Army Denies Coup Rumours

george

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK people very simple formula here, the closer Thaksin is to Thailand the greater the chance of a coup. So who’s turn is it to watch him?

Hes not that stupid!!

All this carry on, he has instigated. People are doing at his behest. Its just creating panic and mistrust, all of which he hopes will divert attention from and slow down the proceedings to proove his involvement in several corruption cases, as well as 43 BILLION BAHT in unpaid taxes

OK people very simple formula here, the closer Thaksin is to Thailand the greater the chance of a coup. So who’s turn is it to watch him?

This isn't about Dr. Thaksin. Look beyond the former PM. This is about just who they said it was about (i.e. the old guard). Specifially, a former military man.

This isn't about Dr. Thaksin. Look beyond the former PM. This is about just who they said it was about (i.e. the old guard). Specifially, a former military man.

To repeat myself from earlier this particular gentleman met up with Thaksin 3 weeks ago!! Draw your own conclusions

Have the Chronic Intrigue Addicts been stirring things again?

there is a possibility - and the order by the next junta for thousands of those mortars and other armaments will follow. Stirring is good for an american heavy industry

Nah, Chavalit is too old, he mostly speaks to himself. His old buddies not getting their share of the spoils is a different story.

But they are not the confrontational type of people. The only stubborn person who'd do anything to get his way is Thaksin. Without him everybody else can sort their problems out behind the scenes, no need to bombs or coups.

Nah, Chavalit is too old, he mostly speaks to himself. His old buddies not getting their share of the spoils is a different story.

But they are not the confrontational type of people. The only stubborn person who'd do anything to get his way is Thaksin. Without him everybody else can sort their problems out behind the scenes, no need to bombs or coups.

Sorry Plus, although I normally agree with your point of view, this time I cannot.

'Shave a lot' still has some "pull"

He was an old ally of Thaksin before they fell out. As I said before, I know they met 3 weeks ago. Thaksin needs somebody over here who is able to "do" things for him.

I think this is purely a financial agreement. Create enough diversions/smoking mirrors, to discredit the current regime. Create problems with the economy/ stock markets/feel good factor.

Money is money and with Thaksin he is trying all he can to hold onto it. Desperate men do desperate things!!

In my opinion the bombs failed to have the desired effect so they are adding a little fuel to the fire by suggesting a possible coup. If it was a terrorist group they would have claimed it was their handy work by now, seeing is I have heard no news it is coming down to mind games at the moment.

In the light of things I think the military should take over security in Bangkok for the moment seeing as the Police would probably be on Thaksin’s side.

I don’t see the military as a bad thing but most certainly the next coup will not be bloodless. So It is best to be deployed and ready.

Old news, but it would be good news if the junta were removed.

What's good about it? Who'd replace them? Guys who planted bombs three days ago?

Who'd get to form the government? What about contsitution? The Senate, the Parlament, the EC - there's nothing left.

Even ALL those protesting againts the junta would volunteer to serve as MPs or ministers - there aren't enough of them to fill all the empty seats.

According to news info from The Nation "

A soldier walks besides convoys of army trucks in front of the second Army Region in Ubon Ratchathani. The convoys departed the province for southern provinces, sparking widespread rumours of counter coup.//Matichon newspaper

"

RIGHT NOW 22.43 on the first page of The Nation.

GOTTE

What's good about it? Who'd replace them? Guys who planted bombs three days ago?

Who'd get to form the government? What about contsitution? The Senate, the Parlament, the EC - there's nothing left.

Even ALL those protesting againts the junta would volunteer to serve as MPs or ministers - there aren't enough of them to fill all the empty seats.

It wont happen.

Remember who 'approved' the new regime :o

The sooner the present administration deal with a new constitution and then call a General Election, the better.

This instability serves no one well, and as usual it is the poor and disenfranchised who suffer most, with rising prices and diminishing opportunities for work and education.

Absolutely, totally agree. For those of us living in Bangkok, best to have the current regime strong and in power.

yeah, there's a big difference between sparkgin rumors and STARTING rumors. If it was just an accident, it came at a very unfortnate moment.

Or maybe there really was a coup attempts but they were able to talk it out and put the troops back in barracks. We'll never know, only maybe if some new faces would suddenly appear at the feeding lot.