Honda CRV

al007

We made the very big mistake of buying a Honda HRV

When we first visited and said we wanted to buy we could get no service, and it just got worse, in KhonKaen

We have owned it now some 5/6 mths, the electrics and alarm system do not work properly 

We have taken the cars in four times, now they say they are doing to bring an engineer from Bangkock, but it still has not happened

A piece falls off the car after a fight they fix it, it is falling off again

I am in Bangkok next week and need to find a senior person at Honda

Can anyone give me pointers as to where and who to see, my preference is marketing manager Thailand

I am almost ready to just burn this heap

4 minutes ago, shady86 said:

Bring it to Hondas assembly plant in Ayutthaya or Prachinburi. Look. For the Japanese factory heads. That should put them to shame because only Japanese knows the meaning of shame.

You help me greatly, I agree thats what I need to do

I have outside thailand had 6/7 Hondas and many many Mercedes, never seen anything so bad as here in Thailand

40 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

...and you still bought it?

In correct thread title should be HONDA HRV

Yes I still bought agree stupid, generally if it starts bad generally gets worse, but bought because in UK experiences with honda good still bought

Will go and harass Honda this week

May need to incinerate car to get attention

Having worked with Japanese people for almost a decade now, what you SHOULD not do is drive all the way to Ayuthaya and go complain there. First of all you won't get passed security and do you really believe driving to the assembly plant will do you any good?

If you want to go and complain to the Marketing Manager then I recommend you go and visit Honda's head office at Bangna (next to the BTS). 

Of course barging in their, screaming and demanding the problem gets resolved is not going to help you (it wouldn't help you in Europe either). 

My advice:

1. Make an appointment at the Bangna dealer. Set the date and time.

2. Explain them the issues which you have in detail on the phone and inform them that your dealer in KK cannot resolve the issues.

3. Visit the dealer and see if they can resolve the issue.

18 minutes ago, JoeW said:

Having worked with Japanese people for almost a decade now, what you SHOULD not do is drive all the way to Ayuthaya and go complain there. First of all you won't get passed security and do you really believe driving to the assembly plant will do you any good?

If you want to go and complain to the Marketing Manager then I recommend you go and visit Honda's head office at Bangna (next to the BTS). 

Of course barging in their, screaming and demanding the problem gets resolved is not going to help you (it wouldn't help you in Europe either). 

My advice:

2. Explain them the issues which you have in detail on the phone and inform them that your dealer in KK cannot resolve the issues.

Thank you sir some good and sound observations

I am but a simple retired  succesful professional man

My reputation was as a global trouble shooter who never failed, yes I upset too many but that is life

All I want is my car to work properly, and technicians not to make the problem worse, they are pulling unrelated wires from every where then not fitting all the parts back properly, we have a box of bits. 

This is at the newest and largest honda dealer ship in  Thailand at KhonKaen, where they have 200/330 vehicles in stock. they are now saying to lend a car they have to bring one from Bangkok, and then bring technician from bangkok all makes little sense

My electrics and locking and alarm system are not working properly, it is probably only a question of changing one control box with a choice of three

Not even let the technicians drive from  Bangkok to KhonKaen lend me his car, fix mine and return

The Honda service here neither meets the European or American standards, it is a question of getting to the right level, when there is a reasonable chance that the general honda philosophy of looking after the customer will take over

I was involved long time ago with Honda dealerships in the UK and this was not the way they worked then

A little more specific information on where the Banga location is would be appreciated like gps location

I am not alone at being unhappy and in the good company of McLaren, who I also know and are local to where I used to live!

1 hour ago, JoeW said:

My advice:

I did that with ford, it did not fix our problem, ford representative blamed the dealer and the dealer blamed ford, separately of course because i could not speak to both representatives together  this went on for 2 years

Only way to fix the problem was to sell the ford and buy a toyota and at long last have trouble free motoring:partytime2:

1 minute ago, madmax2 said:

I did that with ford, it did not fix our problem, ford representative blamed the dealer and the dealer blamed ford, separately of course because i could not speak to both representatives together  this went on for 2 years

Only way to fix the problem was to sell the ford and buy a toyota and at long last have trouble free motoring:partytime2:

I know I had four new Toyotas and never a problem, not one in ten yrs

I have a couple of different cancers and I wanted to make my wife's  life easier

This is also Thailand

I have already told the KhonKaen dealer I may just burn the car at their premises with press present, also have to be careful this is Thailand and do not want to wind up in jail (Joke not stupid, mad yes, some say do not get mad get even)

Thats why we all need to talk

Well we visited Honda HQ at Bang Na, very professional very attentive what had been so lacking in KhonKaen

They have promised to resolve matters in the very near future and whilst they are doing this provide a loan car

I am very optimistic all will be properly resolved

As always with good reputable companies it is often necessary to go high enough to see the company philosophy is followed and complied with

So far a happy customer

3 hours ago, al007 said:

Well we visited Honda HQ at Bang Na, very professional very attentive what had been so lacking in KhonKaen

They have promised to resolve matters in the very near future and whilst they are doing this provide a loan car

As always with good reputable companies it is often necessary to go high enough to see the company philosophy is followed and complied with

So far a happy customer

Happy it worked out for you ;-) Let us know the result. Luckily you didn't waste your time driving to their factories.

So far a happy customer

Good result so far. Lets hope they get everything sorted now.

The likes of Honda must feel like they're herding cats having thousands of Thais to try and keep moving in the same direction. I only have 4 to herd and that's a big enough pain in the backside.

Sent from my Cray II supercomputer

• 2 weeks later...

Well of course the saga continues

We return from Bangkok to KhonKaen, and take the HRV to the biggest and newest Honda dealer in thailand

We are given the promised Loan car

Four days later we are given the car back not fixed, the problem rats have eaten the wiring, incidentally clearly visible even when first complained about, not hidden by the bottom of the battery in the wiring loom

No one can categorically say whether this damage happened before or after delivery because if the rat had cut 9 of the ten strands these lights could have still been working and then become overloaded

Honda Malivan say they can not fix we now have to take the car to Honda Raja KhonKean, they say two weeks to fix, and an insurance claim

Interestingly Honda have a class action going on in the USA for exactly this problem

We still await the return of our car

Honda in Bangkok try to do their best but the rest in Khon Kaen really do not care, when I mention Honda corporate philosophy to the lady at Malivan she just laughs and says this is thailand, sad but true

My last Honda, ( and I have bought eight previously) sad but corporate Honda need to train local staff to give the service we get  and deserve elsewhere in the world

When the problem is fixed I may well sell and buy another brand

Archived