waiting time for thai passport renewal

The are passport offices located in the cities you mentioned. List of passport offices are here in Thai. http://www.consular.go.th/main/th/organize/21037-หน่วยบริการหนังสือเดินทาง.html

Requrements for the application is here in Thai: http://www.consular.go.th/main/contents/images/text_editor/files/Manual PP/20up -update 13-6-60.pdf

The passport is sent by EMS after the application is done within a week. Average is 3 or 4 days.

• Like 1

girlfriend got hers renewed a couple months ago in bkk,

in tanya park shopping center near huamak airport link

station. 

she says about 50 people in line ahead of her, but

went quickly, spent about an hour there.

she went in person, with old passport and id card.

needed 1000 baht, plus 50 baht for ems.

photo was taken free of charge at office.

new passport sent out by ems, received within one week.

Edited by ChouDoufu
  • Like 1

I went with my wife to Chaeng Wattana a while back. It's the building nearest the main road with the water feature. She up the stairs and turned left. She just needed her national ID card, paid 1000 baht for renewal and 35 baht for home delivery. It was a doddle. After about half an hour she was done and we went to the ground floor cafeteria for a decent lunch. A few days later the new passport arrived via EMS even faster than they had promised.

On 19.8.2017 at 7:51 PM, KhunBENQ said:

Following the list (last entry) the passport office in Pattaya at the Avenue Shopping Center (2nd rd) is still operating.

Quite centrally located, easy to reach.

If you want to use the office in Pattaya I suggest your wife tries to call the phone nr (038-422438) to make sure it's operating.

On my last visit I haven't checked whether it's still there.

As far as I remember it started as a temporary office during the blockades/riots in Bangkok.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KhunBENQ said:

If you want to use the office in Pattaya I suggest your wife tries to call the phone nr (038-422438) to make sure it's operating.

On my last visit I haven't checked whether it's still there.

As far as I remember it started as a temporary office during the blockades/riots in Bangkok.

It was definatley open in May mrs used it whilst we were there. Doesnt look temporary at all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
On 8/19/2017 at 7:23 PM, ubonjoe said:

The passport is sent by EMS after the application is done within a week. Average is 3 or 4 days.

Bumping and old thread to forward a question I got today:

is the passport always sent to the address from the house-book or can one specify a different address within Thailand?

10 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Bumping and old thread to forward a question I got today:

is the passport always sent to the address from the house-book or can one specify a different address within Thailand?

It is sent to the address put on the application for it to be sent to.

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

Just a quick update, YES, Pattaya office is very open.  3rd Floor of The Avenue plaza.   BUT.. one caveat.. the que fills fast.  It appears they limit how many people are processed per day. (told it was 250 as many were sent away starting about 9:30 when que filled) 

My wife arrived today shortly after 7AM.. her number was 108.   She finally got processed about 11:30.   Ergo, best to come is well before the office opens at 8 ish.  Fee was 1000 baht, plus EMS 45.   You do not need photo.  They take photo and biometrics on site.  

Passport to be sent EMS ten days, give or take.

PS.  FYI - She asked about 10 year validity.. told today no can do.   YMMV