BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Inn Between

What's a used Wave worth?

On 8/27/2017 at 9:48 AM, papa al said:

Well, Certificate of Residency and a couple other papers; power- of- attorney, one other.

You screwed bro.

Don't forget that you need to use the special LTO sales form, which is all in Thai.  Don't know if it is on-line, I got mine from the LTO.  Both the seller and buyer need to sign it in the right places.

Five years old and a 110,  I think 45,000 when new, with 35,000 KM I take a stab 20-25,000 more if you want it sold quick more on the 20,000 baht side.

On 8/22/2017 at 8:00 PM, steve187 said:

12,000 baht

I've got a bike same as that.. same ks too..  12 to 15 k would be about right.. I would think.. a good buy for someone at that price..  We bought a used Wave 100 about 9 years ago for 18k.. 15k on the clock.. she still rides it.. 75k on the clock now.. still runs well..   

Why not list in for sale on Thai Visa, most expats selling their junk on there usually put a price the same as new if not more (Cameras and Electronics) or maybe about a 10% discount on a 10 year old bike - You do however have to list it as "Farang Owned" or "Farang Maintained" to be able to command such an amazing price!

I agree with Allen B that is really your best bet with out being here to sell it good luck with your dilemma.

Randell 

Based on your post #11, looks like finding out what it might be worth is pointless in my opinion. You got to move with the deadline instead of trying to get a good price on it. The lower you go the quicker the problem is gone.

Are you in Pattaya, in so, give you 5000 baht for it and a statement email you sold it to me. I will use it for a sidecart that will take care of the paperwork.

Yes, I'm convinced that selling it without living there is not likely possible, but if I were there, I wouldn't be selling it anyway. It looks like my best bet is to find a way to store it longer. 

Thanks for some good input and even for a laugh like the 5000 baht offer to buy it and make it a sidecar. 

I believe this horse is now dead. 

On 27/08/2017 at 9:48 AM, papa al said:

Well, Certificate of Residency and a couple other papers; power- of- attorney, one other.

You screwed bro.

Correct.

You need a transfer form, a power of attorney form and a residence certificate from Jomtien all must be signed in blue ink . Also the green book. Copies of your passport and TM card. 

Without all the above nobody can transfer it into their name.

Without that you will be lucky to get 7k.  

Either keep it or sell for whatever your best offer is. 

5 hours ago, Inn Between said:

Yes, I'm convinced that selling it without living there is not likely possible, but if I were there, I wouldn't be selling it anyway. It looks like my best bet is to find a way to store it longer. 

Thanks for some good input and even for a laugh like the 5000 baht offer to buy it and make it a sidecar. 

I believe this horse is now dead. 

let us know outcome.

Don't advertise your bike on an expat site.  They'll simply want the discount they'd expect back home for a S/H vehicle.

Stick it on smokybike.com and have a look at prices beforehand.  Thai's will pay more than we'd tend to paid for second hand stuff.  My Versys sold in no time on there.  On expat sites the offers were way down.