Driving myself to cambodia to do Non-o me in/out

Hi.

in a few days (latest) i need to do a in/out. my latest 90days entry on a Non-O M, is near the end.

im currently in patty and would like to drive myself. i have never been to Cambodian border in my life, but my plan was

Plan was

- Drive around 8am from pattaya to Pong nam ron

- Arrive and park near border

- use a fixer or dyi re-enter

- Drive back to patty or find a place to sleep if it gets to late or i am to tired.

remember passport pics and some baht for misc.

Question:

Anything special i need to be aware of with this border exit/entry. Is there any problem using a fixer (im sick currently and rather have someone run around and fix it, if its like 500b or something)

i dont have any USD, is that a problem? should i exchange some first?

It all seem quite simple, thats why i need to ask you guys first... if its to good to be true.... :)

Thanks in advance

Vento

If you are feeling not well, why don't you go on a border run with one of the companies in Pattaya, they do everything for you and you don't have to drive yourself. Total costs (incl Cam visa) 2500+/- THB. A good company with a decent driver (not a wannabe racing driver) is the Sportsman on Soi 13.

Leave around 6-7am and your back around 3pm.

Edit: No I don't work for this company just a happy customer. I used them when I lived in Pattaya and needed to do Border Runs.

• Like 1

But to answers your questions.

No you don't need USD, but when paying in THB it will be a bit more expensive, and you also don't need a fixer, but they are there if you want them (200 THB max I would pay them)

You need a passport photo, else you need to pay extra in Cambodia.

Step by Step

Park your Car (preferred Paid parking)

First you exit Thailand

Enter Cambodia, pay for your Tourist visa (around 1500 THB) then pay a "bribe" that allows you to leave Cambodia immediately (officially you have to stay 1 night in Cambodia) costs around 2-300 THB. Get entry Stamp.

EXIT Cambodia (get exit stamp)

Enter Thailand (don't forget to fill in the TM 6 form and make sure you fill in your Visa number)

• Like 2

park in the pay car park, walk out the entrance near to the toilet, (it changes a bit there as there are major building works for the new immigration office,) stamp out of Thailand walk 10 metres to the small desk, they will do everything 1,900 baht, they will find you if you can not find them.7 to 8 hours from Pattaya will see you home, that's without driving like a racing driver.

ok, thanks.

So the fixers, fix the cambodian side of things, after i stamp out of thailand. after they have done the legwork, i entry back to Thailand.

is that correct? sorry, if this is stupid question, but usually i would never use a fixer service, but this time i plan to do.

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You are married to a Thai you could apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife at immigration.

you mean, that my current 90 days entry, can be extended 60 days more, if i go to emigration office?

23 minutes ago, vento said:

ok, thanks.

So the fixers, fix the cambodian side of things, after i stamp out of thailand. after they have done the legwork, i entry back to Thailand.

is that correct? sorry, if this is stupid question, but usually i would never use a fixer service, but this time i plan to do.

yes you sit there they do all the running around and bring it back to you, in fact other than stamping out of Thailand you never leave Thailand.the Thai immigration is in temp buildings due to the building works.

My information is 3 months old so may have changed, but i don't think so

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, vento said:

you mean, that my current 90 days entry, can be extended 60 days more, if i go to emigration office?

Yes you can.

Your wife will need to be with you when apply.

Marriage certificate plus a copy and copies of your wife's house book registry and ID card.

The will also likely want proof of residence if not living where your wife's house book is for. It can be a rental agreement.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Yes you can.

Your wife will need to be with you when apply.

Marriage certificate plus a copy and copies of your wife's house book registry and ID card.

The will also likely want proof of residence if not living where your wife's house book is for. It can be a rental agreement.

ok thank you. not possible for me this time, but something i can do next time.. very valuable information i didn't know about. thank you.

I get the impression from your OP that you're not actually planning on driving into Cambodia itself, but, if I'm wrong, don't forget that they drive on the right there.

