Index Living Mall Kitchens in Chiang Mai

jak2002003

Has anyone purchased a kitchen from Index Living Mall in Chiang Mai?

I like the look of the kitchens there... but the staff seem not interested to sell one... in fact they do all they can not to.  

My last house (4 years ago) they said it would take 3 months to come up with a design!  Then they never did the design despite my going back to the store many times as asking about it.  They always had an excuse, like the guy doing the design was not in, ill, off work, lost the plans, doing them again, lost them again.  In the end I just gave up.

This year we are building another house..  and the same is happening again.  The staff were too lazy to even look up to see we were there.. just playing with their social media on their phones. 

Eventually I got a girl to help me and explained was we wanted.  She took details and the measurements, but she was very half hearted about it all.  Then promised the design would be done in a week and she would call us when it was ready.  Aweek has come and gone... and surprise, no phone call.

I am now wondering if they EVER sell any kitchens form this place!!!

3 hours ago, Rimmer said:

Do you not know there is a Chiang Mai Forum?

//Moved//

Sorry if I posted it in the wrong place.  They have so many forums on here!  Thanks for putting it in the right place.

Grollies....  yes I think I will go somewhere else.  I was genuinely interested to know if anyone has a kitchen from this place because I can't imagine they really sell any at all.  

Waiting to see if anyone has.  

1 hour ago, keeniau96 said:

Index here in Phuket is far better on service than what you are getting in CM. HomeWorks and HomePro here don't seem to be into kitchen design per se but very helpful.

Consider IKEA, excellent designs, help and goods.

I've been in the IKEA store in Bangkok and really liked the look of the kitchen and the fact you can use the design tool on their U.K. website that seems to be compatible with what they stock here in Thailand.  But, what kind of support would they provide for a customer in Chiang Mai?  Free shipping to Chiang Mai?  Contractors in Chiang Mai who do a quality job with installation of IKEA kitchens?

There is an IKEA order and drop-off point in Phuket, but nothing similar seems to exist for Chiang Mai.

8 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I don't understand why you would go back to the same company after the first time.

The big places like Home Pro must have companies they use for the kitchens they sell.

It was many years ago and I hoped they had improved.  They also have nice looking kitchens different from Home Pro.  

So far I have not met anyone who has got a kitchen off them.  I suspect they actually don't sell them, just have them for display lol.

We have gone with another company now in Chiang Mai which we used before and are happy with the design and service.   I will go back to Index Living Mall to ask why no one called me back.. and ask if they have done the design, and then ask to speak to the manager if they have not.  

3 hours ago, NancyL said:

Looks like beautiful work.  I wonder if they do custom doors for IKEA cabinets or if that sort of work would be considered beneath them?

I don't know Nancy, there was a post on this topic a while back and someone suggested it. Being the packrat I am, I wrote the link down in my home repairs notebook.

18 hours ago, NancyL said:

I've been in the IKEA store in Bangkok and really liked the look of the kitchen and the fact you can use the design tool on their U.K. website that seems to be compatible with what they stock here in Thailand.  But, what kind of support would they provide for a customer in Chiang Mai?  Free shipping to Chiang Mai?  Contractors in Chiang Mai who do a quality job with installation of IKEA kitchens?

There is an IKEA order and drop-off point in Phuket, but nothing similar seems to exist for Chiang Mai.

When we were building our home in Maejo 4 years ago, we went to Ikea in Bangkok and had them design/quote cabinets for our kitchen. Shipping to Chiangmai was an extra, and installation was to be accomplished by their personnel/contractor who would travel from Bangkok to your home to install- crew travel, lodging & labor was at the buyer's expense. 

While the Ikea cabinetry was less expensive than one of the major cabinetry companies here in CM, we found a factory in Ban Tawai who for half the price of the Ikea cabinets designed, built, installed and serviced our kitchen cabinets made from solid teak. We liked their work so much we later had them design and build other cabinetry in our home, our dining table, pool deck furniture, bedroom and bathroom furniture and cabinets, etc.

www.homikitch.com

i was very happy with the work Homikitch did for me and had the same problem at 'index'. i walk in and want to drop 500,000B and no one even looks up from their phone. IMG_1473.thumb.jpg.6f2d0eefcbad2a3166633545bf8fb3fb.jpg

I am also a satisfied client of Homikitch. They recently installed units on my deck to replace Index units that literally fell apart after five years. The attention to detail and careful selection of materials for a covered outdoor installation were excellent and so was the customer service. Yes you pay a premium for Homikitch but it certainly is worth it.

10 minutes ago, brommers said:

I am also a satisfied client of Homikitch. They recently installed units on my deck to replace Index units that literally fell apart after five years. The attention to detail and careful selection of materials for a covered outdoor installation were excellent and so was the customer service. Yes you pay a premium for Homikitch but it certainly is worth it.

I also had Homikitch quote us prices for our kitchen. They were 25% more expensive than IKEAs prices and for pressed board materials way overpriced in my view

Homikitch has a selection of base boards, not just fibreboard. I have unuts made from fully waterproof baseboard material that is then high gloss coated rather covered with a simple foil laminate.

I have Index built-in wardrobes and within less than a year the foil was peeling away. After much argument they sent a youngster round with a tiny tube of superglue. Needless to say that lasted for a few months and has now peeled away again. Guess where I will not be going for replacement wardrobes!

2 hours ago, jeffandgop said:

I also had Homikitch quote us prices for our kitchen. They were 25% more expensive than IKEAs prices and for pressed board materials way overpriced in my view

Did you factor in the price for delivery of the materials from IKEA and installation vs. the Homikitch pricing which presumably was a price for installed and ready-to-use?

7 hours ago, jeffandgop said:

Yes.. you are right... my DIY skills are virtually zero.  

9 hours ago, jij said:

www.homikitch.com

i was very happy with the work Homikitch did for me and had the same problem at 'index'. i walk in and want to drop 500,000B and no one even looks up from their phone. IMG_1473.thumb.jpg.6f2d0eefcbad2a3166633545bf8fb3fb.jpg

Beautiful kitchen you have!  I have gone with that company also... I used them at my last house and was very happy with the quality and service.  

Thanks for letting me know you had the same experience at Index Living Mall.  

They must loose so much business there.... I can't understand why their boss does not think it strange no one buys a kitchen form them.

Check out IPM SAMUI - with a new office & showroom in Chiang Mai.

IPMSAMUI.COM

contact info for cnx on the website.

Not affiliated, just a very happy customer in Samui and considering updating the kitchen in cnx.

They offer appliances etc... installed and warranted.

IMG_2941.jpg

2 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

Beautiful kitchen you have!  I have gone with that company also... I used them at my last house and was very happy with the quality and service.  

Thanks for letting me know you had the same experience at Index Living Mall.  

They must loose so much business there.... I can't understand why their boss does not think it strange no one buys a kitchen form them.

That's strange, because when it comes to purchases of real goods, I've found them to be aggressive! One time I parked my cart full of stuff and walked away, and noticed upon my return that it had been moved and tagged, with the presumed agent showing up at checkout time to assure her catch. (Understandable and it's a good store—just funny.:biggrin:)

Maybe no commission on kitchens?

Archived