Myanmar men appeal against death sentences over British murders in Thailand

webfact

• Replies 964
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, JLCrab said:

I see -- so these people who live on Koh Tao who might have the means to free the 2 keep silent because they are afraid for their lives on the island yet they stay on the island. Great. Nice to know such people exist.

many have livelihoods, businesses on the island, etc- ALL islands here are mafia, but some are more seedily so than others... because Koh Tao is SUCH a small circle, things there are magnified 100 fold- but you couldn't pay me to live there!!!

Just now, JLCrab said:

Unless you have some corroborable proof you are just a gossip monger. And if you had any corroborable proof, by what you say, you would probably be dead already.

oh i have proof,  friends who live there who were IN the bar earlier and saw everything leading up to the incident

AND the subsequent coverup-

and i do NOT deal in gossip...

11 minutes ago, jenifer d said:

i can ASSURE YOU that the 2 Burmese did NOT do this, and the REAL killer and his Uncle and father have killed and assaulted and threatened many others, before and since...

You claim you know the REAL killer and that his uncle and father have killed before BUT you cannot name the perp because your life would be in danger. Well either you are naif because you just  named the perp. 

1 minute ago, Krenjai said:

You claim you know the REAL killer and that his uncle and father have killed before BUT you cannot name the perp because your life would be in danger. Well either you are naif because you just  named the perp. 

i NAMED nobody...

many people have uncles and fathers

Just now, JLCrab said:

I see -- so these people who live on Koh Tao who might have the means to free the 2 keep silent because they are afraid for their lives on the island yet they stay on the island. Great. Nice to know such people exist.

Having dealt with the BIB close up I for one know what these so called police will do to get a conviction and have the documents to prove that corruption takes place right up to the ministry level. You cannot have a document that says one thing signed by a Ministry official persuaded to do so by a cop and photographed by myself then changed when the ministry found out we knew more that than they did and had documents to show they where liars cheats and as corrupt as hell. The one problem for them was that photo the stupid bib did not see me take. I love IPhones

Of the friends described above I'd be embarrassed to call any of them my friends. This is the murder of 2 young UK citizens. I don't see how anyone could go about their daily routine and live with the situation described above.

8 minutes ago, jenifer d said:

actusally it is COMPLETE truth, EVERYBODY on Koh Tao KNOWS who did it; i have friends on Koh Tao, I KNOW who did it, and i can ASSURE you that these 2 Burmese guys were NOT the perps

Firstly, you may have heard the expression "Don't try to teach your grandmother how to suck eggs!"? 

Secondly, you do not need to use capital letters all the time to emphasise your points - it is against Forum Rules anyway.

Thirdly, I have read quite a few of your previous posts, and to be honest, I am very well aware that you have friends on Koh Tao - in fact almost every one of your posts advertises that fact!!!  I am also aware that you are proud to have "gone native" So you see, I take notice of other people's standpoints. If you had bothered to read any of my previous posts on this very subject, you would know that I also believe the B2 to be innocent, but at the risk of repeating myself (again) I don't think that to blithely make these "everybody knows who did it" type comments is of any help whatsoever to those 2 young men. You only add fuel to those posters arguments who are as equally convinced of their guilt, because the first thing they will say is that if "everyone on Koh Tao KNOWS who did it" (Your caps - not mine!) how is it that "not one person has come forward, none, zilch, nada" ......... etc. and that ground has been trodden many, many times, just like  the Crime Scene before a proper "investigation" could take place!

6 minutes ago, JLCrab said:

Of the friends described above I'd be embarrassed to call any of them my friends. This is the murder of 2 young UK citizens. I don't see how anyone could go about their daily routine and live with the situation described above.

spare us your moralizing; yes it's terrible, hence my earlier statement about praying for the karmna of Thailand if they execute these 2 innocent Burmese scapegoats-

my next door neighbor killed his cousin in cold blood to take over the resort on the beach behind us- only me and and a Thai neighbor saw and heard everything, the BiB never talked to us, but if we had said anything, they would have told the neighbor what we said, and even though the neighbor would be jailed, we would be dead- and his wife and 5 children would be without a father

a prominent politician's son imports 30 kg of ya ice every week via our island, many Myanmar Rohingya are trafficked through here onto boats to Phuket and elsewhere, and so much more- we ALL see and know this, to name names would be to sign our death warrants... and it's even worse on Koh Tao, much smaller circle of people

2 minutes ago, sambum said:

Firstly, you may have heard the expression "Don't try to teach your grandmother how to suck eggs!"? 

