Chatuchak Market to develop app for shoppers

rooster59

Chatuchak Market to develop app for shoppers

Jettana Pantana

PNOHT600825001000811_25082017_034604.jpg

BANGKOK, 25 August 2017 (NNT) - The State Railway of Thailand (SRT) is modernizing Bangkok's Chatuchak Market to further attract tourists, partnering with Siam Commercial Bank (SCB) in developing a mobile application for shopping. 

Both parties signed a memorandum to develop a platform for vendors to manage their stock and accounting and receive payments via PromptPay. Currently, 50 vendors are participating in the platform. 

Under the memorandum, the SRT and SCB will develop an mobile app for finding shops and discovering promotions. The information will be available in Thai, English, and Mandarin. The full version of the app is expected to launch in November. 

Chatuchak Market attracts between 200,000-300,000 visitors during the weekend. The new policy is expected to increase customers and raise the standards of the market to become a prominent attraction in Asia.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2017-08-26

may I suggest........LARGE signs with the App name at MRT - BTS and entrances

"Where am I"  button ,  and meeting place directions , toilet locations

Simple phrases on English-Thai  ,and Thai English

Currency Conversion

Well thats a start , make the App platform so it can also be used at other places like MBK

I go there once or twice a year , but normally its so hot and crowded I can only last a few hours,

so I go early but then many shops are not open yet ,  you cannot WIN    !

Archived