southern border backed up awfully

4 hours ago, Cletus said:

OP,  there are at least 3 border crossing Malaysia-Thailand that I'm aware  of. 

You don't name which one you are referring to, so you don't even know what you're talking about. Based on something you have no knowledge, you start bashing on Thailand, showing the typical colonialist mentality of someone who wants to set his own rules in a foreign country. It's really that simple, just avoid Thailand as a tourism destination, or stop complaining and take it as it is. There're things I don't like in this country, but I don't go on a public forum and start severe criticism based on my western country supposed superiority. Anyway, there's many people like you in Thailand, so that may comfort you.

I spoke again with my Brit friend. The crossing was at Sadao.  He also mentioned how the people waiting were in the sun, without shade, middle of day.

As for me being a Thai basher, according to Cletus: Yes, you can say that.  I've been visiting Thailand for a third of a century and have been residing here for a fifth of a century. I can say many good things about Thailand and its people - and can also wax negative.  Since you don't want to hear the negative, I'll refrain, so you can relax in your bubble without annoying thoughts coming from me.   

20 hours ago, ALFREDO said:

By the way 

Thailand is more then 6 times bigger then Austria and has 8 times more inhabitants

BUT

Thailand with 32,5 Million Tourist arrivals has only a small lead to Austrias 27 Million if you compare the enourmous size differences

That's just 'cause you have to drive through Austria to get from Germany to Italy.  

Well, you don't really HAVE to, but it's quicker than France or Switzerland.

• Confused 1

45 minutes ago, impulse said:

That's just 'cause you have to drive through Austria to get from Germany to Italy.  

Well, you don't really HAVE to, but it's quicker than France or Switzerland.

Well - Transit is  No Tourism for the Country passed threw - so excluded from the count - important is the -Destination- of the trip.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Tourism_rankings

Edited by ALFREDO

32 minutes ago, boomerangutang said:

Sadao, 6 days ago.

Solution: Use Padang Besar, which has always been a friendlier crossing (for those not bribing their way in).  But there are reports they ask to see 20K Baht now, though - so be prepared if coming in on a Visa-entry.

• Like 1