Thai lady attacked by foreign woman in McDonald's Khao San - but police won't do anything

rooster59

That kick at the Thai lady's head is at least aggravated assault, which could cause permanent harm.

Let's hope, the exposure in social media helps to identify this junkie and as usual, get Thailand's best of all 555 to move.

A few months in a Thai jail will teach that <deleted> a lesson and cure her off her addiction.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, BernieOnTour said:

maybe, the teacher used google translate?

That's a word-by-word translation from the Thai expression for "turn off the light", "bpit fai" = close light/fire/electricity 

Another nice one: "close mirror" for "close the window", because "gradjok" would translate to mirror as well as window :smile:

You know it could be that I have improperly maligned the teachers, as she could well have picked it up from Google Translate.
I have picked up the habit of reverse translating the translation when I use it, and it can be off quite a bit.

It could also be, as you say, that the teachers rely on Google. It was a small commercial school, I am sure without TEFL certification.

Super ugly foreign woman fully drunk.
Since is missing completely, any female class and refinement.
She probably had no sex for weeks and is envious of pretty Thai women with sexappel.
Hope she has to pay a hefty fine for the body injury.

On 8/19/2017 at 3:33 PM, nobodysfriend said:

Unprovoked aggression by a farang woman , her " friends " not helping the Thai woman on their way out ... bunch of foreign idiots , way too many like this in Thailand .

Sad to see nowadays no respect the woman needs a banning order from thailand but before the ban she needs 10 whip lashes in front of her friends and do it in the city centre for all to see 

12 hours ago, Bill Miller said:

My girlfriend's English teacher taught her that "fire" = "electricity". She asks me to "open fire" when she wants the lights, AC, whatever, turned on, and "close fire" when she wants something, often unspecified, turned off.
She is a pretty darned smart lady, so the education is at fault.

The teacher was right, fai is used locally to cover everything from actual fire to electricity, light, heating and power generally. The word crops up all over the place (rot fai fa - skytrain, fai dup - power cut etc).

It's similar to the word naam (water) in that it has much wider application than it's basic meaning. 

Italian woman charged after viral attack video

By Angsuma Sridokkham 
The Nation

63b5d15dde280a60cc9b66fdb836d8d7.jpg

BANGKOK: -- An Italian woman, nabbed on Sunday for attacking a Thai female stranger in Bangkok’s Khao San Road area on Saturday, claimed to be drunk and told police that the victim had a “negative attitude” towards her. The assault at a fast food restaurant at 3am on Saturday was captured on video and the clip went viral.

The assault at a fast food restaurant at 3am on Saturday was captured on video and the clip went viral.

Police arrested the suspect, Italy-based graphic designer Laura Karini Bollini Marchisio Della Predosa, 29, at a condominium in Suan Luang area on Sunday morning.

She claimed she was drunk and talking to her friends when the Thai woman showed some negative attitude towards her, leading to the assault. Predosa told police that she had previously visited Thailand many times. She most recently entered the Kingdom on July 17 and was scheduled to return to Italy on September 15.

Predosa was charged with assault and passed on to other police investigators for further legal action.

Earlier the victim’s friends had posted the video clip and claimed Chanasongkhram police initially refused to take the assault complaint from the group, even though they said their friend was suddenly attacked without obvious reason or previous dispute. 

Chanasongkhram superintendent Pol Colonel Pitak Sutthikul responded to the online charges. He said a five-strong group of female friends of the victim had told police of the assault 15 minutes after it happened. Police brought the two women together to get both sides of the story, Pitak said. The slightly wounded victim said she didn’t want to press charges but demanded an apology. 

Pitak said both women argued until the suspect broke into tears and apologised to the victim, and so police didn’t take up the case.

An hour later, the victim came back with a male friend who scolded police for not taking the complaint. Police asked her again if she wanted to press charges, but the victim shook her head, Pitak said.

After police checked the video clip in detail at 5am, they deemed the action deliberate and a criminal code violation, and so took up the case and sought both parties to gather testimony and evidence for prosecution, he said.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/around_thailand/30324369

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-08-21

18 hours ago, Bill Miller said:

No. it was being done manually. You can tell from the way the scene bobbles up and down, apart from the movement of the phone cam from screen to screen, when switching the scene's POV... not a "steady cam". Merely switching screens would not do that, nor show a panning effect. These effects are caused by manual (joystick) movement of the camera.
How do I know? Among my thousand and one occupations you can include videography of weddings, filming a few commercial spots, and endless boring hours monitoring as a Pinkerton security stiff. :smile:

And...on further review I owe an apology.
The "bobbling" is indeed from the hand held phone camera.
Good thing I am retired from all that now, eh?

