Video: Horrific scenes as 15 year old reverses over couple in pick-up

webfact

Video: Horrific scenes as 15 year old reverses over couple in pick-up

2pm.jpg

Video screenshot

A video posted on Facebook at a Thai country market showed a pick-up reversing at speed over a man and woman crossing the road.

The couple are knocked down the dragged under the wheels of the vehicle.

The poster said the driver was just 15 years old.

Sanook reported the story that featured on the page of Phan Reekuay.

The poster said the incident was from CCTV taken near a market and seemed to happen around 3pm yesterday afternoon.

The man and woman were crossing the road after buying stuff at the market.

According to the poster both survived and were taken to hospital.

Their condition is not known. The area of Kanokngam was mentioned.

Some 300,000 viewed the clip with many condemning the driver and his parents.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-08-17

Warning! The video may be disturbing to some viewers

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The lady in the blue clothes seemed most concerned. The 15 y.o. driver took his time getting out of the cab. Ran right over them and dragged them a few yards and drove over an arm. I wonder what the charges and punishment will be.

Incredible. And what I wonder will be the justification for letting some brainless young kid drive the pickup (other than laziness on behalf of the parents).

I hope the victims recover fully and quickly and seek to absolutely hammer the idiot family for damages

here there was a 12 year old girl that used to drive herself to school, her father bragged about it and posted videos. Nothing happened, police did bugger all, any wonder Thailand is ragged by so many as being backward, when the population totally ignores all the rules/laws and the police refuse to enforce them you get what we have here every day of the week, one huge cesspit of corruption. If the police actually did their jobs and enforced the laws  Thailand wouldnt be such a joke but that will never happen, backhanders and tea money are too much a part of their lives plus they are too lazy to actually do anything physical

1 hour ago, z42 said:

Incredible. And what I wonder will be the justification for letting some brainless young kid drive the pickup (other than laziness on behalf of the parents).

I hope the victims recover fully and quickly and seek to absolutely hammer the idiot family for damages

And some people still wonder why we call Thailand a third world country

Lets bet there are not punishments for the kid driver or his family.

I feel so bad for the couple that got injured.

I see children driving motor bikes a lot out where I live... kids that look no older than 10, with even younger children and toddlers on the back.. none with helmets on... going all over the road.  Nobody does anything, because it seems nobody could give a toss about the children, or anyone else apart from themselves.  

3 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

The lady in the blue clothes seemed most concerned. The 15 y.o. driver took his time getting out of the cab. Ran right over them and dragged them a few yards and drove over an arm. I wonder what the charges and punishment will be.

a slap on the hand, a wai and apology

3 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

Unfortunately.... 500 baht.....The brakes gave out!

36 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

Example of driving  up to international standards?

Today I went to make a Thai driving license and there were at least 2 people who should definitely NOT pass the physical tests.

Firstly a guy who could not see the correct colors on the VERY big traffic light test!

But after about 10 tries he just 'passed' the test, although he was severely colorblind.

Second a girl who could NOT brake in time at the reaction speed brake test, but no problem: passed as well.

I don't condone that 15 year olds should be driving, but many 15 year olds are not worse in driving than most people over here!

(In the US several states allow to start driving (learning) at the age of 14!!)

On any given day, at any given hour in any major town and city around the world, there are kids too young to drive behind the wheel.  Whether it's a filched vehicle, sneaking out with Mom's grocery getter or poor parenting, it's certainly not unique to Thailand.

That's not to defend it.  Just puts some perspective on all the Thai bashing.

Archived