BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thaibeachlovers

Never been to Issan. Is there anything really worth seeing there?

1 hour ago, tonray said:

If you wait about 3 years you can ride the sky train in Khon Kaen 

If you mean the raised railway passing through KK, that's not a skytrain.

If you mean the planned tramway from South to North, well, that's not a skytrain either

17 minutes ago, hansnl said:

If you mean the raised railway passing through KK, that's not a skytrain.

If you mean the planned tramway from South to North, well, that's not a skytrain either

I think the skytrain is in Bangkok   :shock1:

1 hour ago, Jip99 said:

Except that a significant amount have relocated to Pattaya..... might as well meet them there. ?

Except for the added cost in many instances? :whistling:

Only us cowboys up here!

No absolutely no reason for you to come up here to Isaarn, you stay in ' real Thailand ' such as Nana plaza and Patpong or the exotic Pattaya!

You would only be bored with us up here in the sticks!

Given your question some thought.  I have lived in Isaan  for many years and am very happy where l live. Driven around a bit and  done all the wow Temples and other stuff. But would I have liked to have come here to travel around, no. Would  I talk family or friends from back home to come here, no. Reckon the would be bored.

Isaan is very flat and it is just mile after mile of the same stuff until you get to borders,  like Lao where the flatness ends.

Sure there are a few festivals worth seeing but then that is just a day out.

Ubon  Candle festival is a wow, when you see it it is way different to the thought of a few candles, most candles are as big as an articulated truck with candle sculptures that are truly amazing..

I think if you have been around the world a bit then Isaan maybe a disappointment. There isn't one place in Isaan that l would visit again..But don't get me wrong, I love where I live..:stoner:

A good place to live, but a very boring place to travel to - especially if someone doesn't have a car.

I live in Isan and I like it very much. Take a look at Khao Yai Nationalpark, stay there in one of the 1000 hotels for a week and explore the area east and west of highway 2, drive to Wang Nam Khiao and Pak Thong Chai. Not flat at all just beautiful. But be prepared of crowded weekends by Thais from BKK.

Nong Khai is another lovely place to spend about one week.

I drive in and out to Jomtien/Pattaya almost daily, everytime I do the trip I see something I hadn't seen before.

For my first 4 years in Thiland I never left Pattaya. I honestly believed the rest of Thailand must be more or less the same........boy....was I wrong.

I have now spent the last 13 years holidaying in about every inch  of this beautiful country (every 6 weeks or so I start off on my next trip).

It really is Amazing.

I have been living in Isaan 13 years and like it well enough , I have a nice home and comfortable life .

I lived in Italy for a number of years before , I am not a good tourist and sight seer , though am a great appreciator of the arts .

I would say NO , there is not a lot to see in Isaan that you cannot see in other places . 

I have not been to Chang Mai and probably will never go .

38 minutes ago, transam said:

Given your question some thought.  I have lived in Isaan  for many years and am very happy where l live. Driven around a bit and  done all the wow Temples and other stuff. But would I have liked to have come here to travel around, no. Would  I talk family or friends from back home to come here, no. Reckon the would be bored.

Isaan is very flat and it is just mile after mile of the same stuff until you get to borders,  like Lao where the flatness ends.

Sure there are a few festivals worth seeing but then that is just a day out.

Ubon  Candle festival is a wow, when you see it it is way different to the thought of a few candles, most candles are as big as an articulated truck with candle sculptures that are truly amazing..

I think if you have been around the world a bit then Isaan maybe a disappointment. There isn't one place in Isaan that l would visit again..But don't get me wrong, I love where I live..:stoner:

I have have always believed the home is where the heart is. Even the most beautiful of landscapes become a bit pointless if you have no one to share them with. Would I live in Buriram if my partner was not there?........ probably not.

It's on your bucket list now judging from what I've read already. :thumbsup:

You have to check out Soi Kola in Surin. Its like you never departed Sin City.:partytime2:

4 hours ago, JLCrab said:

Khon Kaen is notable for 2 famous structures: the first one is a major tourist attraction for Thai tourists and the second, in the photo on the right, well, it's a navigation landmark let's just say.

image.png.702f9ef4199d8622c595f593d2d62099.png

image.png.35c0d23ec62ac7a9f2cff05f961ca35a.png

Great pic!  Taken from the Pullman??