Former Thai PM Yingluck Shinawatra has fled Thailand for Singapore - report

webfact

4 hours ago, billd766 said:

Equally amazing is that Yingluck had been charged, been to court and was awaiting a verdict and yet the Red Bull heir has not been to court yet.

what goes to show that some people indeed do have Face,
while other people have and are Bull

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, DeaconJohn said:

Maybe so, but the Shinawatra clan was conning Thailand long before the junta was.

Yes THIS junta, of course long before the Shins ever came to power there were a whole range of Juntas all controlled by the very same people running the shots now...

Personally, I don't think that Yingluck left the country.
She has not shown up in another country yet.
IMHO, she went into hiding somewhere and is now planning something very nasty.
If I was Prayuth, I would keep an airplane ready to save my ass.
Time will tell the truth ....

PM admits he has no idea about Ms Yingluck’s whereabouts

When it comes to justice in this country this guy has no idea about anything!

Edit:

OR he has EVERY idea and just taking advantage of being on top of the food chain.

14 minutes ago, hobz said:

Exactly, this is clearly the result of a deal between her and the junta. She will leave quitely and the junta remains in power. 

Throwing her in jail would jeopardise the status quo because massive risk for massive protests and overthrow of government. This way everything is kind of peaceful and junta remains in power and yingluck stays out of jail.

Then can you or anybody else in this thread with the same theory please explain to me why the junta would start this farce of a trial in the first place. Your giving a blind repressive military dic Junta too much credit. Anybody in Thailand with money can buy their way out without a passport. Yingluck can still play the martyr card from outside of Thailand where she can definitely do more to finally stop military rule. The repressive Thai Junta's hate of social media just went up a few notches today. The masses will win this war.

5 hours ago, Thailand said:

Good for her. Probably got wind of the verdict.

I'm sure she knew. After all she never defended or mitigated the actual charge.

But the punishment - now that is open to speculation. Lots of posters thought fairly mild - political ban, possible suspended sentence, fine. Maybe someone tipped her off it was gonna be draconian so time for a quick exit. Or maybe she's just had enough and told her brother so.

2 minutes ago, choff56 said:

Then can you or anybody else in this thread with the same theory please explain to me why the junta would start this farce of a trial in the first place. Your giving a blind repressive military dic Junta too much credit. Anybody in Thailand with money can buy their way out without a passport. Yingluck can still play the martyr card from outside of Thailand where she can definitely do more to finally stop military rule. The repressive Thai Junta's hate of social media just went up a few notches today. The masses will win this war.

Why?

I can only believe that "justice" is an alien concept for you.

Just now, Father Fintan Stack said:

Or maybe someone abducted her and had her killed.

We'll never know. 

Sincerely hope not. But apparently someone has posted she crossed into Cambodia with her son.

But, you're right, we'll never know the real machinations, deals, and positioning that's been going on. 

Or maybe boonsong knows the future ahead of time. Did you ever think with the economy of the last 4 years killing many of those who pull the strings pocketbooks that they are ready for someting different ? Maybe not the shins but a deal to put things back in the old order. Too much power has been consolidated in too few hands compared to past conflicts leading to where thailand is now. What is the end game ? only a few actually know, everything else is pure speculation and all of us armchair foreigners have no idea.

4 hours ago, Dave67 said:

I've actually read a few books that are not available in Thailand

And seen a few websites and Facebooks I guess that Thais cannot unless they have VPN so you are fully informed unlike the junta S<<< who believe what they are told by a bunch of thugs because unlike you and I they are stupid people.

Singapore?

Well just ask them to send her back then, second thoughts you would only be told two words one begins with F the other begins with O.

PS

Try looking in Japan but again those two words will be your reply.

YL fly's high today.

30 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

PM admits he has no idea about Ms Yingluck’s whereabouts

Prayut-to-Yingluck.jpg

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-ocha admitted on Friday that he had no idea about the whereabouts of former prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra, but he reminded her that she might lose the chance to appeal the verdict of the Supreme Court’s Criminal Division for Holders of Political Offices.

The prime minister said he was informed by officials concerned that Ms Yingluck failed to show up to hear the court’s verdict because of sickness, but the court decided to issue an arrest warrant against her.

Insisting that the court case is within the jurisdiction of the judiciary and it has nothing to do with him, he, however, said he had ordered security officials to investigate whether she is still in the country or went abroad or whether she is sick as claimed.

He admitted that he had expected Ms Yingluck to show her courage to attend the court’s hearing to listen to the court’s verdict.

However, he noted that he was not worried whether the former prime minister would finally show up at the court or not, but warned that Ms Yingluck, in her capacity as the defendant, should be worried because, according to the new Constitution, the defendant has the right to appeal the judgement of the Supreme Court’s Criminal Division for Holders of Political Offices.

Full Story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/pm-admits-no-idea-ms-yinglucks-whereabouts/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-8-25

The land of smiles. 

Ha ha ha ha ha.  Ha ha ha ha haaaa.  Rotflmbo.  Ha ha ha ha ha  <wipes tears>  :cheesy:

Two-tiered justice hard at work.

Peons to jail; the rich to Dubai via Singapore.  Hey!  I know.  Ask Interpol to issue -- a Blue Notice!!!!    :clap2:

11 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

Why?

I can only believe that "justice" is an alien concept for you.

It certainly is an alien concept to the Junta !  Justice ? don't make me laugh, in case you have forgotten, the biggest criminals are currently running the country with impunity,...

5 hours ago, Thailand said:

Good for her. Probably got wind of the verdict.

I would say so  or she was smart knowing that if she was not guilty they couldn't care if she was in court . The other option was go directly to jail . Who would hang around . 

The little man  tried to make an example of her and she made one of him . 

Hikarious 

17 minutes ago, choff56 said:

If I had to guess the answer to your question is this.

The Junta were probably always banking on the fact that she was going high tail it to Dubai long before any trial even started.

The fact that she didn't was their second worst nightmare. First nightmare would that she was convicted and ended up in prison.

So they were stuck in a corner.

Convict Yingluck, and essentially get insurrection in the North & Northeast.

Don't prosecute her and get their base riled up, risking Suthep, the mad monk to bring protesters back onto the streets.

Must give you a headache being head of a junta!

Archived