So, if you're a Brit, just do exactly the same as you did when driving off the ferry at Calais!:smile:

I just did a run today. 

Just follow the 33 to the 3446 and turn into the market where you see the 7-11. All the way down and there's a gate where you get a card and go in to park by the busses. 150 ฿.

Was no line leaving LOS. Walk out and cross the street. Very few people in the first building. You fill out a Cambodian TM6 style form. On there they have several choices for the visa. I picked the shortest one. Had a passport photo ready. Gave it, the "TM6", and 1,200 ฿. I believe it's $35 so pretty much the same price. I walked down to the actual passport control and waited in line for 2 minutes. Stamped in and walked across the road to departures. Another 2 minute wait and was stamped out. Cambodia uses fingerprint scanners so it's right fingers/right index, left fingers, left index. Just be polite and the immigration on that side is a joy to work with.

After getting the exit stamp cross the road yet again (yes that's 3 times crossing). I unfortunately got back to immigration on the Thai side at 12:35. A bunch of backpackers with questionable personal hygiene  (some Spanish girls with as much leg hair as me...) had me standing in line for 80 minutes. Luckily I had a big glass of Sprite.

Best advice I can give is to take a pen. I did it all my self as the old lady and her mum went shopping. The less time I spend with them whilst they are doing that the happier I am. Previously I had used a helper; in fact according to his uniform he was a cop. But that was a long time ago. Now the cop just asked what I was doing and made a fist shaking it up and down. I assumed he asked if I was going to gamble (miming shaking dice) rather than self pleasure but I still laughed.

Edited by dave_boo
Spelling & grammar

13 hours ago, dave_boo said:

I just did a run today. 

Just follow the 33 to the 3446 and turn into the market where you see the 7-11. All the way down and there's a gate where you get a card and go in to park by the busses. 150 ฿.

Thank you very much for both relevant and current experience,. Much appriciated.

Ive read everything in the thread a couple of times, seems like, all there is left, is just to go do it myself :)

Thanks

18 hours ago, steve187 said:

yes you sit there they do all the running around and bring it back to you, in fact other than stamping out of Thailand you never leave Thailand.the Thai immigration is in temp buildings due to the building works.

My information is 3 months old so may have changed, but i don't think so

if you are 'stamped out' but still in thailand, you are illegal, right ?

5 minutes ago, YetAnother said:

True. But you are sitting waiting in full view of the Thai immig folks, so the 'runners around' will have made an 'acceptable arrangement' with the Thai officials. You are effectively in no-man's-land without a passport - but only for a short while. That service is mostly used by the visa-run vans, but independent aliens can use it too.

6 hours ago, YetAnother said:

Once you get stamped you have to leave the immigration building.  That means that you're outside Thailand's jurisdiction.  I don't know if they will take umbrage at you 'gaming' the system for not actually be coming from a foreign country though if you use an agent right in sight of the immigration officer.

46 minutes ago, dave_boo said:

Once you get stamped you have to leave the immigration building.  That means that you're outside Thailand's jurisdiction.  I don't know if they will take umbrage at you 'gaming' the system for not actually be coming from a foreign country though if you use an agent right in sight of the immigration officer.

Well, TIT and few, if any, procedures are set in stone. As I implied in post #16, the Thai IOs are well aware of the system and certainly do not take offence as it is a daily occurrence (I am referring to the Pong Nam Ron-Prum/Prom border which the OP asked about). I have used that border several times (last was a couple of weeks ago on 2 August when I drove there myself) and nothing has changed. As Steve mentioned in post #8, there is a big new Thai immigration building under construction there now; maybe things will change once it opens, who knows.

To the OP: you say you are unwell - I assume you know Thai roads - need to be fully alert with 360 deg. awareness at all times. Maybe consider extending permission to stay at your local immig office or go with a visa run company instead?  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RoyDee said:

Well, TIT and few, if any, procedures are set in stone. As I implied in post #16, the Thai IOs are well aware of the system and certainly do not take offence as it is a daily occurrence (I am referring to the Pong Nam Ron-Prum/Prom border which the OP asked about). I have used that border several times (last was a couple of weeks ago on 2 August when I drove there myself) and nothing has changed. As Steve mentioned in post #8, there is a big new Thai immigration building under construction there now; maybe things will change once it opens, who knows.

