Phuket boy rescued from lagoon remains unconscious

snoop1130

Phuket boy rescued from lagoon remains unconscious

1502876335_1-org.jpg

PHUKET:-- The young boy rescued from a lagoon and resuscitated back to life at the southern end of Nai Harn Beach on Sunday (Aug 13) is on ventilator support but has yet to regain consciousness, The Phuket News has been told.

The boy, 7-year-old Kietmondej Traiyuang, was unconscious and unresponsive when he was pulled from the water on Sunday, prompting lifeguards to perform CPR until the boy’s pulse returned and he began breathing unassisted, though still unconscious.

“He remains unconscious and is under care at the paediatric ward of Vachira Hospital Phuket,” Nai Harn chief lifeguard Jula Nontree told The Phuket News today (Aug 16).

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-boy-rescued-from-lagoon-remains-unconscious-63482.php#K3tB0bywvdYotEgd.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-8-16

Recently a young girl drowned in a pool in Bali, but a doctor on the scene managed to restore her breathing function. She was airlifted to Australia and kept on life support for some days until it was proven she was brain dead and the machines were turned off.

I recalled this when I read  of this incident and considered some of the calls of a miracle were a little premature.

I sincerely hope the final outcome here is different to the other case.

Archived