Secondly, you do not need to use capital letters all the time to emphasise your points - it is against Forum Rules anyway.

Thirdly, I have read quite a few of your previous posts, and to be honest, I am very well aware that you have friends on Koh Tao - in fact almost every one of your posts advertises that fact!!!  I am also aware that you are proud to have "gone native" So you see, I take notice of other people's standpoints. If you had bothered to read any of my previous posts on this very subject, you would know that I also believe the B2 to be innocent, but at the risk of repeating myself (again) I don't think that to blithely make these "everybody knows who did it" type comments is of any help whatsoever to those 2 young men. You only add fuel to those posters arguments who are as equally convinced of their guilt, because the first thing they will say is that if "everyone on Koh Tao KNOWS who did it" (Your caps - not mine!) how is it that "not one person has come forward, none, zilch, nada" ......... etc. and that ground has been trodden many, many times, just like  the Crime Scene before a proper "investigation" could take place!

fair enough, you were conveying the impression that the B2 were NOT innocent

actually, the FIRST police investiugator named names and facts and was immediately transferred from the case

Thank you. I will go on moralizing if moralizing means being disgusted with people who might have evidence to free the B2 but they are worried about their vegan juice bar. How could they stay in such a place? That's if such people actually exist.

2 minutes ago, jenifer d said:

spare us your moralizing; yes it's terrible, hence my earlier statement about praying for the karmna of Thailand if they execute these 2 innocent Burmese scapegoats-

my next door neighbor killed his cousin in cold blood to take over the resort on the beach behind us- only me and and a Thai neighbor saw and heard everything, the BiB never talked to us, but if we had said anything, they would have told the neighbor what we said, and even though the neighbor would be jailed, we would be dead- and his wife and 5 children would be without a father

a prominent politician's son imports 30 kg of ya ice every week via our island, many Myanmar Rohingya are trafficked through here onto boats to Phuket and elsewhere, and so much more- we ALL see and know this, to name names would be to sign our death warrants... and it's even worse on Koh Tao, much smaller circle of people

Names have to be named for the sake of justice, many understand you cannot do this because some of us know what happens in the background there, so it needs to be done without you being in the frame.

I know what I would do with the info and god help the place if I get it that is for sure.

The British cops who where involved think the same but politics keep them silent
Last chance Thailand to end this travesty of justice and clean up your act if you do not then it will come back to haunt you for sure.

How do you know what the British police think, other than their statements?

3 minutes ago, JLCrab said:

Thank you. I will go on moralizing if moralizing means being disgusted with people who might have evidence to free the B2 but they are worried about their vegan juice bar. How could they stay in such a place? That's if such people actually exist.

I find it very hard to follow you at times, sometimes I can understand your posts to a point the for some reason the smoke and mirrors show up.

You did not go to the same detective school as I did that is for sure and if still serving and you where in my grasp I have you in for an interview.

Just now, B4Jazz said:

Yes you are correct and even today a little scared about those idiots.

actusally it is COMPLETE truth, EVERYBODY on Koh Tao KNOWS who did it; i have friends on Koh Tao, I KNOW who did it, and i can ASSURE you that these 2 Burmese guys were NOT the perps

So we should judge innocence or guilt on the basis of gossip?

37 minutes ago, jenifer d said:

oh i have proof,  friends who live there who were IN the bar earlier and saw everything leading up to the incident

AND the subsequent coverup-

and i do NOT deal in gossip...

Stop trying to derail the topic with your bs. If it was me speculating bs about their guilt, I would be deleted and cop a ban. 

There is only one true fact. 

They were found guilty twice and this story is about their final appeal. 

1 hour ago, mommysboy said:

I dont see why so many posters should be so sure of their innocence.  The reporting of this incident in the media, and the accuracy of postings on Thai Visa have been so bad that no conclusion can be reached by us as interested spectators.  It is somewhat mortifying to think that people on this board could be championing a pair of rapists and murderers because of their blind prejudice against Thai police. Equally, it is awful to think that 2 innocent men could go their deaths based on dodgy evidence. 

But one can not be blindly sentimental either way.  People should think before posting.