To the OP: you say you are unwell - I assume you know Thai roads - need to be fully alert with 360 deg. awareness at all times. Maybe consider extending permission to stay at your local immig office or go with a visa run company instead?  

Totally not disagreeing with what you posted.  Good catch with him not using the Poi Pet border.

Isn't there some sort of reprieve available with a doctor's note?  Perhaps someone can chime in for the OP about such a possibility.

58 minutes ago, steve187 said:

op why are you not doing a 60 day extension if you are unwell.

In post #10 he said it's not possible for him to do this time (reason not given). Imho best option is to go with visa run van and let them take care of it all. Pity the OP isn't giving any feedback.

23 hours ago, vento said:

Thank you very much for both relevant and current experience,. Much appriciated.

Ive read everything in the thread a couple of times, seems like, all there is left, is just to go do it myself :)

Thanks

There are 2 crossings in the area, Ban Laem and Ban Pakard. I always preferred Ban Laem as Ban Pakard was a bit primitive but that may have changed. At Ban Laem there is a service area directly opposite immigration with a toilet block , free parking and a rest area. It was always a much better market area. It is not much further and could be a better choice if driving yourself, I have normally been in and out in about half an hour.

You would be well advised to use one of the agents, saves a lot of hassle. Should be be 200 baht, they may ask for more but push and they will give, particularly when its quiet. They will want paying in Thai baht.

If you decide to go to Cambodian immigration you should also pay in Thai baht. I know it is more but a friend of mine insisted on paying in USD and they kept him waiting for 2 hours before he got his passport back.

Good luck.

25 minutes ago, sandyf said:

There are 2 crossings in the area, Ban Laem and Ban Pakard. I always preferred Ban Laem as Ban Pakard was a bit primitive but that may have changed. At Ban Laem there is a service area directly opposite immigration with a toilet block , free parking and a rest area. It was always a much better market area. It is not much further and could be a better choice if driving yourself, I have normally been in and out in about half an hour.

You would be well advised to use one of the agents, saves a lot of hassle. Should be be 200 baht, they may ask for more but push and they will give, particularly when its quiet. They will want paying in Thai baht.

If you decide to go to Cambodian immigration you should also pay in Thai baht. I know it is more but a friend of mine insisted on paying in USD and they kept him waiting for 2 hours before he got his passport back.

Good luck.

good toilets and food in the car park, just behind the temp immigration buildings at Ban Pakard

1 hour ago, sandyf said:

Good luck.

hehe.  yeah it has been a few years since I went to Ban Pakard but walking over the 4 foot long little foot bridge that went over a little stream/moat that apparently marked the border was cute.  Not much there.  But it was a quick and easy visa run. Pickup at 0630 and was back by 1600.

3 hours ago, steve187 said:

good toilets and food in the car park, just behind the temp immigration buildings at Ban Pakard

Glad to hear they have improved things. I only went the once about 10 years ago and when I came back into Thailand I ask the IO if there were any toilets , he got someone to show me a wooden hut in the jungle somewhere in no mans land. Not a pleasant experience.

In those days Ban Laem was certainly the better option.

4 hours ago, sandyf said:

Good luck.

They ask 1500 Thai baht when the visa is only $35 USD.

I never pay with baht and they give me back my passport instantly.

1 hour ago, sandyf said:

Glad to hear they have improved things. I only went the once about 10 years ago and when I came back into Thailand I ask the IO if there were any toilets , he got someone to show me a wooden hut in the jungle somewhere in no mans land. Not a pleasant experience.

In those days Ban Laem was certainly the better option.

BAN LAEM is still better until they finish the construction at BAN PAKARD jungle.