Mayweather v McGregor

insiket

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Where have you seen him boxing ?

You mean apart from multiple training bouts when he first started out then a couple of live fights in the states plus the numerous tv fights then not to mention the Dana White videos ummmm let me think ?
[emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Alantct said:

You mean apart from multiple training bouts when he first started out then a couple of live fights in the states plus the numerous tv fights then not to mention the Dana White videos ummmm let me think ?
emoji6.png

Was that Boxing or MMA ?

Two different sports 

Where have you seen him boxing ?
He hasnt had a Boxing fight yet

He boxes in training sessions and has had sparring matches in the gym.
He started off as a boxer in crumlin boxing club. He was a boxer long before he was an mma. I watched him fight way back when he started training in the gym in Dublin and been following him since he was a teen.
Most people have no clue how good a boxer he really is.

Good to know there,s some fight fans out there.and delighted I can watch the fight live.personally I hope Mayweather schools Mac.And I think be does in a boxing match.But McGregor keeps proving me wrong.I,ve been watching some Mayweather fights lately and he,s made some great boxers look like amateurs.Looking forward to it all the same.

Interesting match up I'm not sure who will take it but I fancy mcgregor to spark him out as this lad can take a hell of beating and I'm not sure moneybags can.

I don,t know about Mac been able to take a beating.Look at the first Diaz fight.a jab-cross on the jaw and the fight went outa MacG

3 hours ago, Alantct said:

He boxes in training sessions and has had sparring matches in the gym.
He started off as a boxer in crumlin boxing club. He was a boxer long before he was an mma. I watched him fight way back when he started training in the gym in Dublin and been following him since he was a teen.
Most people have no clue how good a boxer he really is.

Did you honestly watch him train as a teen, or did you get that info from his Wiki page ?

Good to know there,s some fight fans out there.and delighted I can watch the fight live.personally I hope Mayweather schools Mac.And I think be does in a boxing match.But McGregor keeps proving me wrong.I,ve been watching some Mayweather fights lately and he,s made some great boxers look like amateurs.Looking forward to it all the same.

Mayweather is a dancer and a runner, he is no fighter [emoji23][emoji23]
McGregor is gonna destroy him

Did you honestly watch him train as a teen, or did you get that info from his Wiki page ?

Watched him train,
Also played snooker with Ken Doherty when he was a rookie and jimmy white when he came to Goffs to play the Irish competitions.

Drank with Alex Higgins and George Best too.

Been loads more but don't want to brag [emoji23]
It's been a fun life so far.

We,ll see about that.He,s one of the greatest defensive fighters going.McG will gas out trying to hit him in my opinion.(Punching air is more tiring than anything else for a boxer)when he gets tired mayweather will turn it on.

We,ll see about that.He,s one of the greatest defensive fighters going.McG will gas out trying to hit him in my opinion.(Punching air is more tiring than anything else for a boxer)when he gets tired mayweather will turn it on.

You honestly think that McGregor the younger, fitter, faster, stronger athlete with a longer reach will "gas out" trying to hit him?

Mma is far more physical and demanding then boxing

[emoji23][emoji23]

I am glad to hear Alantct thinks McGregor has a chance. I hate Mayweather, but cant see him losing this huge payday fight. He will just duck and weave and grab, and pick off McGregor for the points.  As others have said, he may even 'do an Ali' and when McGregor is completely stuffed from throwing punches, he might just take him out. 12 rounds is a long way - UFC/MMA only ever go 5 rounds.

If the Ref stops Mayweather holding, then McGregor might 'catch' him and knock the <deleted> out of the ahole. And if it goes the distance and the Judges do their job and reward aggression and not 'defensive skills', then he could win on points. But I think both scenarios are very unlikely. It is a long way from UFC/MMA to World Class Boxing - and it is all uphill.  

Heart says McGregor, but head says Mayweather will beat him at his game. What I would like to see is a UFC/MMA match between them - but Mayweather will never agree.

You honestly think that McGregor the younger, fitter, faster, stronger athlete with a longer reach will "gas out" trying to hit him?
Mma is far more physical and demanding then boxing
[emoji23][emoji23]

I agree mma is far more demanding than boxing.However,most of McG wins are in the 1st or second round.In the first Diaz fight McG went looking for a KO and gassed out after 7-8 minutes(at least 90% or more of that fight was boxing)

McG tried to outbox Diaz and got beaten.
Diaz is nowhere near as good a boxer a Mayw.
McG is younger and stronger but he,s not fitter or faster.
Mayw can go 12 rounds without breathing heavy (even at 40 I would think)and his hand speed,head movement,footwork and ring savvy are the reason he,s unbeaten.

If McG doesn,t land the bomb in the first 3-4 rounds then he,s in for a long night.

I agree mma is far more demanding than boxing.However,most of McG wins are in the 1st or second round.In the first Diaz fight McG went looking for a KO and gassed out after 7-8 minutes(at least 90% or more of that fight was boxing)

McG tried to outbox Diaz and got beaten.
Diaz is nowhere near as good a boxer a Mayw.
McG is younger and stronger but he,s not fitter or faster.
Mayw can go 12 rounds without breathing heavy (even at 40 I would think)and his hand speed,head movement,footwork and ring savvy are the reason he,s unbeaten.

If McG doesn,t land the bomb in the first 3-4 rounds then he,s in for a long night.

And all of this uncertainty is why it's going to be a very interesting fight to watch.

I could honestly see either of them stopping it within the first 3 rounds. But I could also see them going the distance.

I can't wait.

Archived