Maybee if the police would kindly publish a list of places where they are not choosing to enforce law in Thailand, everyone can make an informed decision not to go to those places and spend their money there as they have no safety.  Then we will see how quickly a place like McDonalds will have their local MP's in the office to change the situation.

2 minutes ago, AWillOz said:

Maybee if the police would kindly publish a list of places where they are not choosing to enforce law in Thailand, everyone can make an informed decision not to go to those places and spend their money there as they have no safety.  Then we will see how quickly a place like McDonalds will have their local MP's in the office to change the situation.

This is an excellent suggestion AWillOz. This would have more impact than social media. 

On 8/19/2017 at 3:00 PM, andersonat said:

From time-to-time I read statements from Senior Police Officers that they *must* involve themselves in particular cases, because they are duty-bound "to uphold the Law".

- But it would certainly appear (to the naive) that they pick-and-choose which parts of the Law are actually to be upheld.

I remember going to the Pattaya police station a few years ago. There were two Americans, who had their wallet(s) stolen in Jomtien. The female police officer, with pimples all over her face like a teenager's, grinned at those crime victims, rather than writing a report, and suggested instead to take them to a boy-bar in Soi Pattayaland, even though the tourists had neither asked her to, nor had they indicated that they were gay...

I heard from other people that Thailand's finest are often very busy at the cop shop: playing computer games on the work computers!

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Italian woman charged after viral attack video

By Angsuma Sridokkham 
The Nation

63b5d15dde280a60cc9b66fdb836d8d7.jpg

BANGKOK: -- An Italian woman, nabbed on Sunday for attacking a Thai female stranger in Bangkok’s Khao San Road area on Saturday, claimed to be drunk and told police that the victim had a “negative attitude” towards her. The assault at a fast food restaurant at 3am on Saturday was captured on video and the clip went viral.

The assault at a fast food restaurant at 3am on Saturday was captured on video and the clip went viral.

Police arrested the suspect, Italy-based graphic designer Laura Karini Bollini Marchisio Della Predosa, 29, at a condominium in Suan Luang area on Sunday morning.

She claimed she was drunk and talking to her friends when the Thai woman showed some negative attitude towards her, leading to the assault. Predosa told police that she had previously visited Thailand many times. She most recently entered the Kingdom on July 17 and was scheduled to return to Italy on September 15.

Predosa was charged with assault and passed on to other police investigators for further legal action.

How did they find the attacking women in the crowded streets - she was still wandering around or her friends in Mc Donalds had been questioned? 

Anyway - good something had be done - if these aggressive behavior has no consequences - it will happen more likely again and again and possibly more violently too!  Good work! 

Her name is out - the Facebook Community and her friends and people who know her see it too and she can be ashamed! :post-4641-1156693976:

https://web.facebook.com/laurakarinab?lst=100000849040003%3A1293474525%3A1503283599

So, the vile creature claims that she was drunk and told the police that the victim had a "negative attitude" towards her. Makes me wonder whether this "negative attitude" only consisted of a look of general disgust at this horrible girl's drunken and loutish behavior? Evidently no words had been said between them prior to the attack otherwise it would have been stated. So basically, this vile little trollop thinks she can met out her own brand of justice on anyone she considers is giving off negative vibes towards her. The mindset of a jumped-up narcissist that likes to blame alcohol for their own misdeeds. Glad the police are looking to press charges.

On 8/19/2017 at 3:29 PM, klauskunkel said:

Every single time I think it is getting a little better, the Police comes out with one of their infamous statements.

Mc Donald = boxing ring  the law of the strongest , good to know for the next visit to Mc Donald

3 hours ago, Senior Player said:

So, the vile creature claims that she was drunk and told the police that the victim had a "negative attitude" towards her. Makes me wonder whether this "negative attitude" only consisted of a look of general disgust at this horrible girl's drunken and loutish behavior? Evidently no words had been said between them prior to the attack otherwise it would have been stated. So basically, this vile little trollop thinks she can met out her own brand of justice on anyone she considers is giving off negative vibes towards her. The mindset of a jumped-up narcissist that likes to blame alcohol for their own misdeeds. Glad the police are looking to press charges.

"So, the vile creature claims that she was drunk"  - so you don't believe she was drunk then?

"this horrible girl's drunken and loutish behavior" - so now you do believe that she was drunk?

Which one is it?

"this vile little trollop" 

Trollop - a woman perceived as sexually disreputable or promiscuous

So you know for a fact that the woman is sexually disreputable do you? Did you discern that from the cctv as I obviously must have missed that bit?

Archived