Air Conditioner Gas Refill Cost

4MyEgo

Just an update.

The new guy came, said there was a leak at the join, (which I knew), said had to take it away to weld the copper part where the join is and refill, then check and reinstall, 800 baht as quoted, no change in price, took the unit away this morning, came back an hour later, reinstalled it, working fine, gave him 1,000 baht, of which he appreciated and said if there was any problem to call him, which I will do.

Very interesting responses, have also learnt a great deal from the replies, thanks again to all contributing in their positive replies, now to enjoy the cooler air while on the net, and piss that fan off blowing the hot air around.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Hereinthailand said:

Show me one place in thailand or any other tropical area that doesnt have mold problems.

Yep, when they clean ours I watch, they pull the thing apart and pressure wash the mold off. I clean the air filters myself every few months. They charge me 500bht plus gas, but so far never needed gas..:stoner:....Honest chap..

I'd like to see a photo of all this "welded" copper tubing. Too funny

If the unit is operating (and draining) properly, it should either dry out daily when not use, or if it is operated continuously it should have condensate "flushing" itself and draining constantly. In any event, it should not be getting moldy.

The filter (if fitted correctly) will stop dust from getting into the evaporator coil. The coil should not get dirty, but the filter should be cleaned regularly.

The condenser coil should be dry all the time (except perhaps when it's raining) and should not require regular cleaning unless it is installed in a bad location.

The unit should never require topping up unless there is a leak, most likely one of the "welds"

Hey, does the AC in your car require constant service?

Hey, the Bangkok RHVAC show will be at the BITEC 7-10 September if you guys have an interest. Maybe I'll see you there...

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

1 minute ago, mogandave said:

I'd like to see a photo of all this "welded" copper tubing. Too funny

If the unit is operating (and draining) properly, it should either dry out daily when not use, or if it is operated continuously it should have condensate "flushing" itself and draining constantly. In any event, it should not be getting moldy.

The filter (if fitted correctly) will stop dust from getting into the evaporator coil. The coil should not get dirty, but the filter should be cleaned regularly.

The condenser coil should be dry all the time (except perhaps when it's raining) and should not require regular cleaning unless it is installed in a bad location.

The unit should never require topping up unless there is a leak, most likely one of the "welds"

Hey, does the AC in your car require constant service?

Hey, the Bangkok RHVAC show will be at the BITEC 7-10 September if you guys have an interest. Maybe I'll see you there...

A car A/C has fresh air continually coming into the car, if you keep the recirculating air setting on in a car you will get mold...

I have seen the mold in my bedroom A/C, probably because we keep the windows closed, so it has to deal with many ours of our moisture..

A car A/C has fresh air continually coming into the car, if you keep the recirculating air setting on in a car you will get mold...
I have seen the mold in my bedroom A/C, probably because we keep the windows closed, so it has to deal with many ours of our moisture..

The humidity comes in with the fresh air, not the recirculated.

I keep the vent closed in the cars and have no trouble with mold.

I imagine you're "welding" all your copper tubing as well...

7 minutes ago, mogandave said:

The humidity comes in with the fresh air, not the recirculated.

I keep the vent closed in the cars and have no trouble with mold.

I imagine you're "welding" all your copper tubing as well...

Well it is a fact that moisture from folk causes the mold...Cars don't like it because it corrodes electric joint stuff...

I have seen the green mold stuff inside my bedroom A/C....

I do find it amusing that the same guys that have to have tradesmen out to their homes every few months to add refrigerant and have all the dirt and mold cleaned out of their coils are telling me I don't know what I'm talking about, while I just hose off the filter every month or two (about a 10-minute job) and have no trouble year after year.

Perhaps all the mold and leaks come from "welding" the copper tubing...

Well it is a fact that moisture from folk causes the mold...Cars don't like it because it corrodes electric joint stuff...
I have seen the green mold stuff inside my bedroom A/C....

How many "folk" are generating moisture in your car? How often do you have to clean the upholstery? Close that dang vent and get those poor folks cooled down such that they stop sweating and generating all that moisture!

I do find it amusing that the same guys that have to have tradesmen out to their homes every few months to add refrigerant and have all the dirt and mold cleaned out of their coils are telling me I don't know what I'm talking about, while I just hose off the filter every month or two (about a 10-minute job) and have no trouble year after year.

Perhaps all the mold and leaks come from "welding" the copper tubing...

My home A/C is now 10 years old, never been topped up and no joint problems because they are all compression fittings, no solder...I clean the filter and the tradesmen come to blast off the mold every few years...As I posted, have seen the green stuff that was obviously being circulated around my bedroom....

Just now, mogandave said:

How many "folk" are generating moisture in your car? How often do you have to clean the upholstery? Close that dang vent and get those poor folks cooled down such that they stop sweating and generating all that moisture!

So where does your and others body sweat go with the vents closed...?

So where does your and others body sweat go with the vents closed...?

It drips out of the condensation pipe onto the road...you can often see a puddle of water under a car/truck that's been sat stationary for a while....its not from the radiator.

9 minutes ago, johng said:

It drips out of the condensation pipe onto the road...you can often see a puddle of water under a car/truck that's been sat stationary for a while....its not from the radiator.

I am sure it does but it doesn't deal with all CO2 build up, so l assume it doesn't deal with all moisture which eventually you will smell.....The smell is MOLD...

http://www.moldbacteriafacts.com/what-is-mold/

Again you know NOTHING about hvac units or how they operate. Your ignorance shows in your posts. As a us certified hvac tech I know you are talking out your a**.

I know you are but what am I? You gotta love it when all they have is name calling.

Post up the "weld" procedure for copper tubing you must have used to get "certified".

3 minutes ago, mogandave said:

With the vent closed it stays nice and cool, so the folks in my car aren't all sweaty...

The smell in your Vigo is likely a lizard that got in the open vent...

I have no smell in my beloved ride...:giggle:.....I just understand the operational mechanics of the system and use the circulation thingy to not make a ploblem...:stoner:

Wow, more name-calling, I'm shocked.

Still waiting for the copper-tubing "weld" procedure from the "expert".

for non ferrous tubing/piping materials brazing is the appropriate term for the joining method...which requires no WPS or PQR...no weld prep or NDE, etc...

for non ferrous tubing/piping materials brazing is the appropriate term for the joining method...which requires no WPS or PQR...no weld prep or NDE, etc...

No, according all the "experts" here the tubing must be welded!!!! If you think otherwise you know nothing!!!

6 hours ago, johng said:

an example of  "moldy" bedroom aircon fan.

59a3ad819dea2_P_20170218_101700(Medium).jpg.0543a7a1ae00bd4ebeeb77c8321a3f5d.jpg

Yes, never seen one here that doesnt look like that after a few months of use. Cleaning the filters (which I do every 14 days) has no effect at all on this build-up as the particles are much finer than the mesh of the filter.

The outdoor radiator fins get equally grubby.

Yes, never seen one here that doesnt look like that after a few months of use. Cleaning the filters (which I do every 14 days) has no effect at all on this build-up as the particles are much finer than the mesh of the filter.

The outdoor radiator fins get equally grubby.

Indeed

4 hours ago, tutsiwarrior said:

that is correct. another expression for brazing is "hard soldering". but we are talking technicalities.

10 hours ago, Hereinthailand said:

Show me one place in thailand or any other tropical area that doesnt have mold problems.

you come to my home and i show you little boxes mounted below my indoor units producing O3 (ozone) which prevents mold problems especially the dangerous mold build-up at the evaporators.

ozone aircon.jpg

Archived