BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

Sharp rise in the number of Brits dying in Thailand, according to official stats

Not enough suicides. I think many of the suicides were classed in the unknown category. And hardly any murders?

Expect more jumpers when BREXIT really starts to bite. A lot of older Brits seem to die of boredom, alcoholism, and obesity related diseases exacerbated by the heat.  The 'It's too hot to exercise, or well.......do anything useful really' syndrome. 

As for the sharp rise in British deaths, it probably reflects that, like me, too many people are seriously sick of government BS, government ineptitude and - more than ever - the dismal prospects of becoming a respected nation again, next year or whenever Prayut feels it is safe for him to shuffle the deck. Theresa and Boris will be dissuading folk from coming here, next!

4 hours ago, webfact said:

[2] ‘Death – Unknown’ means the cause of death is not known

That must be a puzzle for the RTP. They usually settle for suicide.

19 minutes ago, Jeremy50 said:

Expect more jumpers when BREXIT really starts to bite. A lot of older Brits seem to die of boredom, alcoholism, and obesity related diseases exacerbated by the heat.  The 'It's too hot to exercise, or well.......do anything useful really' syndrome. 

I doubt Brexit will have much more impact. Boredom? Alcoholism? Obesity-related diseases? Exercise excuses? Speak for yourself.

3 hours ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

This has been the case for 20+ years now.

Thailand is the most dangerous tourism destination for Britons. It is now the most dangerous tourism destination for Aussies and Swedes too.

According to the foreign office the most dangerous tourism destinations for British are Afghanistan, Bukina Faso, Burundi, Central African Republic, Chad, Democratic Republic of Congo, Iraq, Libya, Mali, Mauritania, Niger.  Thailand is not even in the top 15.

10 minutes ago, Jonmarleesco said:

I doubt Brexit will have much more impact. Boredom? Alcoholism? Obesity-related diseases? Exercise excuses? Speak for yourself.

Why cant he speak of his observations? They are hardly unusual observations, there are lazy fat heavy drinking expats all over Thailand, more so than not I would say.

4 hours ago, les Dennis said:

Why is there so many unknown ?

...the Coroner would make an 'open finding' and so call it 'cause of death unknown' which is grouping all those deaths as a result of 'natural causes' plus those deaths where not enough evidence has been supplied for make a definite finding.

Any inquest can be re-opened at a later date when relevant evidence is produced.

This is the job of the RTP to gather that evidence.

5 hours ago, les Dennis said:

Because the police are clueless!

5 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Should be an interesting thread.................... Popcorn ordered ! :thumbsup:

I got a bucket of beer..come on over..

Just curious.. any idea of the percentage of Brits here compared to other foreigners..

5 hours ago, les Dennis said:

You would think that the FCO at least knows the age of the British nationals. How would they otherwise know that they are British?

Strangely, with foreigner deaths often classified as 'suicide' by Thai police; I don't see many suicides here.