, hoping to be of service..?

I remember shopping with a viet friend in a Korean market in little saigon Calif a mexican security guard followed me everywhere I went, and was obvious about it. Any asian shoplifters were having a field day :partytime2: your feelings could be justified. I spend a lot at that store, and even though I often forget to place items on counter for checkout, I don't place them in pockets, I will often hold something in an armpit. 

Archived