Fees in Thai Schools

My 4 year old daughter born in Thailand to a Thai mother and me as an Australian citizen is, I am told, not eligible for free schooling as provided by govt schools. She is an Australian citizen by descent but I have not yet applied for Australian citizenship recognition.

Therefore I have been requested to pay a school fee of 7,600 Baht because she has a foreign father. Can anybody verify if this charge to attend school is correct? Thanks for any advice.

Most Thai kids pay some sort of tuition anyway. At least in the high schools I taught at they did. I think it was about $2400 baht for regular and an additional $7500 on top for IEP program kids per semester.

Perhaps they feel it will cost extra to rid her of that western influence poisoning her thinking ?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
On 9/27/2017 at 4:01 PM, ArranP said:

they try everyway and anyway to make money

They certainly do

So when you thought everything was calculated & allowed for by going of the schools web site your hit with another equation.

As I just found out - Why don't !! these out fits (all Thailand ) up date their web sites

Got a surprise today as the fees had jumped 20% (in 1 yr ) when I walked into the school - 39,500 to 47,000 p/term private billingual school ( they intend to build a 7 story building for high school )

* 480 kids in the school up to year 12 (24 max for class )

* App 28 class rooms

* 94 teachers

* 48 Admin staff

** Seen ad for Falang teacher - 60,000 p/mt - 5000 housing allow - 20 hrs p/w - 2 breaks p/y 

Archived