Because, dear "Mummy'sboy", everyone here who has commented that they feel the 2 Burmese were stitched up, is also because they followed, avidly and seriously, the appallingly, botched, contradictive, contrived, brutal and ineffective, illogical and downright amateurish, inwardly blind, ability to accept that a Thai person, (and one seems to fit the bill), could do such a thing.

That's why.irrespective of your trivial justice balancing act over who might have or might have not!

8 minutes ago, wakeupplease said:

I find it very hard to follow you at times, sometimes I can understand your posts to a point the for some reason the smoke and mirrors show up.

You did not go to the same detective school as I did that is for sure and if still serving and you where in my grasp I have you in for an interview.

Well then maybe this will be easier for you: Everything that person has said is unsubstantiated hearsay gossip.

i NAMED nobody...
many people have uncles and fathers

You're obviously refering to the head honcho who owns several bars and businesses as he has been discussed since this case started so not naming him doesnt really help you in your desire to stay alive. In truth you are getting hysterical for no reason Jennifer and no one is attempting to kill you for what you know. Actually that is what you dont know. You have nothing that could stand up in cort so give it a rest.

13 minutes ago, jenifer d said:

You seem to be leading a dangerous live, you claim you've witnessed your next door neighbor commit a murder in Koh Lanta, you claim to have proof who committed the murders in Koh Tao and you post that on ThaiVisa? I would be careful with such information, does your neighbor know you heard and saw the crime? He does now!  And what about the KT case? What proof? Eyewitnesses? Friends of yours that were IN the bar, what bar? THE bar? The bar of perp? 

You've just compromised your neighbour- and made serious allegations on the internet - for all rhe world to see. I thought you said a moment ago you fear for your life??

Just now, JLCrab said:

BTW from "The Sting" (1973):

Joe Erie: Hello Snyder. Whattya doin' up here?
Lieutenant William Snyder: I'm on vacation. You see that friend of yours lately?
Joe Erie: No, no. He packed it in. Enrolled in detective school.

Lets all not forget one thing and that is two innocent people Hannah and David lost their lives while on holiday, add to that there are a few more suspicious deaths in the same area. A police officer was transferred and that terrible comment of "A Thai could never do this" came out far to often, when we all know they can and do most weeks of the year.

It stinks and you know it.

The damage it has done to the place and the people will only get worse as the investigation was a sham and the outside world knows it.

Today there are still many people who do not know about it as its been suppressed but I feel not for too much longer.

All of us owe it to Hannah and David to get the facts out, those who will not help will find later in life it will come back on them.

Do the right thing or maybe you will be named later as a member of the Island of death.

7 minutes ago, jenifer d said:

fair enough, you were conveying the impression that the B2 were NOT innocent

actually, the FIRST police investiugator named names and facts and was immediately transferred from the case

My Answer:- "Pointless and untrue comment."

At no time did I give the impression that I thought the B2 were guilty. I was being critical of the fact that you and others "know" who committed the crime. You can't "know" unless you witnessed it - you can believe 100% that you know, but that's not the same, is it? It's a bit like saying that you know when you die that you're going to Heaven! Haven't seen a postcard from there ever!

Your point re the "FIRST"  police investigator has also been well documented and commented on before, so although another dubious action in itself, is old news, and as I predicted in my earlier post "a certain poster" (that is a member of a Detective School) has now started asking you to bring out your evidence re the one that you "and everybody on Koh Tao knows who did it." 

It's beginning to get like watching repeats of the 1966 World Cup Final comment "They think it's all over .............." , or "If you don't like it here, go home." 

So please -  stop the "We all know who done/did it" comments, they're wearing a bit thin, and if you and your protagonist in chief don't pack it in, this thread is in danger of being closed by the Mods - which would be a shame.

There are many things we could end up going over and over again, I think this summarises the situation concisely:

In its ruling, made secretly on Feb. 23, the Koh Samui court said evidence presented by the state in the original trial was adequate and reliable, and therefore declined to overturn the December 2015 verdict condemning two Myanmar men to die for the deaths of two British tourists.
“We will definitely petition the Supreme Court,” defense lawyer Nakhon Chompuchart said Wednesday afternoon, adding that he could not comment further because he had not yet seen the decision.
Zaw Lin and Wai Phyo, migrant workers on the island, were convicted of the September 2014 murders of David Miller and Hannah Witheridge largely on the basis of DNA traces police said were recovered from the crime scene and Witheridge’s body. No other physical evidence or witness testimony directly linked them to the crime.

Archived