Is There Any Motorbike Clubs In Chiang Rai

mikemars38

Does anyone know of any motorbike clubs in chiang rai, touring or off road.

Yes, the 'Black Rabbits' is one of them. But you have to be invited to wear their colors.

As far as I know only one foreigner had this honor bestowed upon him.

Furthermore there is a club which seems to be affiliated with the 'Rotors' of Chiang Mai.

It's more an easy going club. One of the members is working behind the counters of the Postoffice in town. If you see his bike parked behind the Postoffice (a Virago or a Steed), you could ask at the counter who he is. You might be actually be talking to him in person.

I didn't hear for a long time about the foreigners dominated bikers club the 'Chiang Rai Rangers'. Maybe the owner of CR49 in the Yedyod Road knows more about this. Ask him to bring you in contact with Dutch Ruud.

Good luck!

Limbo :o

Does anyone know of any motorbike clubs in chiang rai, touring or off road.

Yes, the 'Black Rabbits' is one of them. But you have to be invited to wear their colors.

As far as I know only one foreigner had this honor bestowed upon him.

Furthermore there is a club which seems to be affiliated with the 'Rotors' of Chiang Mai.

It's more an easy going club. One of the members is working behind the counters of the Postoffice in town. If you see his bike parked behind the Postoffice (a Virago or a Steed), you could ask at the counter who he is. You might be actually be talking to him in person.

I didn't hear for a long time about the foreigners dominated bikers club the 'Chiang Rai Rangers'. Maybe the owner of CR49 in the Yedyod Road knows more about this. Ask him to bring you in contact with Dutch Ruud.

Good luck!

The guys name at the Post Office is Ball (pronounced Bon) he sits at desk number 1. He used to be part of Rotor but it is a very clicky club and somehow didn't fit.

I tried a while ago to get the club which I am a member of Phayanak started but there was never much interest.

It would be great to have a club here with regular organised weekend rides and would love to hear from anyone like minded. There really are some great rides along country lanes but I'm not oen for off-roading

Drop me a line if you feel like a beer to chast over what we could do

Cheers

Ajarn P :D

I was a member in Chiang Rai Rangers maybe 4-5 years ago. I think it kind of died when the chair(wo)man left for Switzerland. I have not seen or heard anything after that.

But I know ChiangRayGuy was a member too and maybe he knows something. He might not be keen for riding the nearest months but I hope to see him in the saddle again!

I am also interested in weekend tours now and then up here in the province and nearby.

And I don't mind a beer either!

:o:D :D

Oh, it seems that there are alot of gangs in Chiang Rai. In that case I'll start my own and compete for some serious REP! It's going to be called "Goski's Motosay Bonanza" and there will be a 110 CC limit and you have to weigh more than 220 pounds (motorbike excluded).

There used to be more motorcycle clubs in CR but most of their members got killed in the war on drugs. One of their favorite rides was to carry large swords and hack at random people they encountered late at night....if you can believe what was printed in the media.

Chownah

I was a member in Chiang Rai Rangers maybe 4-5 years ago. I think it kind of died when the chair(wo)man left for Switzerland. I have not seen or heard anything after that.

But I know ChiangRayGuy was a member too and maybe he knows something. He might not be keen for riding the nearest months but I hope to see him in the saddle again!

I am also interested in weekend tours now and then up here in the province and nearby.

And I don't mind a beer either!

:o:D:D

Thanks again svenivan, ill keep my eyes open for crg, in the meantime if you hear anything, please give me a nudge.

Oh, it seems that there are alot of gangs in Chiang Rai. In that case I'll start my own and compete for some serious REP! It's going to be called "Goski's Motosay Bonanza" and there will be a 110 CC limit and you have to weigh more than 220 pounds (motorbike excluded).

:o:D

I think this is a sterling idea. I fit the poundage aswell. I will just have to sell my 125cc and buy a new 100cc. I have a tough guy helmut aswell.

:D

:o:D

I think this is a sterling idea. I fit the poundage aswell. I will just have to sell my 125cc and buy a new 100cc. I have a tough guy helmut aswell.

OK all the 'bikers' avec mota-sickle at C1 n the Thoeng Road 3KM (?) east (sorry John) from Mae Korn Junction on the Thoeng Road, Monday 15th 14:00 (two-o-clock in old money)

I'll be there if you will

AjarnP :D:D

Cool picture but it doesn't fit in my gang of heroes on semi automatic steeds! :o

Seriously, I would had been great to attend the gathering but since I'm still in the country at which the weather gods just went: "aaah, we'll skip that", I'm not seeing anything of C1 until the end of jan or even beginning of feb.

I nearly qualify to join as I have a Yamaha Novou but it is 115cc. I would pass the weight test as I am 141 kg-minus the bike and love a cold beer.

Big Gary

I nearly qualify to join as I have a Yamaha Novou but it is 115cc. I would pass the weight test as I am 141 kg-minus the bike and love a cold beer.

Big Gary

I am afriad Big gary that you will not be able to join us. As your frame is perfect it's just that your bike is way too fast and dangerous. And I am not sure if "Goski's Motosay Bonanza" is accepting members with Yamaha or not.

You will have to check with Goski but a trade in on a 100cc or 110cc is definately going to have to happen.

:o

Big Gary

I am afriad Big gary that you will not be able to join us. As your frame is perfect it's just that your bike is way too fast and dangerous. And I am not sure if "Goski's Motosay Bonanza" is accepting members with Yamaha or not.

You will have to check with Goski but a trade in on a 100cc or 110cc is definately going to have to happen.

I am sorry to say, but I think your approach is nit-pickers style In The Rai!

I have to come to the defence of Big Gary.

Why not make it a rule that every five kilo's above the required 220 pounds entitle to one extra cc?

Don't make the club too exclusive!

Knowing Big Gary for about 17 years I can assure you that it would be great to have him in the club. He is a character :D

I hope I can make it this afternoon (2 o'clock at SeaOne aka C1).

If not, please give us a (if possible an illustrated) report.

Keep 'm rolling!

I am sorry to say, but I think your approach is nit-pickers style In The Rai!

I have to come to the defence of Big Gary.

Why not make it a rule that every five kilo's above the required 220 pounds entitle to one extra cc?

Don't make the club too exclusive!

Knowing Big Gary for about 17 years I can assure you that it would be great to have him in the club. He is a character :D

I hope I can make it this afternoon (2 o'clock at SeaOne aka C1).

If not, please give us a (if possible an illustrated) report.

Keep 'm rolling!

Limbo :D

Ok ok maybe I was being a little harsh Big Gary. I am sorry. It's just that we really dont want people with more than 110cc in our club that ride around showing off how fast their powerful bikes are leaving all of us 100cc'ers behind.But if you vouch for big Gary than thats good enough for me.

I like your idea of the extra cc'c for the extra poundage (nice idea).

I guess at the end of the day it is all up to Goski (as the founder of the club)

P.s Goski is it ok to leave my orange safety flag on or do I have to take it off?

ITR :o

Edited by In the Rai!