Mayweather v McGregor

insiket

And all of this uncertainty is why it's going to be a very interesting fight to watch.

I could honestly see either of them stopping it within the first 3 rounds. But I could also see them going the distance.

I can't wait.

Well looking forward to it now,whatever the outcome

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree mma is far more demanding than boxing.However,most of McG wins are in the 1st or second round.In the first Diaz fight McG went looking for a KO and gassed out after 7-8 minutes(at least 90% or more of that fight was boxing)

McG tried to outbox Diaz and got beaten.
Diaz is nowhere near as good a boxer a Mayw.
McG is younger and stronger but he,s not fitter or faster.
Mayw can go 12 rounds without breathing heavy (even at 40 I would think)and his hand speed,head movement,footwork and ring savvy are the reason he,s unbeaten.

If McG doesn,t land the bomb in the first 3-4 rounds then he,s in for a long night.

Mayweather can go 12 rounds because he doesn't do anything but hide [emoji13]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just been announced that the fighters are getting 8oz gloves. That leaves mayweather less to hide behind as he dances around for 12 rounds [emoji4]
McGregor is going to kill him. The gloves are getting smaller which suits McGregor big time.

Ahh come on.He,s beaten the best boxers of his era convincingly.He,s beaten more world title holders than any other boxer.pound for pound best.compubox most accurate puncher ever.the list goes on and on.

He won't be prepared for what McGregor can do or how he can do it [emoji6]

Ahh come on.He,s beaten the best boxers of his era convincingly.He,s beaten more world title holders than any other boxer.pound for pound best.compubox most accurate puncher ever.the list goes on and on.

Which would be great for Mayweather if this was a boxing match.

Conor has fights. This will be a fight.

Just been announced that the fighters are getting 8oz gloves. That leaves mayweather less to hide behind as he dances around for 12 rounds [emoji4]
McGregor is going to kill him. The gloves are getting smaller which suits McGregor big time.

Mayweather has spent most of his career using 8oz gloves.

2 hours ago, Alantct said:

You honestly think that McGregor the younger, fitter, faster, stronger athlete with a longer reach will "gas out" trying to hit him?

Mma is far more physical and demanding then boxing

They are different sports though .

Mayweather will have the referee all over any rough/tough tactics that McG would like to employ.
It,s boxing..not mma

Has McG done this before or is this just your humble opinion?

It's the opinion of Dana white and many others and all you need to do is watch McGregors punching style to see that Mayweather won't be ready for the diversity

Its boxing not mma.
The ref will be all over McG if theres any rough housing.
In fact keeping it within the rules could be a problem for McG

Its boxing not mma.
The ref will be all over McG if theres any rough housing.
In fact keeping it within the rules could be a problem for McG

It may be boxing but it's still a fight. McGregor is a fighter Mayweather is a runner [emoji4]

Mayweather will have the referee all over any rough/tough tactics that McG would like to employ.
It,s boxing..not mma

I don't mean Conor is going to throw elbows and knees. You can have a real fight and stay within the rules of boxing. I'm not expecting this to be a regular boxing match.

Having seen Conor's amazing understanding of fighting and what to do against every single opponent he's faced, I'm looking forward to this fight and I hope Conor destroys Mayweather.

I don't mean Conor is going to throw elbows and knees. You can have a real fight and stay within the rules of boxing. I'm not expecting this to be a regular boxing match.

Having seen Conor's amazing understanding of fighting and what to do against every single opponent he's faced, I'm looking forward to this fight and I hope Conor destroys Mayweather.

Yes I have seen all his fights.I also tend to study them.I agree he,s a great mma fighter.
But boxing is a different game.
And I don,t think he can beat the greatest boxer of the present time.

Yes I have seen all his fights.I also tend to study them.I agree he,s a great mma fighter.
But boxing is a different game.
And I don,t think he can beat the greatest boxer of the present time.

Me too but somebody's 0 has got to go!! [emoji3]

And we have no previous boxing matches to judge Conor on.

But for Conor's ability to know what to do against every opponent, I've got a bet on him.

And watching all of their pressers Conor has already rattled Floyd which is a huge advantage.

6 minutes ago, KunMatt said:

And watching all of their pressers Conor has already rattled Floyd which is a huge advantage.

You must realise that those pressers are scripted and staged and its all about promotion. . And they fly together in a private jet from one presser to the next.

Its not real emotions, its akin to Laural & Hardy

You must realise that those pressers are scripted and staged and its all about promotion. . And they fly together in a private jet from one presser to the next.

Its not real emotions, its akin to Laural & Hardy

Oh right. So they're not really going to punch each other in the face later? So when they stand face to face and I gauge Floyd's reaction it means nothing??

I bet you are wrong.

I remember when Ricky Hatton was the great white hope. He ended up getting knocked out by two better boxers and that ended his career. I don't like to watch Mayweather fight because he is purely defensive and his dancing around the ring is not very exciting. At 40 years old, he may have lost some of his speed but I wouldn't bet on it. I'd really like to see McGregor catch him with a good punch but it's not likely. McGregor has the power but he has to catch Mayweather for it to be of any use.

I remember when Ricky Hatton was the great white hope. He ended up getting knocked out by two better boxers and that ended his career. I don't like to watch Mayweather fight because he is purely defensive and his dancing around the ring is not very exciting. At 40 years old, he may have lost some of his speed but I wouldn't bet on it. I'd really like to see McGregor catch him with a good punch but it's not likely. McGregor has the power but he has to catch Mayweather for it to be of any use.

McGregor is fast as lightning, catching him won't be a problem [emoji4]

One of the greatest boxers in history has nothing to worry about in Mcgregor. He will evade clinches and hos superior hand speed and footwork will make mincemeat out of Conor soon enough. Prediction....stopped by TKO in 9. Mayweather all the way.

They both will make a ton of money and some say it will only be a scripted show. I doubt that because they both have huge egos and both will be trying to win. I predict an interesting contest. Hopefully it won't go the distance.

Archived