Former Thai PM Yingluck Shinawatra has fled Thailand for Singapore - report

webfact

15 hours ago, Siripon said:

The previous cases you mention were all of men only known in limited circles. Yingluck is in a completely different category.

Believe me, if she was found dead in a police cell, the junta would face serious unrest and international condemnation on a scale that would not make such action possible.

I'm glad that you understand what I am talking about. Because most people don't. You are right, I suppose, there would be an international outcry because she is well known. But what you are saying is that only the fear of ignominy would stop this happening, rather than any sort of morality? Is that right or am I not putting it well? What I do understand you to say is - and I would put things much more strongly but we are working under the rules that the moderators have devised for their own protection and the protection of the forum  - that under this government people have died in very strange ways that have not been satisfactorily or fairly investigated. So I am not surprised that Yingluck would not wish to subject herself to what seem to be complete distortions of natural justice. Yes, she might rely on the international community to protest if she were to be found dead in a cell. But that is hardly a guarantee of a fair trial and a fair imprisonment. I think Yingluck would be much more aware of these cases than either you or me

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, tomta said:

I'm glad that you understand what I am talking about. Because most people don't. You are right, I suppose, there would be an international outcry because she is well known. But what you are saying is that only the fear of ignominy would stop this happening, rather than any sort of morality? Is that right or am I not putting it well? What I do understand you to say is - and I would put things much more strongly but we are working under the rules that the moderators have devised for their own protection and the protection of the forum  - that under this government people have died in very strange ways that have not been satisfactorily or fairly investigated. So I am not surprised that Yingluck would not wish to subject herself to what seem to be complete distortions of natural justice. Yes, she might rely on the international community to protest if she were to be found dead in a cell. But that is hardly a guarantee of a fair trial and a fair imprisonment. I think Yingluck would be much more aware of these cases than either you or me

I fear you know very little.

People have died in police cells under every government as have soldiers in army camps but the deaths you are referring to had nothing to do with politics. It is useless and possibly dangerous to keep referring to them here.

8 hours ago, Siripon said:

People have died in police cells under every government as have soldiers in army camps but the deaths you are referring to had nothing to do with politics. It is useless and possibly dangerous to keep referring to them here.

8 hours ago, Siripon said:

23 hours ago, tomta said:

For MY 2 CENTS WORTH.......... I think that both of your comments have 'very important content and merit'

Archived