Canadian tourist charged for killer Phuket U-turn

webfact

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, cabanlit said:

Charged with reckless driving causing death within 24 hours - wow.

Meanwhile, how's young Mr Red Bull doing?

Thanks, I was just wondering about that.  Will be interesting what the courts have to say and penalties for the Canadian. Seemingly as though the charges are the same as DH Bull S.  I also wonder if the Canadians passport has been confiscated by the officers involved? 

Accidents happen.  That's why law abiding westerners buy insurance, wear a seat belt, put their kids in a car seat...etc, etc.  Hopefully this guy took the full tilt car insurance and has travel insurance (travel insurance might cover some of his legal bits).  His arse my be spared....got my fingers crossed for you buddy.  

Can't be a U turn.  Looks like he was turning right across traffic and was looking where he wanted to go in stead of where traffic was coming from.  Not knowing how fast traffic can clip along on that part of the road can be a last mistake for biker.

4 minutes ago, CanuckThai said:

Accidents happen.  That's why law abiding westerners buy insurance, wear a seat belt, put their kids in a car seat...etc, etc.  Hopefully this guy took the full tilt car insurance and has travel insurance (travel insurance might cover some of his legal bits).  His arse my be spared....got my fingers crossed for you buddy.  

No car or travel insurance is gonna help your 'buddy'! He broke the law and killed a human and hospitalised another. Law abiding 'westerners should know better than to attempt a U turn over unbroken double lines anywhere on this planet. His arse can only be spared by having a <deleted> load of $ ,, a private jet,, fake passport etc etc etc ......................

Nobody speaks about these crazy ,stupid small cocks with trafficked noisy motorbikes, sometimes without lights at night ,running like crazy and using the roads as F1 circuit . Sometimes you think you have time to go but for the reason above you may be surprised

2 minutes ago, petermach said:

Nobody speaks about these crazy ,stupid small cocks with trafficked noisy motorbikes, sometimes without lights at night ,running like crazy and using the roads as F1 circuit . Sometimes you think you have time to go but for the reason above you may be surprised

I think your comment  is valid, though off topic. are you blaming the deceased and injured  for this ?

4 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

Looking at the photo he must have been making a 3 point turn. No way he could have completed that u-turn.

This 2 motor bike speeding over 100 Km´t ++ like fighting Witnes tell. On face book it´s about 1 hour movie right after the accident from the witness. And the Chalong Police have a Camera over the street the direction the motor bike drive, about 500 meter from the accident out side  Land & House on Chonfa Road West.They can se the bike speeding in Police Station if they don`t deleted it.

8 minutes ago, nasa123 said:

This 2 motor bike speeding over 100 Km´t ++ like fighting Witnes tell. On face book it´s about 1 hour movie right after the accident from the witness. And the Chalong Police have a Camera over the street the direction the motor bike drive, about 500 meter from the accident out side  Land & House on Chonfa Road West.They can se the bike speeding in Police Station if they don`t deleted it.

clearly the Canadian has done an illegal Uturn! IF? the bikes were travelling at 100klm, this would give the Canadian @ 500 mtrs of oncoming traffick 8.3 seconds to make a concise decision .......  Maybe the Canadian is/was not used to driving on that side of the road? Drunk? Having a great time until he/she comes unstuck for NOT following basic road laws.

How on this earth can you blame the 'bikers'? 

3 minutes ago, Foozool said:

Does not look like he is making a

U-turn. Looks like he is taking wrong side of the road❗️?

exactly ,       no left hand steering wheel, ....  

16 minutes ago, GBW said:

clearly the Canadian has done an illegal Uturn! IF? the bikes were travelling at 100klm, this would give the Canadian @ 500 mtrs of oncoming traffick 8.3 seconds to make a concise decision .......  Maybe the Canadian is/was not used to driving on that side of the road? Drunk? Having a great time until he/she comes unstuck for NOT following basic road laws.

How on this earth can you blame the 'bikers'? 

A don`t blame the bikers, but i live 500 meter from the accident and this road going from 4 line to 2 and speed limit are 30 Km`t, because many accident on this place.One off the Big motobike stay inside the car 1/2 of the bike and the back part off the bike was about 100 meter from the Accident. But R.I.P. the Motor Bike Driver Pririya Kraikeaw, 24 Year`s old.

7 hours ago, worgeordie said:

" declined to reveal the Canadian man’s name.", wonder how much they charge for that.

regards Worgeordie

First rule of Monopoly: get the Get Out of Jail Card (at any cost) first

1 minute ago, Peterphuket said:

But, but, but, what was the speed the motorbike drove, anybody?

When they drove 100km/hr or faster, the canadian still guilty?

Yes, still guilty. The bike riders could be fined for speeding, but he would still be to blame.

24 minutes ago, Peterphuket said:

But, but, but, what was the speed the motorbike drove, anybody?

When they drove 100km/hr or faster, the canadian still guilty?

please read prior posts,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I get the feeling that people here are trying to excuse this moron who just killed someone.  Hopefully, he will end up in jail for many years.  Forgive my cynicism, but I nearly get taken out almost as often by moronic Westerners on motorbikes as I do  Thais . 

I am not positive but I recall studying on line for thai license stated no u-turns on highways unless from a marked turnaround lane. 

May the deceased biker RIP and the other rider recover promptly. 

4 hours ago, trogers said:

Dual carriageways would have designed U-turns.

Normal roads with just painted lines between opposing traffic would not.

Better position yourself to be coming out of a lane, stop, and then do a right turn.

Like this? Back up into a side  lane, drive out of the lane across the double solid yellow lines of the main road and turn right?

u-turn.png

3 minutes ago, Maestro said:

Like this? Back up into a side  lane, drive out of the lane across the double solid yellow lines of the main road and turn right?

u-turn.png

Not allow to turn or drive across double solid lines due to blind conditions to coming traffic.

I know, but I thought that's what you suggested.

"I rarely make any U-turns. Prefer to reverse into a lane or driveway, and then turn right."

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/998319-canadian-tourist-charged-for-killer-phuket-u-turn/?do=findComment&comment=12200971

"Better position yourself to be coming out of a lane, stop, and then do a right turn."

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/998319-canadian-tourist-charged-for-killer-phuket-u-turn/?do=findComment&comment=12201842

9 hours ago, trogers said:

I rarely make any U-turns. Prefer to reverse into a lane or driveway, and then turn right.

I NEVER make u-turns. One time before I became familiar with the area, I ended up on Highway 7 and had to go all the way to Pattaya before I could come back. I was very late for dinner too.

Archived