Video: Horrific scenes as 15 year old reverses over couple in pick-up

webfact

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

The lady in the blue clothes seemed most concerned. The 15 y.o. driver took his time getting out of the cab. Ran right over them and dragged them a few yards and drove over an arm. I wonder what the charges and punishment will be.

Quite possibly none. Seriously, it depends on who the parents of the 15 yo are. I have had first hand dealings with local police, namely over theft from my premises. I caught the two culprits. The local police chief only want to accept that the obvious low-lifer of the two could be guilty. The other has parents in the local government. Friends in the crowd gathering around were warning me not to pursue charges, although with photographic evidence it was a clear cut case. I was advised by them to accept a return of the money stolen (from my wallet) and let it go. The inference being that it is a small town, and .... 

4 hours ago, TechnikaIII said:

Quite possibly none. Seriously, it depends on who the parents of the 15 yo are. I have had first hand dealings with local police, namely over theft from my premises. I caught the two culprits. The local police chief only want to accept that the obvious low-lifer of the two could be guilty. The other has parents in the local government. Friends in the crowd gathering around were warning me not to pursue charges, although with photographic evidence it was a clear cut case. I was advised by them to accept a return of the money stolen (from my wallet) and let it go. The inference being that it is a small town, and .... 

and the punks you describe now believe they have immunity

I'm not going to comment on the 15 year old driver as this is just totally...words fail me. I do hope the couple recover but there must have been some serious bone damage. I don't know this market but usually there is at least one 'community' cop local markets to help with traffic. Doesn't seem to be one here as no one in uniform arrives.

13 hours ago, Enoon said:

If I knew how to obscure her face I would post a photo of a 7 year old girl from the village driving a motorcycle with sidecar.

That's completely normal in Koh Lanta / Krabi, even with a policeman monitoring the busy junctions near the schools.

A youth no more than that age with 2 passengers rode out of a side road, unable to control the bike properly, and almost side swiped us had I not reacted instantly. Fortunately I've come to expect it...

I don't see many posts this time from the casual characters who thought the baby on the drivers lap in a previous post was acceptable..

10 hours ago, impulse said:

The Aussie guy may have been, but I don't recall anyone calling his entire country's population "retarded", or Australia a "country of stupid".

Yes ,exactly ,that was my point.

22 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

What the hell is a 15 year old doing driving ANYTHING other than a mototbike???

Anything other than a bicycle it should say, the legal age for a motorcycle license is 16 in Thailand.

That like most other laws is of course completely ignored.If you take mental age into consideration most 20 to 30 year  olds shouldn't be riding any type of motorised vehicle.

The madness on the roads in Thailand is a joke, the amount of unnecessary deaths is astonishing. The Thai government and Thai police are at fault for not bringing in proper laws and enforcing them. No one should be allowed to drive car or motorbike until 16 and have proper training and road awareness along with common sense which lacks significantly. Also what are the parents of the child thinking about allowing them behind the wheel.

It will be interesting to see what happens to this 15-year-old upcountry lad whom unlike young Orachorn from Bangkok probably doesn't share the family name Na Ayudhaya. She crashed her car whilst under age and un-licenced, killed NINE people and got a short suspended sentence, so going by that 'punishment' this lad should get a B500 fine.

We'll see.

On 2017-08-17 at 11:21 AM, trogers said:

And Thailand aims to be a Hub of something. Such events will do well to make Thailand a world renowned Hub...

Yep! The hub of madness. There are many plus with that one. It´s already widespread, no extra education needed and people can get on with their lives and business as usual.

9 hours ago, Nord X said:

It will be interesting to see what happens to this 15-year-old upcountry lad whom unlike young Orachorn from Bangkok probably doesn't share the family name Na Ayudhaya. She crashed her car whilst under age and un-licenced, killed NINE people and got a short suspended sentence, so going by that 'punishment' this lad should get a B500 fine.

We'll see.

Depends .Was he drunk  on Yaba ,or just plain stupid .

... the pick up sets of / moves forward. Then appears again reversing at fast speed. It looks quite an intentional manovre. 

More  will come out regarding this later, let's trust it wasn't intentional, however one senses one more psychological screwed up teen ! 

... the pick up sets of / moves forward. Then appears again reversing at fast speed. It looks quite an intentional manovre. 
More  will come out regarding this later, let's trust it wasn't intentional, however one senses one more psychological screwed up teen ! 

While I do not doubt the moron was backing up intentionally, are you saying he ran the couple down intentionally? I see no evidence of that.

If he ran them down intentionally I would think he would flee the scene.

Archived